Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ed Lauter (1938-2013)

jakeem

Stumbled across this on a non-movie forum:

> Ed lived on the corner of Georgia Ave & Beech St in the west end of Long Beach NY in 49 when as a 16 yr old I was working my first year as the Lifeguard on that beach.Eddie as a 9 year old became my Gofer, getting my lunch at Welker?s dairy every day of a quart of chocolate milk and 2 baloney and cheese roll sandwiches..trying at 137lbs to gain weight toplay football at L. B High.He was a great kid and became a fine basketball player at C. W. Post where I had played Football.Wife and I visited him in Hollywood just after he got there and had a fine time at a posh watering hole on Hollywood and Vine?? God Bless Ed, you will be missed

Lauter was a contributor to the recent HBO documentary "Casting By," which focused on the career of the influential casting director Marion Dougherty (1923-2011). As an aspiring actor in the early 1960s, Lauter could never get in to see her about potential jobs. So he came up with the bright idea of showing up at her office dressed as a postal worker. He pretended he had mail for which her signature was needed. When she appeared, he immediately confessed what he was up to, which impressed her. She didn't forget him, and the rest is history...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings