Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Halloween Time Trivia

patsydahling

I'm afraid it's just a visual reconstruction......

from a dvd review of TCM's The Lon Chaney Collection:

"'This currently lost film is "dramatized" using still snapshots, title cards, and dialogue snippets to tell the tale"

so worthwhile checking out but a movie it ain't...........

There have been two recent movies about Hitch himself, and other published discussions on that subject. The Wisconsin case of Ed Gein, and the resulting Robert Block novel, also titled Psycho, are the sources. I've thumbed through these subjects since this question was posted, and I've found no reference to any one movie being the "inspiration" for the making of the 1960 opus.

As for the reference to a "gimmick", is there some aspect that Hitch referenced? A shower stabbing, a fleeing thief, a cross-dresser, an event involving ****?

??

so, we've got a cheap but profitable 50's horror movie featuring an 'icon' that may, somehow, have inspired Hitch to make "Psycho".

As to the 'gimmick', are you referring to an aspect of plot, production, casting or promotion?

Archived