Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

(OT) Much Ado About Nothing (2013)

sfpcc2

I just saw Joss Whedon's version of Much Ado About Nothing. I highly recommend it. It featured a lot of actors from his stock company:

Amy Acker (Angel, Dollhouse)

Alexis Desinoff (Angel, Doll House, Buffy The Vampire Slayer)

Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Buffy The Vampire Slayer)

Sean Maher (Firefly)

Reed Diamond (Dollhouse)

Tom Lenk (Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel)

Clark Gregg (The Avengers, Marvels Agent Of Shield)

It was a lot more loose and enjoyable the Kenneth Brannagh version. Did anyone out there see this?

Funny you should mention Much Ado. I'm going to London for work next month and had hoped to be able to get a ticket to a production of the play there, at the Old Vic -- starring Vanessa Redgrave and James Earl Jones, directed by Mark Rylance. But it got so universally panned, that there are plenty of tickets available, including at the half-price booth.

I've seen three versions on stage: with Kevin Kline and Blythe Danner in Central Park; with Derek Jacobi; and with Mark Rylance. But I look forward to seeing the one you mention (and also Branagh's).

Two Guys A Girl And A Pizza Place was a sitcom which hung around ABC for roughly 3 (Maybe Four) seasons. From what I remember it was no great shakes, probally on the level of Just Shoot Me which was on about the same time. Ryan Reynolds and Traylor Howard were in it.

I don't remember Nathan Fillion being in anything until Firefly. He also had a small role in Saving Private Ryan. He's now known for the ABC drama Castle which is now in it's six season.

I can talk about Firefly forever but this ain't the place.