Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FlyBack's Name-the-Actor

FlyBackTransformer

I got one for ya. A real nifty brain teaser for all you cinema experts. Methinks I'm gonna stump the lot of ya....What prominent actor has a very pronounced (I think it is) whistle on the end of his esses (S) Like Jack Lemmon had after breaking a tooth on a stale box of Cracker Jacks in The Out-of-Towners. *You*...name the actor. :) p.s. bet none of ya can. this could be a long-lasting thread. :)

> I got one for ya. A real nifty brain teaser for all you cinema experts. Methinks I'm gonna stump the lot of ya....What prominent actor has a very pronounced (I think it is) whistle on the end of his esses (S) Like Jack Lemmon had after breaking a tooth on a stale box of Cracker Jacks in The Out-of-Towners. You...name the actor. p.s. bet none of ya can. this could be a long-lasting thread

My one and only clue. Appearing before many audiences, this actor's S whistle has gone remarkably unnoticed. :)

> I got one for ya. A real nifty brain teaser for all you cinema experts. Methinks I'm gonna stump the lot of ya....What prominent actor has a very pronounced (I think it is) whistle on the end of his esses (S) Like Jack Lemmon had after breaking a tooth on a stale box of Cracker Jacks in The Out-of-Towners. You...name the actor. p.s. bet none of ya can. this could be a long-lasting thread

> My one and only clue. Appearing before many audiences, this actor's S whistle has gone remarkably unnoticed.

The actor I'm thinkin' about ain't even in the movies. lol :)

>.What prominent actor has a very pronounced (I think it is) whistle on the end of his esses (S)

>this actor's S whistle has gone remarkably unnoticed.

>No, he ain't a TV actor either.

Really now, if you cannot decide if he is an actor or not how else is anybody going to decipher your hieroglyphs?

I think is why you thread has met a dead end.

>.What prominent actor has a very pronounced (I think it is) whistle on the end of his esses (S)

> this actor's S whistle has gone remarkably unnoticed.

> No, he ain't a TV actor either.

My last clue...."from the eternal sea he rises" But seriously, he whistles on the end of his Ss just like Jack Lemmon in The Out-Of-Towners but it is not quite so pronounced and he is in *politics*. Now who am I talking about? LOL

> When the Jews return to Zion/ And a comet rips the sky/ And the Holy Roman Empire rises/ Then you and I must die/ From the eternal sea he rises/ Creating armies on either shore/ Turning man against his brother/ 'Til man exists no more."

> The Omen

Of course. I merely want to indicate that the actor I'm thinking of is in politics, I certainly attach no devilish qualities to him but he does whistle on the end of his Ss. :)

> I certainly attach no devilish qualities to him

> Why use that arcane reference to The Omen ?

I had previously said the actor in question is not in films, TV or even the stage so I used that line from The Omen which is explained in the film as meaning politics. One more clue; this actor's (who is in politics) initials can mean a well-known aromatic quality. :)

>FlyBack, you have brightened up my day.

> Your weird clues led me to the only possible person.

> I first searched for PU, but couldn't find any, then I searched for BO, and it suddenly became clear to me.

> So, I guess I'm not dead yet. :)

I knew my aromatic hint would be the clincher for some bright bulb. LOL!!!

Yeah FlyBack, now that you mention it, I suppose the guy DOES have a little bit a sibilant 's' thing goin' on when he speaks.

BUT ya know, it COULD be far worse.

Uh huh, he could?...talk like this?...you know?...like that guy?...who's been telling us?...for the past?...few weeks?...that Hollywood movie?...are far too romanticized?...to be considered as art?...and as compared?...to the rest of the world's?...cinema?

(...so count your freakin' blessings here, dude!!!!)

LOL

;)