Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WOMEN OF FILM NOIR interviews??

FredCDobbs

About 10 years ago, either TCM or AMC aired a one-hour interview with some of the top older female classic film noir actresses.

But I think it was an independently produced interview. I don't think Mr. Osborne did it, and I can't remember which channel it was on. One source on the internet says TCM, but another says AMC. But it was similar to Mr. Osborne's interviews with the older classic child stars being interviewed in a group.

Does anyone else remember this? Does anyone remember which channel it was on or how we could get TCM to air it? It was the ONLY interview ever made with some of these famous noir girls, such as Audrey Totter.

Fred,

I have a list of Private Screenings that Robert O did and the Women of Film Noir isn't one of those.

The interviewer was actor Scott Glenn and it was done for TCM in the summer of 1999.

Here is a link to the Silver Screen Oasis thread about the topic and it includes a transcript and links to the Youtube videos.

http://silverscreenoasis.com/oasis3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4731&start=0

Enjoy!

Audrey Totter, Jane Greer, Marie Windsor, and Coleen Gray

Yes, that is it!

Mr. Osborne is of course the king of interviewers, but what was rare was this particular collection of dames.... uh, I mean Women. :)

The gals were so sweet! Not at all like their old movie characters. :)

I believe it was an AMC show it was titled The Women of Film Noir. Audrey Totter, Jane Greer, Marie Windsor and Coleen Gray were interviewed. I think it took place in 1999 or 2000. There is a website called The Columinists, James Bawden interviewed Audrey Totter and she said in the interview at the end of the article that the show was on AMC and it was called the Women of Film Noir.

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Oct 20, 2013 3:15 PM

Lynn, that 's great info and I'd love to see those interviews when I get a chance. It's strange that Audrey Totter in a published interview on The Columnists.com site mentions that she had recently done this interview called the Women of Film Noir with Greer, Gray and Windsor on AMC, not TCM. Oh well, sounds like a lot of fun :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings