Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Werner Herzog remake of Nosferatu

FlyBackTransformer

Watched it last nite and was not impressed. Seemed better to me the first time. Throughout the film starting at the open you have this ominous sounding long 2-syllable music....*"uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"* which lends a suggestion of death. I think I also prefer the rustic sets in the hammer films as well. Klaus Kinski is good if not a trifle too lethargic. He manages to scare Jonathan Harker a bit who already looks like a vegetarian and Isabelle Adjani already looks anemic. The ship blows in and it's rat time. Dramatically it is a weak film. Kinski's best scene is when he enters Adjani's bedroom and introduces himself but she seems to have already been expecting him. She sacrifices herself but to what avail as Harker the vegetarian winds up becoming our new nosferatu. He then states 'I have much work to do". He has to get back to Castle Dracula before somebody grabs up the property. All in all a rather somber film but it's no replacement for the Murnau silent classic. Shreck is unforgettable but even he is no match for Reggie Nalder as filmdom's definitive nosferatu Barlow in the 1979 CBS-TV miniseries Salem's Lot.

flyback wrote:

>She sacrifices herself but to what avail as Harker the vegetarian winds up becoming our new nosferatu.

Off topic...but not really--my favorite vampire movie is probably The Lost Boys. A cornucopia of 80's hair, fashion and music and some very funny lines and surprisingly good performances by the 2 Cories and a pre-24 Kiefer Sutherland. The sequel, made years later was terrible, but there was one line that made me laugh. A girl becomes a vampire and she's appalled, becasue she's a vegan. LOL

Nicole: "I tried to eat that guy. Do you realize that? Do you know what it's like for me to want to drink blood? Do you know how disgusting that is? I'm a vegetarian!"

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings