Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NewYorkGuy

Knife in the Water -- Loss of Signal in Lower Manhattan

Anyone else not seeing the film? Other channels on Time Warner here working fine, but picture went out after about 30 minutes, then audio towards the top of the hour, and now we have nothing.

I miss the old days, when stations would at least put up a sign saying they were working on it and apologize for a loss of signal due to "technical difficulties."

Try both the SD (channel 82) and HD (285) channels. Sometimes the problems only affect one feed.

They DID, NYdude!

Uh-huh, they even went on to say that the technical difficulties with "Knife in the Water" all stemmed from "Some stupid with a flare gun, burned the place to the ground"!

(...oh...wait...that was the technical difficulties with "SMOKE ON the Water", wasn't it...sorry...never mind)

LOL. I did try both the regular channel (82) and HD (782) last night -- same thing. I rebooted; no, it was just TCM, for whatever reason.

This went on all night. It finally cleared up this morning while I was getting ready for work. Went to shave and shower and the picture was still dark; came back to dress and it was fine.

As they say in New York, go figure.

That is a strange coincidence because on Directv, Knife in the Water began to break up and pixilate about 30 seconds into the film, and that went on for about 30 seconds. I thought maybe we were watching a deffective electronic copy, but after that the picture cleared up and I saw no more problems with it.

Perhaps this will encourage TCM to run *Knife in the Water* again in the next year. It's a remarkably good film. No wonder it was a big international success.

I hope so -- sadly, it also meant not being able to watch or get a time-delay recording of *Daisies*, *Andrei Rublev* and *Ashes & Diamonds*. So it would be great to have them all shown again in the not too distant future.

And with that, I think this buttons up this thread.