Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OT-World Series 2013

sfpcc2

Tonight is the first night of the 2012 World Series. Is anyone out there going to watch? Does out there have any predictions? I tried watching last year but it was hard watching the Tigers fall apart. This year should easier since Boston won. I glad I have Xfinity to pick up missed shows.

(I'm rooting for Boston by the way. I saw part of Fenway Park last year.

Mostly the Citgo station next to it.)

Rooting for Boston as I always root for the American League in the Series UNLESS by some earth-shattering heaven-rending event my and my wife's Colorado Rockies might get there again. My good wife will root for St. Louis as she roots for the National League. It will be trenches, grenades, and bayonet warfare in our living room until the end of the Series. The RED SOX will win in 6.

Since the Sox beat out my Tigers for the chance to play the series, I shouldn't root for them. But after the classy things some of the players said and their mamager said about Jim Leyland after he announced his retirement, I guess I'll wish them the best. But I probably won't watch any of the games. Plus it's an American league thing.

Sepiatone

>sfpcc2 wrote: Tonight is the first night of the 2012 World Series.

I wish it was the 2012 World Series. I'm a San Francisco Giants fan and I would love to relive their sweep of the Tigers. Especially Game 1, in which Pablo "Kung Fu Panda" Sandoval hit three homers (two off Justin Verlander)!

About the only team I dislike more than the Red Sox is the Yankees.

Thankfully, the pinstrippers were left in the dust this year. I would have

rather seen the Pirates or the Dodgers win than the Cards, but that didn't

happen, so I'll go with the Cards over the Sox. It does look like a good

matchup. I'll probably watch Andy Griffith on TVLand and then switch

over to the series.

I don't like either team - but I guess I'll root for Cardinals. By the way, I thought Justin Verlander is pretty good looking - I know someone mentioned him. He's a good pitcher from the Tigers.

Also, the poor NY Giants football team - at least they won a game. NY Jets aren't doing too badly this season with that new qb.

I have HATED the Pirates since 1960 when they beat my then favorite team the Yankees and my childhood god Micky Mantle. Demonic Bill Mazeroski and his despised though epic HR to win the series. Still can't root for the Pirates to win anything ever though I don't give a dried up cowpie for the Yankees anymore.

Roverrocks still has a grudge against the Pirates after 50 + years. Kind of like me never forgiving Jim Palmer and the Orioles for beating the Dodgers and my hero Sandy Koufax (in his last game) in the 66 series. I have always liked the Red Sox (my favorite AL team) but also respect the Cardinals and their long time history. So I guess I just want to see a good competitive series , with the Sox winning the 7th game on a Fisk like home run. ;)

It was an epic series in 1960 between Goliath and David with David (the hated Pirates) winning in a thunderous cataclysm I can't forget. Still vivid in my in my young boy mind. Amazing how some things are never forgotten or forgiven. I just hope this 2013 series goes seven great games as well. I don't love baseball nearly as much as I used too but the game is still transcendent some of the time. One of my grandfathers told me he watched Ty Cobb play and that is still way way cool to me.

>Somehow being from Detroit you get used to disappointment.

That's a shame. Detroit not so long ago was the muscle of

American manufacturing with a gleaming and prosperous

downtown before time and events changed its standing.

The Detroit Tigers have a fine tradition going back to Ty Cobb

and Al Kaline. Al Kaline is one of the greatest players of the

game to put on a baseball uniform. Ty Cobb's lifetime batting

average of .367 is one that is highly likely never to be broken.

Jake in the Heartland

I saw this on the television schedule that the World Series is between two U.S.A. teams this year. You should be very proud.

I thought I might watch some of it but I have not had time yet to do so.

Is this the game wherein the men wear tight pants with much padding and they toss and run with a ball when they are not reaching between each other's legs or patting each other on the behind or is this the game wherein they wear shorts and bounce a ball and try to throw it through a hole?

;)

The first game was a total snoozer from beginning to end. The highlight was when a popup fell between the Cardinals' pitcher and catcher who were doing an Alphonse / Gaston act. Too bad, but it'll still likely go at least six games.

Tonight was easy to skip TCM, since the only worthwhile movie (Castle on the Hudson) has been shown many times, but tomorrow night's Vincent Price schedule is going to be *much* harder to miss. For one of the first times in my life I wish I had a DVR box instead of a DVD recorder, so I wouldn't have to choose between channels.

Is this the game wherein the men wear tight pants with much padding and they toss and run with a ball when they are not reaching between each other's legs or patting each other on the behind or is this the game wherein they wear shorts and bounce a ball and try to throw it through a hole?

;)

I think it's the game where the players run up and down the field all excited for 90 minutes with their hands tied behind their backs, but the score always ends up 0-0 and then the fans all attack each other with fists and clubs and get drunk in the pubs until daybreak. One of these things is sometimes referred to as "The National Pastime". ;)

It was nice to see the Pirates reach the playoffs after twenty seasons

of having a losing record. Wait 'til next year, maybe. That win by the

Pirates in the 1960 series was a great moment in baseball. I was a

Pirates fan as a kid because I liked the real skull and crossbones

pirates.

Well, if you're rooting for the Cards, they're not off to a good start.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings