Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OT-World Series 2013

>Is this the game wherein the men wear tight pants with much padding and they toss and run with a ball when they are not reaching between each other's legs or patting each other on the behind or is this the game wherein they wear shorts and bounce a ball and try to throw it through a hole?

Ummm...no Sans, it's neither one of those two sports.

NOR is it that internationally popular sport where a bunch of guys continually kick a little round ball around a field for 90 minutes back and forth while on average there is about 3 passes or less of the ball to a fellow teammate until the next pass is intercepted by an opposing team's player and when after usually less than another 3 passes or less on average that team's pass will be intercepted and so on and so on and so on, and thus very often resulting in a final score of ONE to nothin' after at least SOMEBODY on ONE of the two teams will FINALLY kick that little round ball into the goal.

(...and yeah, yeah, I know, I know..."at least there's constant action in that sport"...well, I suppose IF ya wanna call THAT "constant action" anyway!)

LOL

Definitely a total snoozer. I quit watching and finished a good book. Now I think the little red birds are completely overmatched. Sox in 5. Vincent P. sounds more interesting tonight though I will watch some of the game. At least the dratted, despised, and detested pirates are not in the series.

Aside from the Yankees, I believe the Tigers have more victories in their history than any other American League team.

I just put in a call to my old friend Fred Lieb up in Valhalla, NY, and he informs me that the *Red Sox* are sandwiched between the Bombers and the Jungaleers in the all-time American League win column, NY 9767 / Bos 9075 / Det 8828

Who was Abraham Lincoln without his beard: a hick country lawyer from the sticks. Stonewall Jackson, ZZ Topp, Karl Marx, Brigham Young, Santa Claus, Gandalf, Charlton Heston as Moses, The Red Sox, etc. etc. etc.

*The first game was a total snoozer from beginning to end. The highlight was when a popup fell between the Cardinals' pitcher and catcher who were doing an Alphonse / Gaston act. Too bad, but it'll still likely go at least six games.*

*Tonight was easy to skip TCM, since the only worthwhile movie (Castle on the Hudson) has been shown many times, but tomorrow night's Vincent Price schedule is going to be much harder to miss. For one of the first times in my life I wish I had a DVR box instead of a DVD recorder, so I wouldn't have to choose between channels.*

It was a snoozer, but if Wainwright had gotten out of the first with no damage done who knows what might have happened. A double play could and should have been turned. Pedroia wasn't close to second when the Cards guy didn't catch the ball and Ortiz isn't very fast.

As a sports and classic movie enthusiast, the DVR box is my friend.

And it's already started with the sour grapes. I hear there's griping accusations that Lester had vaseline in the pocket of his glove.

Hey, St. Louis, the World Series started and you forgot to show up. Get over it and move on.

Sepiatone

> Dargo2 wrote:

> NOR is it that internationally popular sport where a bunch of guys continually kick a little round ball around a field for 90 minutes

I did like to play that kind but I could never find enthusiasm for watching it.

I share my fiance's attitude that it is ridiculous to watch other people play a game. He states: "Sports are like sex: if you want me involved, great, but don't ask me to watch someone else doing it if I can't join in".

Australian Rules Football is the only team sport which I like to watch. I never know what is going to happen next. It is nearly as fun as watching kittens fight.

Did anyone see last night's game? The ending was crazy. Do you thing Allen Craig was tripped on purpose or things just kind of happened?

I'm still not sure, (is anyone?) I'm rooting for Boston but I think St Louis is going to win it.

>Australian Rules Football is the only team sport which I like to watch.

Bloody oath, mate. I reckon Aussie Rules or footy as we Aussies call it, is the greatest spectator sport. Where else can one get **** while knocking off from work and then still make it back for tea and more grog at half past five? What team do you barrack for? I'm partial to the Carlton Blues.

A couple of players from Austrailian Rules Football have been recruited to the NFL as punters. I can't name names but I think one played for the San Diego Chargers.

Edited by: sfpcc2 on Oct 27, 2013 12:42 PM

Well, for some reason Middlebrooks raised his legs. Since he isn't a dog who was about to relieve himself, it seems he may have wanted to trip Craig. But all that matters is that Craig would have been safe at home had Middlebrooks not been in his way, so Craig must be ruled safe.

The little red birdies are going down!! The National League is going down!! Boston and the American League are a cinch now. It's bird season and the little red birdies are being bagged and eaten by the bearded Sox bogeymen!! My wife is fit to be tied!! Love it!! Go American League. The only way the birds would have a chance now would be if Robert Redford would show up with Wonderboy and The Savoy Special in hand.

I wonder if this will start a trend of ALL baseball players growing beards. At least in the NHL, they save the beard growing for the playoffs. But then, THEIR playoff runs are longer!

And as a bearded one for 40 years, I have to say that some of those Sox beards are quite impressive.

Sepiatone

Why do you favor the American League? (or are you just a fan of Boston)

I'm a fan of the National League because it doesn't have a DH.

I dislike a DH like I dislike colorized movies! (Ok, there isn't really a connection there but it was the only thing I could come up with related to movies).