Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Tommy Gordon"

bundie

I'm watching CASTLE ON THE HUDSON, in which John Garfield plays a character named Tommy Gordon. Last week I watched am movie called THE BIG CIRCUS, in which David Nelson (Ozzie and Harriet's boy) played a character named Tommy Gordon. And of course there is DEAD END, in which Billy Halop played...you guessed it...Tommy Gordon. Has anyone else noticed this? I wonder what made that particular name so popular among screenwriters?

Are there any other cases of names being used multiple times for different characters in different movies that you can think of?

BLU

>I m watching CASTLE ON THE HUDSON, in which John Garfield plays a character named Tommy Gordon. Last week I watched am movie called THE BIG CIRCUS, in which David Nelson (Ozzie and Harriet's boy) played a character named Tommy Gordon. And of course there is DEAD END, in which Billy Halop played...you guessed it...Tommy Gordon. Has anyone else noticed this? I wonder what made that particular name so popular among screenwriters? Are there any other cases of names being used multiple times for different characters in different movies that you can think of? BLU Just finished watching it.

All was great...except for the direction. Very talky. . Got very truncated after Garfield turned himself in. Saw a shot of a newspaper headline where Gordon was spelled Gordan. :)

The online "urbandictionary" defines "Tommy Gordon" as meaning somebody who's character is "mousey", or someone who likes cheese. Doesn't explain why. It may have been used for characters in movies who were mild mannered, or a "rat" of some kind. Try applying the name to the character and see if it fits.

It may also be some kind of inside joke among screenwriters we'll never get in on.

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings