Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Metropolis

sfpcc2

I've been think of watching the last months TCM's airing of Metropolis on Halloween night. Does anyone think that's a good choice? (Sci Fi / Horror.) If the World Series goes to seven games, (a reference to another thread), I guess I'll watch it during the day, (the joys of self employment, I'm not gloating.)

You can't really go wrong with Metropolis, but IMO an even better choice would be The Testament of Dr. Mabuse, which played on TCM just three weeks ago.

OTOH if you caught the last two games of the World Series, there's no way to imagine that it won't go seven. What an ending to game 3, and if game 7 ended that way it'd be like Night of the Living Dead for Red Sox fans.

I just watched it. I didn't wait for the night but started watching around

noon. German expressionism is kind of freaky but yeah, it's not what most people would call a Halloween movie. The Cabinet Of DR Calagari would be more fitting for the day I guess. Still, worth watching.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings