Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help finding title of haunted house movie.

amelia_ae

I'm trying to figure out the title of a movie I saw when I was a kid. It's in black and white and set in a large mansion. Details I remember: a man and a woman play an organ to open a secret door in the wall. There's also something with chalk and a numeral on the wall. There's a glass casket with the last name "Sebastian" on it. There's a scene with a woman swimming while holding her clothes above water to keep them dry. At the end there's a speedboat (maybe?).

There's one complicated scene in particular: a man (civilian) is being threatened by a muscular bald man who either lives in or guards the house. The woman steps in by tricking the bald man into thinking she is the ghost of the woman who used to live in the house: she dresses up in her long black dress and walks down the stairs with a candelabra. As she is walking, she passes in front of a huge portrait of the original owner, and they look nearly identical.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings