Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Battle....

FlyBackTransformer

against rampant eclecticism. Last nite what did we have? Cool Hand Luke followed by Bride of Frankenstein....you can't schedule these things up. TCM does. Sunday nite's choices look awful so I will counter with a DVD containing Stallone in first blood followed by a feature with Stallone & Schwarzenegger. p.s. I bet the monster coulda ett 50 eggs too. :)

I don't mind a bit of variety in an evening's programming. So many channels -- the Food/Cooking channels, BBC America, etc. -- seem to have hours and hours of similar programs back-to-back. That can be tedious. I'm not looking forward to the Food Channel's Thanksgiving programming, when they re-cycle every turkey program in their library. And BBC America sometimes shows as many as 15 hours in a row of the same show (Top Gear)!

> against rampant eclecticism. Last nite what did we have? Cool Hand Luke followed by Bride of Frankenstein....you can't schedule these things up. TCM does. Sunday nite's choices look awful so I will counter with a DVD containing Stallone in first blood followed by a feature with Stallone & Schwarzenegger. p.s. I bet the monster coulda ett 50 eggs too.

I am not sure why you are bringing this up now. How long have you been here and have seen the way TCM schedules movies? I am not trying to be silly here but I saw nothing wrong with the schedule from yesterday leading into a schedule that included several really well made horror films.

Having Cool Hand Luke scheduled went along with the other mid sixties films being shown in the afternoon, so why would that not be acceptable? I think that anytime TCM can mix up films in an afternoon or an evening just allows a non-conformist schedule not based on any themes, like many evenings are now devoted to.

As long as TCM can continue to showcase fine films from everytime period, I think that is a good thing. As far as Stallone, I like him and Arnold, but they aren't really meant for TCM.

It's nice when an evening's presentations follow a specific theme, or shows different movies that might have similar undercurrents, but THAT can get tedious, too. Night after night.

Many of my song compilations on CD contain several different genres of music. I don't mind my movie viewing to follow suit. Variety IS the spice of life, is it not?

Sepiatone