Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tod Slaughter

CaveGirl

Sometimes I just wish I lived back in the days of horrid overacting on the stage, but when I do I just get out my Tod Slaughter movies and laugh myself silly.

But honestly, I really do enjoy seeing an over the top acting style which is so melodramatic that is it enjoyable.

My favorite Tod film is "Fingers at the Window" in which he emotes with no shame, with amazing facial manipulations.

I can also recommend him in the Sweeney Todd film.

Anyone else here enjoy his histrionics?

FATW is the only TS vehicle I've seen, but it's supposed to be his best film as well as typical of his output. I think every movie buff should see it at least once, to get a sense of the old barnstorming actor-managers and their flamboyant acting style, before movies and then TV scaled it down.

anytime i see Tod Slaughter's name pop up i take an interest. his reputation and legacy makes him the "worst" (or campy "best") actor. EVER!!!

a misstatement led to a roundabout discovery. when you mentioned Fingers at the Window, i didn't recall Slaughter's role in that Lew Ayers, Lorraine Day, Basil Rathbone suspenser. so i checked IMDb and TS. he wasn't listed in the cast for Fingers. so i checked TS individually, and on the first screen for Slaughter were four movies. one was for The Face at the Window. when i clicked on the movie, i found it's a Public Domain flik and is available for free streaming right there at IMDb.

thanks for the backhanded heads up.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings