Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lillian1961

MOVIE REQUEST

PLEASE, pleeeeze, please show "The Doughgirls" again!

You have repeated so many films in the past three months so many times (do you HAVE to play that horrid film about the waitress and syphillis THREE times in so many months?)

Why can't you play "The Doughgirls?" It's a happy movie, we love it and SO want to see it again!

Why not release it on DVD?

What's the movie about a waitress and syphillis? Was it a movie or one of those strange educational shorts?

It was an educational short, but listed in the TCM schedule. They seem to love this thing, they play it over and over and over and ...........

REALLY??? A year ago I requested TCM to run 'WHAT PRICE HOLLYWOOD?'(1932), the first version of 'A Star Is Born,' which is seldom aired while you can catch movies like, 'The Women' every week. Nothing, for a year. Now I see it's scheduled twice in the next month. Thanks for making me wait a year to see it twice in the next couple weeks. WHO DOES THE SCHEDULING???? for God's sake???

>Thanks for making me wait a year to see it twice in the next couple weeks. WHO DOES THE SCHEDULING???? for God's sake???

gary,

TCM has to rent/lease the films it broadcasts. Not every film is available for rental and while *What Price Hollywood* has been on the schedule before, the rental/lease likely came to an end and TCM was able to rent/lease it again for its upcoming screenings.

One think we have learned from these message boards-Renting/leasing films is not always as easy or happens as quickly as we would think.

Thank you for the response. To be honest, I thought movies like 'WHAT PRICE HOLLYWOOD?' were part of the TCM library since it was an RKO film. I appreciate the info. And all the effort to bring everything we watch to TCM!

>To be honest, I thought movies like 'WHAT PRICE HOLLYWOOD?' were part of the TCM library since it was an RKO film.

TCM no longer owns the Turner film library. When Ted Turner merged his media empire with Time-Warner in the late 1990s, the film library was part of that merger. Warner Brothers now controls the former Turner library and leases those films to TCM.

>lzcutter said: ....Warner Brothers now controls the former Turner library and leases those films to TCM.

And if I might add, in recent years, Warner Bros. have been very aggressive in marketing those films to other channels too.

There are occasions when, say Encore Westerns, will lease certain films for a limited time after which TCM can get them back, but it's also not uncommon for channels to pay a premium to have exclusive rights and that locks TCM out of any showings for what could sometimes be years.

But there seem to be very few movies that appear on Encore Classic & Encore Westerns that TCM must go without for any extended period. Maybe 'DODGE CITY' or 'SAN ANTONIO' but as a rule you know you are going to see JUDGEMENT AT NUREMBURG or MRS. MINIVER or ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD at least a dozen or more times a year. Forgive me for keeping this thread going but honestly I'm fascinated by the whole scheduling process of TCM. For instance, there are a great many of us(and maybe not a great many)who appreciate the days honoring, say, Anita Louise or Robert Z. Leonard or Aline MacMahon. And appreciate the person or staff that decides those things

I was just using that as an example, films are showing up on a number channel. .

Anthony Quinn, Shirley Booth, excellent actors.  None of the great ones shown.  Where are Black Orchid, 1958 Paramount, Hot Spell, 1958 Paramount and Wild is the Wind, Ana Magniani (also excellent actress), Anthony Quinn, Anthony Franciosa, George Cukor, 1957?  Somewhere I learned that Ana Magniani did this movie in English, without knowing a word of English and still did an excellent job.  Worth showing.  Excellent movies.  Never seen movies.

Hi  TCM my name is Ryan Gauger i am a TCM movie buff I would love to see if you can air my favorite John Wayne movies on the TCM on the tv please. My first of my favorite movies are John Wayne movie called How the west was one please? And also my 2nd movie that I would love to see if you can have it aired on the TCM on the tv is the movie called John Wayne movie called The Big Jake movie please And also my third movie that I would love to see if you can have it aired on the TCM schedule for I would love to see it to be aired please. The movie is called The Pink panther movie is called pink panther and the son of the pink panther please. And also my 4ths movie that I would love to see it to be aired on TCM on the tv is the movie called The Pink panther movie called The Curse of the Pink Panther movie please. And also my my 5ths movie that I would love to see it to be aired on TCM on the tv schedule for me to see is the movie called The Pink panther movie called The Trail of the Pink Panther please. And also another 6ths  of my favorite movie that I would love to see is 6ths movie of John Wayne movie it is called The Alamo please air this is my favorite movie of all times please.

Edited by Ryan Gauger

21 minutes ago, Ryan Gauger said:

Hi  TCM my name is Ryan Gauger i am a TCM movie buff I would love to see if you can air my favorite John Wayne movies on the TCM on the tv please. My first of my favorite movies are John Wayne movie called How the west was one please? And also my 2nd movie that I would love to see if you can have it aired on the TCM on the tv is the movie called John Wayne movie called The Big Jake movie please And also my third movie that I would love to see if you can have it aired on the TCM schedule for I would love to see it to be aired please. The movie is called The Pink panther movie is called pink panther and the son of the pink panther please. And also my 4ths movie that I would love to see it to be aired on TCM on the tv is the movie called The Pink panther movie called The Curse of the Pink Panther movie please. And also my my 5ths movie that I would love to see it to be aired on TCM on the tv schedule for me to see is the movie called The Pink panther movie called The Trail of the Pink Panther please. And also another 6ths  of my favorite movie that I would love to see is 6ths movie of John Wayne movie it is called The Alamo please air this is my favorite movie of all times please.

If you really were NOT aware that TCM is featuring Pink Panther movies the last 8 or so weeks (and more to come),   you're the luckiest person on earth.

Dear TCM, 

I love your channel and appreciate how many requests and wonderful actors you have to grace the screen on a daily schedule. If you could please play Pebelope (1966) and All the Fine Young Cannibals (1960) sometime or relase them as a TCM Dvd, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.