Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM "ULTIMATE FAN" VIDEO ENTRIES

FredCDobbs

I like a lot of them. I wish more than one person could win the contest.

All of these video clips show the wide variety of people who watch TCM, such as that 10 year old kid. I wish TCM could show many of these, at lest once, as an introduction to some of the films they mention.

The sound is not good on some of them, but this is not a sound recording contest, so I don't think that will matter for the contest winner.

>All of these video clips show the wide variety of people who watch TCM, such as that 10 year old kid.

The videos are a lot of fun and people seemed to be enjoying themselves in putting them together. One of the great things about the diversity of the people in the videos is that it allows us to see that the larger TCM audience out there is more diverse than we often give them credit for being here on the message boards.

One of the big complaints we often hear on these boards is that young people aren't interested in classic films or black and white movies. Yet, the 10 year old in this contest (as well as the 15 year old in the original contest back in 2008) allow us to see that kids and young people are not all part of that stereo-type and that they can appreciate and love TCM just as much as the old-timers.

I think TCM needs to get that 10 year old kid in the studio with Bob.

One thing I learned about kids, while in the news business, is that they are often afraid to let other kids know they like "old folks stuff". But if just one of them speaks out, like this 10 year old, and especially if he gets on TV, then all the other kids will want to imitate him, and will know that it is ok to like Adult Stuff.

>I think TCM needs to get that 10 year old kid in the studio with Bob.

FredC,

I hope so, too. The only drawback may be there may have been an age limit (over 18) on the contest. That's a common provision in most contests and in some states, there by law.

Juan Castro, the 15 year old who entered the *Be a Guest Programmer* video contest back in 2008 wasn't able to be considered because he was under the age limit.

However a few months later, when TCM taped their 15th anniversary with 15 Fan Programmers, young Juan Castro was able to be one of them because those fans were picked by the TCM staff and not part of a contest.

Perhaps, if necessary, history may repeat itself.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings