Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The True Story You Would Like to See Filmed!

CaveGirl

Okay, so I'm down on film historians lately, and another group who need some serious assistance from the vox populi is...film scriptwriters, in my opinion.

I haven't seen a really good plot on film for eons.

The world if full of interesting tales of true life, that would be more entertaining than one more film about a bank heist in Vegas by former People Magazine cover boys.

For me, the story about Charles Lindbergh fathering three or more illegitimate children in Germany, and his links to former Nazi experiments is something I'd enjoy seeing considering his wholesome image in the USA. I'd cast Jon Voigt as the older Charles as he was great in the "Odessa File" and looks rather Aryan.

I've got a bunch more ideas, but how about you? What story ripped from the headlines have YOU always wanted to see filmed?

If it is not as exciting as "The Christine Jorgenson Story" don't even waste our time!

1) A narrative on the life of Anna May Wong--not a documentary--a Hollywood narrative movie.

2) A narrative movie on James Wong Howe---NOT A DOCUMENTARY--a narrative Hollywood movie.

3) A narrative story on the marriages between Chinese men and Irish women in mid-1800s NY. The men took the women's surnames to sound more "American." Asians have been around for so long but still treated like they just came yesterday or in the 1970s. Also they procreated outside their race more than 150 years ago in America so it's mindboggling that people still think ambiguous looking Americans are "new" Americans and are only of one ethnic background. I didn't know it was "impossible" for people of different "races" to have babies.

4) I wish that Lupe Velez biopic would get completed.

Edited by: Lagamorpha on Nov 5, 2013 10:13 PM

I love the Lindbergh/Nazi idea, and the Theodora idea as well. I had a dream about Theodora once, very strange.

Two more ideas: another Byzantine lady, the Empress Irene, was said to have poisoned her husband and blinded her son, so that she could become Empress. Despite her (alleged) dastardly deeds, she has been sanctified, because she was an iconodule and fought for the cause.

Another idea, ripped from current headlines: the Rebekah Brooks/Andy Coulson/Rupert Murdoch scandal. Very juicy!

OMG! These are all great.

I love the Theodora idea, and I actually own that Darger documentary, and his drawings of the little girl/boy composite people is so fascinating.

Anna Mae and James would be wonderful, as would Aral Sea stuff and what film fan would not like something about William Haines or Django.

Thanks and I hope some bored screenwriter appreciates all these suggstions!

I would love to see a biopic that would do justice to the life and legacy of Sor Juana In?s de la Cruz, The 17th century Mexican Writerand scholar, And early feminist She was a a child prodigy, self taught in all subjects, since it was forbidden for girls (she even tried, yentl~like, to enroll in the university as a man). She became one of the greatest poets and writers during the Spanish Siglo de Oro, and had as a patroness (and more?), the wife of the viceroy. She entered a convent to be able to continue her writing and studies, without having to settle in a more conventional married life. There have been a couple of Mexican films of her life, but I'd like an old fashioned biography, that could use the many convents and Viceregal buildings still standing in Mexico city, to show the sumptuous settings of the period.against the oppressive anti intellectual ambiance.

The story of Lew Wasserman and MCA is fscinating--lots of scandal and intrigue and insider information. And Ronald Regan comes off as kind of a crook, so that's a bonus. ;) The book _The Last Mogul_ would be a good source.

A biopic of _An Affair to Remember_ about the relationship between Tracy and Hepburn might be interesting. Or infuriating, because I have very mixed emotions about that particular pairing in real life...

A version of *Milk* in which Jim Jones is given the prominence he really had in San Francisco at the time.

Lyle Talbot's son (or, one of Talbot's sons; I don't remember which one) wrote a book on San Francisco that covers Jones' connections with the municipal government; he could do the story if not the screenplay.

I think it was called Auto Focus? Something like that. Came out maybe 5 yrs ago. I saw it. Thought it was good, but didnt do well. Really downbeat story, but well acted. The actor from Talk Soup (forget his name) played Crane and did a good job........

It wasnt just about his death. Portrayed his career/life leading up to that.......

Edited by: Hibi on Nov 7, 2013 1:36 PM

No, it was a theatrical release. Directed by Paul Schrader. It did get good reviews, but the movie is so relentlessly downbeat it played out quickly. It's worth seeing (imo). Willem Dafoe and Rita Wilson (Tom Hanks wife) were also in it...........