Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
twister

James Dean

Bumping this thread...I am reading a bio called Little Boy Lost on James Dean - it's one of the best bios I've read. I know there are lots of bios on James Dean...any other good ones on him I can read?

Yeah, well, it's too bad poor James didn't get his wish of "being alone" just as that big Ford sedan plowed into the front of his little Porsche Spyder, anyway. ;)

(...OH, and once AGAIN, people...that's "SPYDER" not "SPEEDSTER"!!!)

LOL

Edited by: Dargo2 on Jan 24, 2014 11:15 AM

Maybe, but a modern Lambo is MUCH more crashworthy at 60MPH(and reportedly the top speed little Justin was caught "speeding" in it...or as Leno said last night, "60??? Hey Justin, that's a freakin' Lamborghini! Try SECOND GEAR now, kid! LOL ) than would be the diminutive and lacking any modern safety features of the 550 Spyder that Dean was driving.

(...and thus why I drive MY 550 Spyder like I'm riding one of my motorcycles...as if nobody sees me out there...and which YOU'LL see if you ever get your butt over here to Sedona!!!) LOL

;)

Hey, I haven't forgotten getting over to Sedona and it should happen in early Spring. So yea when we meet for lunch I would love to see that car. But when you travel in the hills or over dirt roads I assume you take a car that sits higher off the ground.

Anyhow, for anyone else reading this, I hope Justin gets his act together for his own sake. i.e. I do NOT wish that he ends up like Dean (but some of his neighbors might). But if this was a cheap 30's programmer we all know how the story would end and it wouldn't be pretty.

Great! Just send me off a little ol' PM and let me know when in Spring that'll be.