Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wow! What a print!

slaytonf

From the first seconds, I could instantly see a distinct difference in the quality of the image of this night's showing of Gone With the Wind. In past years, some prints were overcast with a dingy reddish hue, or muddy, or downright fuzzy. The images in tonight's print are so sharp and pellucid, it's like seeing it through crystal spring water. Oh, to see this on a big screen.

If your tv is high def you should see the difference. Where I live comcast broadcats tcm on two different channls - one is sd, the other is hd and boy, there is a big difference! Hard to believe as often as tcm runs gwtw they didn't have a great print before now. Of course i could be wrong...

You have the meaning correct, Sepiatone. Translucent, as its roots imply, means transmitting light, but only that, not image. However, that word's definition seems to be undergoing a drift in its definition. Transparent doesn't seem to have enough cachet, so translucent is taking its place. My suggestion is to stick with pellucid. It's by far the most attractive word. You can thank Edgar Rice Burroughs for my knowing it, by the way.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings