Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Live Sound Of Music With Carrie Underwood On NBC

sfpcc2

In December NBC is airing a live version of The Sound Of Music with Carrie Underwood. I don't think this is design to replace the Julie Andrews version, just something nice for the holidays. I've never watched American Idol and don't really have any opinion about Miss Underwood, but I'm kind of curious about this. I think Zachery Levi (Chuck, Tangled) is going to play the Chrstopher Plumber Role.

Stephen Moyer (TRUE BLOOD) is playing The Captain. This is a live version of the play, not a redo of the movie. They are, however, keeping "Something Good" from the film, as opposed to "An Ordinary Couple", which is sung in the show. Elsa and Max sing their two numbers, and "My Favorite Things", "Do Re Mi" and "The Lonely Goatherd" are in their original show positions. There is no "I Have Confidence" as that was written for the movie, and is a cinematic number, not appropriate to sets in a studio.

This isn't quite a stage production either. It's a live studio production. It'll have the look of a soap opera, not a film or a stage play. These use to be staples on television. In fact, Julie Andrews did a live musical for television in 1957, when they were a lot harder to do. The last live studio production I can recall, also starred Julie Andrews, in ON GOLDEN POND, in 2001. Although there may have been another, since. I don't recall it. I'm very much looking forward to it. I only wish they had kept the actual love song from the show, and made it a complete show version of the musical.

",,design to replace the Julie Andrews version'.???

No version of a work is ever created or designed to replace a previous version.

NOW, overtime people might remember a more recent verison of a work more so than prior versions but that isn't close to being the same as a work was designed to replace a prior version.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings