Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Go West" -- Soundtrack Discrepancy on TCM Website

NewYorkGuy

Ah, me. When you go to the "Article" link that was on the daily schedule for "Go West" (http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/492448/Go-West/articles.html), the soundtrack is listed as being by Konrad Elfers.

I was looking forward to hearing that, but instead it was the Eric Beheim soundtrack -- perfectly fine if obviously performed on a synthesizer, and I have it from a previous TCM airing of the movie. But I enjoy hearing how different composers handle silent film scoring.

AMC's airing of "Go West" some years ago had an excellent score but there was no credit listed at the end. I was hoping perhaps it was the Elfers score and I'd confirm that last night...

I see that Bill Frisell also recorded a soundtrack for it in 1995.

I think it would be cool if they could add one without a soundtrack for those who are musically inclined and have their own keyboard instrument and/or MIDI set-up.

I used to have a small MIDI home studio and would play around with films once in awhile. There were even a couple of talkies I muted and played to, but I can't recall their titles - many years ago.

>*I think it would be cool if they could add one without a soundtrack* for those who are musically inclined and have their own keyboard instrument and/or MIDI set-up.

I've thought about this problem a long time, Kid, and all I could come up with as a solution to your problem is for you to turn the sound on your TV to the OFF position, and then you wouldn't hear the other music. :)

Ha! LOL! :) I guess I was thinking of some early talkies too, where I could hear the dialog and add my own score. That was a pretty dumb statement for me to make about silent films only.. :P Of course I just mute those.

This is what happens when my thoughts bypass my brain and go

straight to my fingers. No jokes please.. :P

Well, I do something similar.

I'll have an old movie on TV on TCM but I've seen it a dozen times in the last couple of years, so I'll look around on YouTube for another movie. When I find one, I start it to playing. When the sound comes on, I can't hear it very well, so I turn up the volume until it is blaring loudly. Sometimes it take me a minute or two to realize it would help the situation if I would just remember to turn down the sound on the movie that is still showing on my TV. :)