Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

R.I.P. Cmdr. Christopher Draper, USN

He had a small part in Batman. He was one of Catwoman's Henchman in Batman Displays His Knowledge, (the final Julie Newmar Catwoman.) I can't remember if he was Brown, Penn, Or Cornell?

( I know Adam West was in Lieutenant Robisnson Crusoe On Mars but I haven't seen it.)

*Man..! I can hardly believe it's been almost 50 years since I saw him first in Robinson Crusoe on Mars.*

I just watched the film in June as Vic Lundin who played Friday passed away June 29. I was actually going to watch it this past weekend with my grandchildren as I just got in a Blu Ray copy, but we had to postpone the visit until this coming weekend.

You don't want to know how many times I've seen this film. I had the poster on my wall when I was a teen. I've taken others to revivals of it through the years and I've never had one person claim that they didn't like it.

>I just watched the film in June as Vic Lundin who played

> Friday passed away June 29.

Crimey! That's the first I've heard of that. I hope your grandchildren will

enjoy it as much as we did.. do!

Rest in Peace Victor

clore wrote:

You don't want to know how many times I've seen this film.

Oh, yes I do as I thought I had the record. I stumbled on this little gem one Sunday afternoon in 1972 and was hooked for life. I've recommended it to many; while some laughed it off a lot more have thanked me.

I have also read some of Mr. Mantee's magazine articles about the business and enjoyed his ability to relate his knowledge so clearly. He seems to have had a very full life and left quite a legacy. What more can a person do?

I have a head start on you - I saw it for the first time back in August 1964 and saw it twice more before the summer ended. Before the decade ended, I saw it about six more times on a big screen and twice on TV. It's my favorite sci-fi film of the 60s and I honestly believe that it would have been much more successful had it come out in 1968, by which time sci-fi wasn't dismissed as kiddie fare since *Star Trek, Fantastic Voyage, Planet of the Apes* and *2001* had raised the bar a bit.

Here are some links to Mantee columns for The Malibu Times:

http://www.malibutimes.com/life_and_arts/article_2badb0d7-e133-59b6-b263-52ff85db24d0.html

http://www.malibutimes.org/malibu_life/article_f578f372-8128-5e97-9fb0-87bb1cb506e0.html

http://www.malibutimes.com/editorial/opinion/article_6103bbc0-5fe4-52c2-8f53-e3802dce69de.html