Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gravity (or the lack of it)

chaney7

I haven't seen any postings on this so I'm starting one. I heard all the raves about it and saw it about 2 weeks ago. Brother, I may be a cynic or maybe I'm just bored with CGI but this thing was a real sleeper to me. Figures. If I don't like it every body else does. Got bored with Julia's rantings and jumping from space ship to space ship. Really bummed out by Clooney's early demise too. "Eeny, meany, miney, moe my foot. I'm surprised she didn't get an order of egg rolls and a quart of wanton soup after pressing all those buttons in the Chinese craft. I know I'll get killed on this but maybe I'm just not a Roberts fan.

I'm NOT kidding. It is still in the theaters in many places, AND even if it isn't you're still spoiling it for those that are waiting for it to come out on DVD etc....

It is an unwritten policy here that we say 'spoiler alert' before posting part of a plot to any movie (and note that the most of the movies we discuss at this forum haven't been in theaters for decades).

It is just the cool thing to do.

I loved "Gravity" especially worth seeing in 3D - beautiful visually, a great "struggle to survive" story, Bullock's character's back story added poignancy.

Unless you live in a smsll town btw hit movies can play for many, many weeks.

And it is definitely NOT cool to spoil the movie for those who have not seen the film, even if the movie IS gone from theatres. The phrase "Spoiler Alert" is used to preface your piece.

And frankly not even knowing if you saw Julia Roberts or Sandra Bullock is a hint you're a fairly inattentive filmgoer.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings