Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who Would You Marry? (Celebrity Wise)

BasilBruce

Everyone knows that in Hollywood long lasting, faithful marriages come few and far between. If you were given your pick who would you marry? What time of their lives would it be at? Would your marriage last long? Be happy? Would it be for looks, personality, or both? Would your marriage be one of the faithful few or a quick faithless one?

I'll start by saying Clint Walker circa 1957. He is tall rugged with pretty blue eyes. His quiet style and calm personality are a win. I think the marriage would last long, do to his track record. I've never heard of any infidelities, so I assume that wouldn't be prevelant

Charles Boyer, Louis Jourdan or Edward G. Robinson

If I were lesbian. Maybe Dorothy Lamour, Ann Blyth, or Nancy Kwan.

Not sure about Lamour but they all seem worldly and all are beautiful (Robinson not conventionally so but he was cute). They just seem like gentle people who'd take the marriage seriously.

In real life? Probably Joanne Woodward or Judy Davis.

But as a screen persona? Easy: Barbara Stanwyck. There's more depth to her infinite variety of screen characters than the next ten actresses put together. Though Ida Lupino wouldn't be that far behind.

Edited by: AndyM108 on Nov 13, 2013 11:59 PM

I've been quite attracted to Claire Bloom at times.

However, I don't know any actresses (or celebrities) well enough to know if I'd want to marry one.

There are fictional (mostly tv) characters played by them that I've seen enough of to fantasize such. I'd marry nurse Carol Hathaway, as played by actress Julianna Margulies from 1994-2000, in a heartbeat.

I dont know if im going.about this the right way, becuase i would never choose a wife in real life like this, but.....knowing what i know, i would go for some of the troubled.besuties, those that had problems with husbands, career,.and,/or self esteem...but seemed to be good people overall....Jean Harlow, Linda Darnell, Rita Hayworth or Marilyn Monroe. I dont know if i could have made a difference in their lives, but .....

Well fhe beauty of hindsight here is that i would know to get her away from living with her mother, and the influence of Mama Jean Bello, who kept her daughter from seeking medical care due fo her Christisn Science beliefs. This is why William Powell had such grief and sencse.of guilt, because he didnt marry and take Jean away when he had the chance.

Tyrone Power for the honeymoon. Burt Lancaster, perfect in all ways.

Melvyn Douglas always seemed funny and good natured. Jack Lemmon (in his non alcoholic days) for his intelligence. Mel Brooks for laughs, and I admire Kirk Douglas so much not just for the longevity of his marriage, but for his tireless humanitarian efforts. James Garner for all the reasons above, and he's been married to the same woman for over 50 years.

So you would want to be like women who marry bad boys; Hey, I'm going fix them!

While I'm sure your intent is good, I wouldn't want to go that route.

As for me? Well this thread really is just another ?who is the best looking one?, since none of us know what it really would be like to be married to any of these stars. At best we only have surface knowledge into their personality (expect maybe for some here that really knew some of these stars).

The question of who one would like to sleep with verses who one would like to be married is very different. Sadly too many people find this out the hard way!

As for me? Well this thread really is just another ?who is the best looking one?, since none of us know what it really would be like to be married to any of these stars.

True, but the reason I'd named Joanne Woodward and Judy Davis is in part because both of those women had (or have) a long-running first marriage without any need for a do-over. So at least there's that to go on. If Barbara Stanwyck's real life persona had matched some of her less black widow spiderish screen roles, I might have gone for her instead, but that didn't seem to be the case.

It is difficult for me to imagine that I would marry any movie star. It is a deeply rooted part of who I am that I be the gorgeous one in the relationship. :)

I have a long list of actors who I would love to have shared a fling:

Steve McQueen

Sean Connery

Fredric March

Robert Montgomery

David Niven

and many, many others.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings