Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WHAT MOVIE PROP WOULD YOU CHERISH?

If you could choose 5 movie props from any film, what would they be -- and why?

My choices:

Jeanette MacDonald's glorious LES FILLES DE CADIZ gown from MAYTIME - a sumputous Adrian confection. When Jeanette worn this exquisite number she didn't walk, she F-L-O-A-T-E-D! Talk about poetry in motion!

Norma Shearer's exquisite Juliet cap from ROMEO AND JULIET. It just seemed the crowning touch.

Ronald Colman's coat from LOST HORIZON..I just like the way he wore it!

Greer Garson's locket from BLOSSOMS IN THE DUST. I love this film and the locket would be a perfect momento.

Harpo Marx's harp! What a comic genius. Who'd ever think a harp could evoke such magic and merriment?

Happy wishing everyone!

I love Vivien Leigh's wardrobe in Gone With The Wind, especially the red dress she wears to Ashley's birthday party. I liked it so much that I bought the Barbie doll dressed like that. That's not really a prop but it's something from a movie that I'd like to own, although I know if it still exists there's no way I could afford it.

There are so many to choose from, but if I had 5 to pick. 1.) The portrait of Gene Tierney from Laura. 2.) The portrait of Vivien Leigh(in the blue velvet dress) from Gone with the Wind. 3.) Dorothy's red shoes from the Wizard of Oz(I know they were recently sold at auction-wish I had the money!). 4.) The good luck charm/necklace Vivien Leigh gave to Robert Taylor in Waterloo Bridge. 5.) Any sword used in any of the great swashbuckling movies(especially if it was used by Flynn, Powers or Rathbone!). Although, I must say I wouldn't mind having the chariot that Charleton Heston was driving in Ben Hur! I guess I selected these 5 because they always caught my eye and are from some of my all-time favorite movies.

1)snow globe from "Citizen Kane" 2) The Maltese Falcon

3)The letters of transit(casablanca)They may come in handy...

4)Winchester Rifle in "winchester 73" and 5) the jewelled dagger from "Topkapi"

What a great question, Erzbet and there are so many good answers already, all of which I would like to own also.

So I'll go with some different ones and pick...Moira Shearer's red shoes in "The Red Shoes", the mirror that Barbara Bates looks into in "All About Eve" at the end of the film, that yellow hot rod driven by Paul Le Mat in "American Graffiti", the snow globe, not from CK but the one that Rhoda Penmark had in "The Bad Seed" that she got from pushing her the old neighbor down the steps to her death, and Vampira's fab dress and wig from "Plan Nine From Outer Space".

I'm with Brackenhe and Viv's red dress in GWTW. I'd also love to have Lana Turner's blue dress from "Imitation of Life". I'd pretty much want anything Lana wore in a film!

I'd also love to get my hands on:

One of Akira Kurosawa's samauri costumes

One of Valentino's Shiek costumes

Any of Ray Harryhausen's miniatures

And Sonny Crocket's Ferrari Daytona Spyder :o

The broach Charles Boyer gives Ingrid Bergman in Gaslight. The shawl from Love Affair that Irene Dunne wears at the end. The bottle that was stuck on Doris Day's toe in That Touch Of Mink ( Cary Grant pops it off :) ) The fake Cillini Venus from To Steal A Million that Peter O'Toole and Audrey Hepburn have. I could think of a million others, but that will have to suffice!

I would cherish any movie prop from any Jimmy Stewart film, as he is my all time favorite. Especially the rifle from Winchester '73 or Carbine Williams,the portrait of him and Harvey in Harvey or the Old Chichonya (sp?) cigarette case from Shop Around The Corner. Next, it would have to be John Wayne's eye patch and the silver watch and cahin his men give him in She Wore A Yellow Ribbon. It is said that John Wayne was so strong he could bend a silver dollar with one hand. I would love one of those silver dollars. That would be wicked cool!! Lastly, I think it would be so cool to own Steve McQueens baseball glove and mitt from The Great Escape. Gosh, it is so hard just picking 5 ...I just couldn't lol =)

Jalanna

Well, many have been said already - the letters of transit from Casablanca, "anything" worn by Vivian Leigh from GWTW, not necessarily the red dress, I quite like the picnic dress but anything would be nice. Of course, the Kain snow globe or the Maltese Falcon.

But to be different, as well, almost anything that had to do with Claude Rains - his inspector cap from Casablanca, or - although I haven't seen this movie yet, unfortunately, IF he wore a cape as his portrail of the Phantom of the Opera, I would love to have that. I adore Claude Rains and often imagine him as being a wonderful father. I didn't have a good father and have imagined what it would have been like to have a father as I imagine him to have been. Soapy? Yeh, but - - - :-)

One prop for sure I would like to have is the magnificent portrait of Bette Davis that was displayed in the movie "Mr. Skeffington".

And perhaps the blue gem of the ocean from "Titanic". Yeah, sure.

Mongo