Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The coffee pot

twtpark

Also in westerns, the cowpokes have their coffee poured in those porcelain metal cups. I bought some of those to use when camping several years back. You CANNOT hold those cups once HOT, fresh coffee is poured in them. Not with bare fingers, anyway. Unless, of course, you were a MOBSTER, and wanted to burn off your fingerprints!

And notice, too, that nobody ever pours a full cup of coffee, and nobody really ever drinks it. Or only takes a few cursory sips.

Sepiatone

>And notice, too, that nobody ever pours a full cup of coffee, and nobody really ever drinks it. Or only takes a few cursory sips.

Exactly. Tea also. However, when alcohol is offered, it's almost always fully consumed - even in one, tilt your head back, slug.

Then.. when alcohol is added to coffee.. whoosh! - gone!

>Also in westerns, the cowpokes have their coffee poured in those porcelain metal cups. I bought some of those to use when camping several years back. You CANNOT hold those cups once HOT, fresh coffee is poured in them.

When I moved out to the Southwest, I bought one of those fancy cups at an old Western-style Indian trading post, and I discovered that not only can you not HOLD the cup while there is hot coffee in it, you can't drink the coffee either because the cup burns your lips. So, I've never used it. It's hanging on the wall in my kitchen. :)

Seein' as how Hibi always "loves" my references to Sedona AZ ;) , I'm gonna post a picture of a certain notable and famous red rock formation located here and which MIGHT be at least a LITTLE germane to this conversation!

coffee-pot-rock-by-arielle.jpg

(...sorry, couldn't resist)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings