Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kay Lenz / Unconventional Beauty

I just finished watching the Rich Man Poor Man miniseries. Kay Lenz was in the last two episodes as Tom Jordache's wife. Back in the 70's she was really hot, (yeah that sounds classy.) Years ago me and my friend in college were watching her on a Simon And Simon rerun late at night. We both thought she was beautiful but in an unconventional way. Later on we both added Jessica Harper, (Inserts, My Favorite Year, Susperia) to this list. Can anybody else out there mention more people who would have this kind of look. Another person I think who would fit this bill is a Diner era Ellen Barkin.

Ellen Barkin is a good choice. Her lopsided mouth really gets to me.

It should be noted that there is a similar thread in the YOUR FAVORITES section: Stars You Find Gorgeous But Aren't the Usual Suspects. I think you'll find a lot of unconventional beauties there.

Linda Purl was recently on the Office as Pam's Mother.

I saw Kay Lenz in TNT's just cancelled Southland almost three years ago, (Feb 2011) as a lush who witnessed a crime, (or so we think.) She was also on the original CSI as Sarah Sidell's mother.

Linda was in a movie with Heather Locklear about a woman whose career is being sabotaged by an envious co-worker. The surprise was that Linda played the saboteur and it was fun seeing Heather's character get what she usually dished out in her other roles. This lady was attractive and a very good actress; when she was on I watched.

Never understood the Kay Lenz appeal. Awful looking teeth. Gene's overbite worked, never thought Kay's did.I remember when Rich Man Poor Man was getting a lot of attention. Kay and David Cassidy were dating at that time. A lot of publicity about that. They married the following year and divorced a few years later. Kay never remarried guys, so she may be available LOL.

As far as Ellen Barkin goes, great looking, sexy gal. That appeal to guys I can understand.

> Never understood the Kay Lenz appeal

In my case, it was a "girl next door" sort of vibe. More guys can probably recall once knowing, or knowing OF a girl from their high school days that resembled Ms. Lenz. I knew of a few.

In contrast, I never understood BARKIN'S appeal. At least not from the neck up.

Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.

Sepiatone

>lavenderblue19 wrote: Never understood the Kay Lenz appeal

If you'd ever seen Clint Eastwood's "Breezy" or Rod Stewart's music video for "Infatuation," you'd have to agree that Kay Lenz was ultrahot during her prime.

I'm glad you like her. What can I say, I'm not a guy, that's from a woman's perspective. Re-watching Rich Man Poor Man I thought she was miscast, and to be honest not all that. Hey like I said she never remarried after her marriage to David Cassidy, she's still available, go for it!

>lavenderblue19 wrote: Hey like I said she never remarried after her marriage to David Cassidy, she's still available, go for it!

Uh, how do I say this delicately? She's 60 years old, and she hasn't aged well. Cassidy's lookalike daughter Katie, who stars in "Arrow" on The CW, is more to my liking these days.

One of the staples of the CW is that all the actors are impossibly beautiful. I actually think the Girl who plays Oliver Queen's sister, (Willa Holland) is the most attractive girl on the show. The closest think to quirky beauty is Emily Bette Rickards as Felicity Smoak, The assistant / cyber hacker, (the one with the glasses who talks alot.)

Katie Cassidy was born in 1986, two years after Kay Lenz and her father divorced. I don't know if they have any type of relationship.

Kay at her most attractive was the 1973 movie made-for-tv called "A Summer Without Boys". Just lovely - young, tanned, clean, innocent. Easy to fall in love with. I never felt that again in any of her subsequent roles - but that one was the one that made a lasting impression on me.

I don't think womens' opinions about the beauty of other women is ever really relevant. Except for homosexuals, only mens' opinions about feminine beauty have any practical application.

Just like it is going the other way - it doesn't matter a whit what I think about another man's looks, it's womanly opinion that matters.

Doubt casting directors and anyone else in a position for hiring models. actors and actressess, would agree that their opinion is not relevant when it comes to judging the appeal of a person of the same sex. A person certainly can be hetrosexual and still understand what type of look will be appealing.I do think women can see the beauty and appeal factor in other woman and still be straight and the same goes for men.

>sfpcc1 wrote: Katie Cassidy was born in 1986, two years after Kay Lenz and her father divorced. I don't know if they have any type of relationship.

I'm sure there were periods of estrangement because David Cassidy had an off-and-on relationship with Katie's mother and never married her. But I remember when Cassidy was competing on NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice" a couple of years ago, Katie showed up to support him on a project. There seemed to be a lot of affection between them.

It is sadly true, while Kay was a cutie in her prime, she HASN'T aged well. Two others I can think of are Tess Harper and Teri Garr.

One could argue that most people, men or women, usually don't age well, but then someone else would throw Sophia Loren or Raquel Welch in our faces( which I wouldn't really object to!).

Sepiatone

Yeah Lavender, I gotta say I ALSO disagree with dark's contention here, though maybe in more of a reverse manner.

I mean I'M a straight guy, but I STILL know that Anthony Weiner is one ugly dude!

(...and thus STILL wish to express my ongoing "theory" around here that THAT'S the REAL reason he sent out pictures of his **** instead of his FACE, realizing as he did that THAT was the most photogenic part of his anatomy!!!)

LOL

But my point is that it's irrelevant whether a woman thinks another woman is attractive or whether a man thinks another man is attractive.

If men don't think a woman is attractive, every woman on earth can think she is and it won't make one bit of difference to the men. Same going the other way.

So it matters nothing at all if lavender doesn't get why Kay is attractive to men - it's irrelevant because in the realm of attraction and mating, only what men think about a women's attractiveness matters. Same going the other way.

Well I don't think it matters, one way or the other, what either men or women have to say about someone else as it relates to 'in the realm of attraction and mating".

E.g. I don't find Kay Lenz to be beautiful, and the fact some men here do, doesn?t have any impact on my perception of her any more so than my opinion should have any impact on how they perceive her.