Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gonna tie her up and ............................................

roverrocks

I'm going to tie my wife up tonight with her eyelids glued open and make her watch "My Man Godfrey" so if you read of a mad woman chewing through thick ropes in front of a TV and murdering her poor husband (who means well!! really) with the TV remote and probably the TV itself then you will know my fate. Destiny and fate and maybe extensive blood loss await me in a few hours. My duty is clear however no matter whats dark fate is in store for me tonight!!

You have to further explain why your wife is so resistant to seeing this film, a great classic screwball comedy and one of my very top favorite films of all time (you might guess at another favorite of mine is). If she still has this attitude after watching My Man Godfrey tonight I might suggest giving her the "Tommy Udo" treatment :D

Yes, the reluctance merits explanation - is she anti-Lombard? Anti-The genre - screwball comedy? Anti- Old movies on TCM in general? If it's the latter your relationship may be hopeless and I recommend immediate divorce proceedings - irreconcilable differences!

My good wife just does not like movies much be they old, new, or in-between. Much prefers watching sports or attending church meetings or practicing her piano/organ. Busiest person I have ever seen BUT I just received an e-mail from her at work that she will voluntarily watch My Man Godfrey. Just getting her to start watching an old classic is the hard part. She gets tired of my"admiration" of fascinating actresses like Lombard. She does not get overjoyed by watching the handsome Gables, Bogarts, Powells, and Grants like I think she should. She just has different fanatical interests than my own fanaticism of Golden Movies. To each their own I guess but I keep trying to educate her to the glories of old time Hollywood.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings