Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1st annual Thanksgiving joke!

Sepiatone

For several years on another forum, I'd repeat this joke about Thanksgiving with, of course, apologies to Gilbert Shelton, who envisioned the events in "The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers".

Thought I might as well start it here, too. Some of you might know it. This is for those of you who don't.

A man and his wife were discussing a Thanksgiving dinner they had just had, when the man said, "These dinners are good, but one year I'd like to try having a FRESH turkey, not the ones that were frozen solid for God knows how long."

His wife agreed, and so early the next year, he built a pen in his backyard, went to a turkey farm and bought a live turkey. After getting instructions on what to feed it to fatten it up, he set about the task of getting it ready for the next Thanksgiving, just 10 months away.

After all that time of fattening the turkey up, the day came when he would take it behing the garage, chop off it's head and pluck off all the feathers. After having done so, his wife had him hand it over to her, claiming, "I'll take care of the rest."

After the Thanksgiving feast, while leaning back in his chair with trousers undone, and looking over the well cleaned carcass of the bird, the man said, "Wow! THAT was the best tasting turkey I ever had. You did a great job, honey."

His wife thanked him, but said the fresh bird may have had something to do with the flavor. "Maybe it did," claimed the man, "but it was great no matter. And that stuffing! Never had any like that before. What did you stuff the turkey with?" His wife asked him what he was talking about. "The STUFFING!" he exclaimed. "What was that unusual STUFFING you used in the turkey?"

"I didn't HAVE to stuff it", she said.

"It WASN'T EMPTY!"

Sepiatone

Is that the guy who invented the Turducken? :)

turducken3.jpg

Someone fixed a turkey in a different manner where I work last week. She used onions and apples to stuff it. Quite different.

Speaking of *stuff* turkey, here's a nice cartoon about a turkey that won't diet. Lol!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings