Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MR. 880 on Tonight 8 pm 11-20-13


FredCDobbs
 Share

Recommended Posts

This film was such a hit, and Edmund Gwenn was such a hit playing the opposite of Kris Kringle, that Fox referenced it in advertising for one of his next pictures at the studio-- SOMETHING FOR THE BIRDS, which was headlined by Victor Mature and Patricia Neal.

 

Mr. 880 is back and he's 881 times funnier... says the ad below:

 

poster.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And sooo... after all these years of being told crime does not pay, I see here that it does; quite nicely (re: the true story this is based on).

 

And to think I could'a done the same thing lo those many years ago and be wonderfully retired on the royalties of my book at this very moment. Dang!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw this when I was about 8 or 9 years old. It is an adult oriented film, but it tells a simple story that I could understand. I remembered it all my life and didn't see it again until a few years ago on the Fox Channel. I had forgotten the name of it. I'm glad TCM finally has it now. :) Yay TCM!

 

Fox should just turn over ALL of its old classic films to TCM. The Fox channel isn't worth the extra cost, since it shows so few old films and and I don't care for the newer Fox films.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fox should just turn over ALL of its old classic films to TCM. The Fox channel isn't worth the extra cost, since it shows so few old films and and I don't care for the newer Fox films.

 

Or maybe Fox could test the waters by just turning over all their noirs. ;)Thieves' Highway, Laura, I Wake Up Screaming, etc., etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

>Or maybe Fox could test the waters by just turning over all their noirs. Thieves' Highway, Laura, I Wake Up Screaming, etc., etc.

 

Sounds ok to me. In fact, I've enjoyed the Fox movies shown on TCM for the first time during the past few months. Laura belongs on TCM, not Fox.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you are going to start your own company: DCM. Dobbs Classic Movies. It will only play sound films from 1930 to 1949. About 75% will be in black-and-white and the other 25% will be in glorious Technicolor. And they will all be classics, none of this new stuff.

 

:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Andy:

 

Careful what.yoi wish for.....they may test the waters, but with Osbornes tastes. If some of the Bobs Picks are any indication, Fox may loan TCM only their musicals starring Alice Faye, Betty Grable and Vivian Blaine, and then only those set in the 1890s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

*It's LISTED as a comedy (though I might argue). If it is, this may be Burt's only starring role in a comedy.*

 

There's always

 

The Devil's Disciple

The Hallelujah Trail (about as funny as a crutch though)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...