George Burns and Gracie Allen-- 2 sponsors

The Lawrence Welk Show-- 2 sponsors

I Love Lucy - - 1 sponsor

My Three Sons - - 1st sponsor

An Evening with Fred Astaire-- 1 sponsor

I've Got a Secret -- 1 sponsor

Phil Silvers/ Bilko-- 1 sponsor

Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour--1 sponsor

Please answer each question in its entirety and if you know additional sponsors, please feel free to name them.

Didn't MacMurray come on and say, "Welcone to our show for Chevrolet"?

Classic TV Sponsors--

George Burns and Gracie Allen-- 2 sponsors

The Lawrence Welk Show-- 2 sponsors

I Love Lucy - - 1 sponsor

My Three Sons - - 1st sponsor

An Evening with Fred Astaire-- 1 sponsor

I've Got a Secret -- 1 sponsor

Phil Silvers/ Bilko-- 1 sponsor

Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour--1 sponsor

Please answer each question in its entirety and if you know additional sponsors, please feel free to name them.

Hint#1: In the 1950s many TV shows were sponsored by a product that today is against the law to use as a TV series sponsor.

Because I've been watching a few of them lately, I know the first sponsor of George Burns and Gracie Allen was Carnation--they mention the stuff (evaporated milk) in every episode

I Love Lucy--one of the sponsors was Phillip Morris

Phil Silvers--Camel cigarettes (?)

My Three Sons--I know Quaker was a sponsor, but I'm not sure it was the first

• Like 1

I agree with the sponsors that shutoo named and I think I can add some to the list.

Some long running shows had several sponsors over the years.  I believe that in addition to Carnation Evaporated Milk, "Burns And Allen" also had B.F. Goodrich as a sponsor.

"Lawrence Welk" had Geritol and Dodge.

"An Evening With Fred Astaire" was not a series, but a special.  The sponsor was Chrysler Corporation.

"I've Got A Secret" had Winston cigarettes.

"The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour" had General Mills, makers of Cheerios and Betty Crocker Cake Mixes.

Here are some commercials from "My Three Sons".

Princess, if you had asked for sponsors of some cowboy shows, I would have answered a lot faster.

• Like 1

I agree with the sponsors that shutoo named and I think I can add some to the list.

Some long running shows had several sponsors over the years.  I believe that in addition to Carnation Evaporated Milk, "Burns And Allen" also had B.F. Goodrich as a sponsor.

"Lawrence Welk" had Geritol and Dodge.

"An Evening With Fred Astaire" was not a series, but a special.  The sponsor was Chrysler Corporation.

"I've Got A Secret" had Winston cigarettes.

"The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour" had General Mills, makers of Cheerios and Betty Crocker Cake Mixes.

Here are some commercials from "My Three Sons".

Princess, if you had asked for sponsors of some cowboy shows, I would have answered a lot faster.

Chevrolet was NOT a sponsor of "My Three Sons"?

Chevrolet was NOT a sponsor of "My Three Sons"?

They had several car sponsors over the years.  Here is what I found on IMDB.

In the first years 1960 - 1964 Chevrolet was the sponsor and different models were shown throughout each show. Steve Douglas had a 1961 Impala station wagon for the first year. The ending credits also showed Chevrolet photographs which were used in the print ads of the time. In 1964 - 1970 Pontiac was the most noted car sponsor, where Steve had various blue Pontiac Bonneville station wagons while Robbie drove a 1954 Pontiac Star Chief convertible, occasionally nicknamed the "old coffee grinder" by his classmates. In 1970 - 1972, Ford Lincoln Mercury was the sponsor, and Steve had a Mercury Marquis station wagon.

So yes, Chevrolet was a sponsor at one time.

They had several car sponsors over the years.  Here is what I found on IMDB.

In the first years 1960 - 1964 Chevrolet was the sponsor and different models were shown throughout each show. Steve Douglas had a 1961 Impala station wagon for the first year. The ending credits also showed Chevrolet photographs which were used in the print ads of the time. In 1964 - 1970 Pontiac was the most noted car sponsor, where Steve had various blue Pontiac Bonneville station wagons while Robbie drove a 1954 Pontiac Star Chief convertible, occasionally nicknamed the "old coffee grinder" by his classmates. In 1970 - 1972, Ford Lincoln Mercury was the sponsor, and Steve had a Mercury Marquis station wagon.

So yes, Chevrolet was a sponsor at one time.

Whew.

I think Miles got most of them right. But Shutoo was up first.

However you 2 guys Want to divie it up.

Westinghouse with the sponsor of The Lucy Desi Comedy Hour and the corresponding Desilu Playhouse.

(Yes, Fra--Chevrolet was the first sponsor of My Three Sons.)

Shutoo-- you got the cigarettes sponsors right for I Love Lucy and Bilko and Burns and Allen Carnation evaporated milk.

If shutoo doesn't mind, I'll try one.  When Ricky Nelson started singing at school dances and other functions on his parents' TV show, he had four young men who were his backup singers.  They were Ricky's backup group for four years.  They were an actual group that had many recordings on their own, including some hits.  Can you name the group and at least one of their hit songs?  

If shutoo doesn't mind, I'll try one.  When Ricky Nelson started singing at school dances and other functions on his parents' TV show, he had four young men who were his backup singers.  They were Ricky's backup group for four years.  They were an actual group that had many recordings on their own, including some hits.  Can you name the group and at least one of their hit songs?  

The Four Preps? "26 Miles"?

• Like 1

Very good, DGF.  Yes, The Four Preps backed up Ricky Nelson from about 1957 to about 1960.  The lead singer, Bruce Belland, was one of the composers of "26 Miles".  They also had hits with "Down By The Station" and "Big Man".  After 60 years, Belland is still with the group.  The other original members have all passed away and have been replaced by younger singers.  Here is a clip featuring two of their songs.  See if you can recognize the old-timer with the beard.

DGF, It's now your turn. 

• Like 1

Very good, DGF.  Yes, The Four Preps backed up Ricky Nelson from about 1957 to about 1960.  The lead singer, Bruce Belland, was one of the composers of "26 Miles".  They also had hits with "Down By The Station" and "Big Man".  After 60 years, Belland is still with the group.  The other original members have all passed away and have been replaced by younger singers.  Here is a clip featuring two of their songs.  See if you can recognize the old-timer with the beard.

DGF, It's now your turn. 

Next: Rockabilly is a major sub-genre of rock and roll. Most rockabilly singers are from poor, Southern rural backgrounds. This well-known singer, who was often placed in the rockabilly category came from a background that was anything but poor, Southern or rural. Who?

This TV actress sang on television and recorded some albums. The classic TV show that she co-starred in was not a musical- variety program.

Before becoming a regular on this TV series, she had been successful as an actress in several top "A" movies with 3 of Hollywood's biggest male stars.

When you identify this actress and her TV show series, please name at least one of her classic films and its male movie star.

This TV actress sang on television and recorded some albums. The classic TV show that she co-starred in was not a musical- variety program.

Before becoming a regular on this TV series, she had been successful as an actress in several top "A" movies with 3 of Hollywood's biggest male stars.

When you identify this actress and her TV show series, please name at least one of her classic films and its male movie star.

Hint?

A guess--Shirley Jones was on The Partridge Family;  appeared in Oklahoma!, The Music Man, Elmer Gantry​ (with Burt Lancaster)

edit--just refreshed the page and saw the husband clue, which means I was wrong (Jack Cassidy doesn't fit)...whoops...

Princess, what kind of TV show was it? Drama, western, sci-fi, adventure, game show? When was it on? Late fifties, early sixties, mid seventies? These hints may help narrow things down.

(I don't consider the seventies to be part of classic TV. We would have to get into a philosophical discussion here - - maybe the seventies would be neo-classic.)

So classic TV for me is strictly going to be in the 50s and 60s. For this particular drama series--it started in the late fifties and continued into the early 60s.