Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it Lola Albright. She payed a singer on "Peter Gunn".. She was in "Champion" with Kirk Douglas, "The Tender Trap" with Frank Sinatra, and "Kid Galahad" with Elvis. She was married at one time to Jack Carson.

"The Brothers Go To Mother's" just to see Lola.

Miles, it's all yours--

Thanks, Princess.  The last clues helped a lot.  Now, another actress from the same time period sang as a regular cast member on a popular TV series that was also considered a drama.   Although she had been in a couple of movies prior to the TV series, the series served to launch a successful movie career in the sixties.  She also had some famous husbands.  Who is she and what was her TV show where she sang?      

This actress had over a dozen film credits before a regular role on a popular 50s sitcom.  Her first husband, with an unusual name, became one of the most commercially successful producers in Hollywood (after their divorce).  You might not recognize her at first, she was never a 'star'...but you certainly know her sister.

Thanks.  Gloria Blondell was also the voice of Daisy Duck in Disney cartoons in the forties.

Now, as you know, Stanley Livingstone's younger brother Barry joined the cast of "My Three Sons".  Ronnie Howard's younger brother Clint had a recurring role on "The Andy Griffith Show".  There was another young sitcom star whose younger brother became an actor, but the younger brother did not appear on the older brother's show.  He did, however, become a regular cast member on an early sixties show about the editor of a small town newspaper.  That show only lasted one season.  The boy then appeared in a few movies, including a Disney film.  For a few years he guested on several TV shows, but by 1968, when he was a teen, his acting career was over.  Can you name this young actor and his one and only TV series?

Thanks.  Gloria Blondell was also the voice of Daisy Duck in Disney cartoons in the forties.

Now, as you know, Stanley Livingstone's younger brother Barry joined the cast of "My Three Sons".  Ronnie Howard's younger brother Clint had a recurring role on "The Andy Griffith Show".  There was another young sitcom star whose younger brother became an actor, but the younger brother did not appear on the older brother's show.  He did, however, become a regular cast member on an early sixties show about the editor of a small town newspaper.  That show only lasted one season.  The boy then appeared in a few movies, including a Disney film.  For a few years he guested on several TV shows, but by 1968, when he was a teen, his acting career was over.  Can you name this young actor and his one and only TV series?

Icabod and Me, Jimmy Matthers, He's Jerry Mathers brother ( Beaver). Jimmy was in the Disney film Summer Magic with Hayley

Mills  ???

Very good, Lav. He had a rather short acting career. Here he is with George Chandler and Robert Sterling in "Ichabod And Me".

ichabodandme.jpg

Lavender, you get to go next.

Miles, I thought I was the only fan of this forgotten show. I think it lasted one season, but I really ejoyed it. Thanks for the memory!

LAV, is still up next--

Thanks Miles  :)

This pretty actress played the girlfriend of one the characters in a few of the episodes of a long running sit com and she was a regular, playing the daughter of the lead in another long running sit com, Both tv shows were in the 1960's. Actress and the 2 tv shows ???

I can only think of Elinor Donahue.  She played Andy Griffith's girl friend in the first year of his show.  A few years later, she played the married daughter of John McGiver in "Many Happy Returns", although that show was not long running.  Of course, she played the daughter of Robert Young in "Father Knows Best", but that was a fifties show.

Maybe it's Jeannine Riley?  She was Billie Jo for a few seasons of ​Petticoat Junction, and had a couple credits on The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet in the early 60s....and she's blonde...?

Maybe it's Jeannine Riley?  She was Billie Jo for a few seasons of ​Petticoat Junction, and had a couple credits on The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet in the early 60s....and she's blonde...?

sorry, not her , not the shows. The actress I'm thinking about appeared as the girlfriend in more than a few ( at least 5 or more)episodes and had the same character name when she played the sons girlfriend and yes she is a blonde.

clue- the actresses character had a younger brother in the tv comedy when she played the daughter 

My memory is not so good on this one, but here goes.  Candy Moore appeared as Paul Peterson's girlfriend on several episodes of "The Donna Reed Show" in the early sixties.  Candy Moore showed up as a regular on "The Lucy Show" shortly thereafter playing Lucy's daughter, Chris Carmichael.  There was also a younger brother, Jerry.  I checked IMDB and "The Lucy Show" ran from 1962 to 1968, but both youngsters left after 1965.  Vivian Vance  played Lucy's friend, Vivian Bagley.    I don't remember Vivian Vance having a son living with them.  If she did, what was his name?  

My memory is not so good on this one, but here goes.  Candy Moore appeared as Paul Peterson's girlfriend on several episodes of "The Donna Reed Show" in the early sixties.  Candy Moore showed up as a regular on "The Lucy Show" shortly thereafter playing Lucy's daughter, Chris Carmichael.  There was also a younger brother, Jerry.  I checked IMDB and "The Lucy Show" ran from 1962 to 1968, but both youngsters left after 1965.  Vivian Vance  played Lucy's friend, Vivian Bagley.    I don't remember Vivian Vance having a son living with them.  If she did, what was his name?  

CANDY MOORE and THE LUCY SHOW is correct.

the actor you are asking about is Ralph Hart and the character he played as Vivian Vance's son was Sherman Bagley. There are photos of all of them together from  The Lucy Show on imdb. As a favor Miles, please post a photo of Candy Moore, so that everyone will recognize this actress who showed up often on tv in the '60's. Candy and the 2 that played Lucy and Vivian's boys left after being on the show for the 3 years, Vivian stayed on. Good work and if you can please post Candy Moore's photo for me, Thanks and it's your thread

In the early sixties, CBS had a summer replacement series for a couple of years that consisted of pilot films, that is, audition films for proposed shows.  Some had sold and others had not.  They showed the pilot for "The Dick Van Dyke Show" that had starred Carl Reiner as Rob and Barbara Britton as Laura.  It was sold after it was recast.  Candy Moore starred in one before she was on "The Lucy Show".  It was a sitcom that featured a former Disney star and a one time MGM character actress.  Do you know the name of this unsold pilot.  Can you name the stars?

In the early sixties, CBS had a summer replacement series for a couple of years that consisted of pilot films, that is, audition films for proposed shows.  Some had sold and others had not.  They showed the pilot for "The Dick Van Dyke Show" that had starred Carl Reiner as Rob and Barbara Britton as Laura.  It was sold after it was recast.  Candy Moore starred in one before she was on "The Lucy Show".  It was a sitcom that featured a former Disney star and a one time MGM character actress.  Do you know the name of this unsold pilot.  Can you name the stars?

The umbrella show was The Comedy Spot. The pilot with Candy Moore was Time Out for Ginger. The cast also included Margaret Hayes, Karl Swenson, Roberta Shore and Margaret Hamilton.

Watch it here!

That's the one, Lawrence.  If everyone would watch the clip that Lawrence provided, I think they will see why the show never sold.  That kid would drive you crazy.  By the way, the boy who asks Ginger to play baseball was played by Rickie Sorensen.  He played Boy in a couple of Tarzan movies with Gordon Scott.  It's your turn now, Lawrence.

• Like 1

Along the same lines as Miles's last question, there was another failed pilot shown on that same summer series that featured a small girl as the main character. Among the cast were two future Oscar winners, one of whom would become one of the biggest stars of the last 48 years. This series was said to be inspired by a cartoon series, which itself was inspired by a comic strip. All three properties shared one word in their titles in common.

Name the show, the two future Oscar winners, and, if you can, the cartoon and comic strip that inspired it.