Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thanks lavenderblue19..I only discovered The Goldbergs​ more recently on YouTube

This is sort of an open question:  I can think of six sitcoms from the 50's-60's that starred real-life married couples portraying  on-screen couples...can you name the six, and perhaps some I've missed?

1. Lucy and Desi - - I Love Lucy

2. George Burns and Gracie Allen (Show)

3. Ida Lupino and Howard Duff--Mr. Adams and Eve

4. Robert Sterling and Anne Jeffreys--Love that Jill

5. Peter Lind Hayes and Mary Healy -- Peter Loves Mary

6. Ozzie Nelson and Harriet Hilliard Nelson--Ozzie and Harriet

That was fast!  Princess of Tap came up with six...and two weren't on my list!

3.  I forgot that Ida Lupino and Howard Duff did a sitcom!

4.  Love That Jill​--this one's new to me

I had two others in mind...one in the 50's, one early 60's...any guesses? or additions?

1. Lucy and Desi - - I Love Lucy

2. George Burns and Gracie Allen (Show)

3. Ida Lupino and Howard Duff--Mr. Adams and Eve

4. Robert Sterling and Anne Jeffreys--Love that Jill

5. Peter Lind Hayes and Mary Healy -- Peter Loves Mary

6. Ozzie Nelson and Harriet Hilliard Nelson--Ozzie and Harriet

Shutoo--those are all the TV sitoms that I actually watched with couples. I don't know of any others.

That was fast!  Princess of Tap came up with six...and two weren't on my list!

3.  I forgot that Ida Lupino and Howard Duff did a sitcom!

4.  Love That Jill​--this one's new to me

I had two others in mind...one in the 50's, one early 60's...any guesses? or additions?

The Stu Irwin Show, Stu Irwin and June Collyer were married in real life and played husband and wife on the tv show ???

The Stu Irwin Show, Stu Irwin and June Collyer were married in real life and played husband and wife on the tv show ???

That was on my list!  Did you know June Collyer's brother was Bud Collyer--host of ​To Tell the Truth?

​My last one was from the late 60's (my earlier post of 'earlier' was incorrect..sorry)  if no one has any more to add, I'll post it later today

That was on my list!  Did you know June Collyer's brother was Bud Collyer--host of ​To Tell the Truth?

​My last one was from the late 60's (my earlier post of 'earlier' was incorrect..sorry)  if no one has any more to add, I'll post it later tod

Linda Henning and Mike Minor (Betty Jo and Steve) from Petticoat Junction ??? I had thought of them but the early '60's thru me. Those 2 were married in the late '60's

There was a sitcom in the 60's called "He And She".  It starred real life couple Richard Benjamin and Paula Prentiss.  It only lasted one season, but it won a prime time Emmy after it received a cancellation notice.

There was a sitcom in the 60's called "He And She".  It starred real life couple Richard Benjamin and Paula Prentiss.  It only lasted one season, but it won a prime time Emmy after it received a cancellation notice.

That's the one I was thinking of..and I actually remember seeing the show a couple of times.

Even though this was an 'open' question, the first answer of six came from Princess of Tap..your thread!

This Italian-American singing actress was the daughter of a jazz musician.

In classic TV she was the princess of all starlet actresses, eventually landing a featured role in a series.

When you identifiy her, you can also identify her TV series.

Could it be Connie Stevens?  She was born Concetta Ingoglia.  Her father was a musician named Peter Ingoglia.  He used the professional name of Teddy Stevens.  That's where Connie got her professional name from.  She, of course, played Cricket Blake on "Hawaiian Eye".

Here she is.

• Like 1

Yes, Miles--Connie Stevens was the Princess of the classic TV starlets.

Of all the actresses, I liked her turns with James Garner's Bret Maverick the best.

Now, as my old Pappy would say: "It's Miles' turn!"

And my old Pappy used to say "I bet Miles did it", whenever anything got broken.  

Now, Leslie Nielsen once starred as an historical figure in a mini-series made for Disney.  A young actor from "The Mickey Mouse Club" played his nephew, and a future TV spy played one of the enemy.  Can you name the mini-series, as well as those other two actors?  

And my old Pappy used to say "I bet Miles did it", whenever anything got broken.

Now, Leslie Nielsen once starred as an historical figure in a mini-series made for Disney. A young actor from "The Mickey Mouse Club" played his nephew, and a future TV spy played one of the enemy. Can you name the mini-series, as well as those other two actors?

I was a big Leslie Nielsen fan when he did this show; it was called Swamp Fox ---I used to sing the song.

that's all I can remember, so I had to cheat and look up the rest.

The Young nephew was Tim Considine, late of Spin and Marty. And the enemy was the beloved Patrick Macnee, who went on to TV immortality in The Avengers.

After Elvis was drafted, we ended up with a plethora of wanna be's.

Some could sing, and some could not. Some could act, and some could not.

But, I've got to admit, they were all pretty good looking!

For the record - - name at least 5 of these guys.

For each guy, we will need at least one hit record from the Top 40 and

one "A" movie credit where they were starred or featured. Also, obviously,

he had to sing at least one song in the movie.

This is an open-ended question, although I know I've got my 5 favorite guys.

I'll try a couple:

Fabian--sang If You Knew in ​North to Alaska ​(yes, I had to look that up..didn't remember it); hit record--​Turn Me Loose

Bobby Rydell--sang (but not solo) One Boy and ​A Lot of Living to Do in ​Bye Bye Birdie, hit record--Wild One

I'll try a couple:

Fabian--sang If You Knew in ​North to Alaska ​(yes, I had to look that up..didn't remember it); hit record--​Turn Me Loose

Bobby Rydell--sang (but not solo) One Boy and ​A Lot of Living to Do in ​Bye Bye Birdie, hit record--Wild One

Shutoo-- you got 2 good ones; all you need are 3 more.

***This question is still open and we need three more!***

BTW-- I bought both of those records. For Bobby Rydell, Volare was my

favorite.

After Elvis was drafted, we ended up with a plethora of wanna be's.

Some could sing, and some could not. Some could act, and some could not.

But, I've got to admit, they were all pretty good looking!

For the record - - name at least 5 of these guys.

For each guy, we will need at least one hit record from the Top 40 and

one "A" movie credit where they were starred or featured. Also, obviously,

he had to sing at least one song in the movie.

This is an open-ended question, although I know I've got my 5 favorite guys.

Bobby Darin, movie Come September he sang Multiplication,  top 40 hits -Splish Splash, Mack the Knife, Beyond the Sea, Dream Lover, etc

Frankie Avalon movie The Alamo, he sang Here's To the Ladies in the film, hit song Venus, Di Di Dinah

James Darren, movie Gidget, he sang the song in the film, top 40 hit Goodbye Cruel World

Bobby Darin, movie Come September he sang Multiplication, top 40 hits -Splish Splash, Mack the Knife, Beyond the Sea, Dream Lover, etc

Frankie Avalon movie The Alamo, he sang Here's To the Ladies in the film, hit song Venus, Di Di Dinah

James Darren, movie Gidget, he sang the song in the film, top 40 hit Goodbye Cruel World

Well, Lav-- You finished this question off.

I also stand guilty of having bought Frankie Avalon's record Venus and I also saw him in the movie Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

But the man who is really the great singer here is Bobby Darin. I also stand guilty of having bought the DVD Come September. Of course, I also own the wonderful CD the Greatest hits of Bobby Darin on AtCo, with Mack the Knife leading. BTW, Bobby's song "Multiplication" was not on that CD compilation. LOL

All those guys were a lot of fun and we only had two of the "Bobbys".

Shutoo, thanks for your 2 excellent contributions.

Lav, you picked up the majority of the question with three answers. Take it away--

Thanks Princess

Volare was also my favorite, ( and I still to this day Love the song and this version) I also had the record Venus and of course Bobby Darin's records.

next

This #1 recording beat out Stevie Wonder, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles and Elvis on the charts. There is a connection with a 1960's TV Show. The TV Show, the group and name of the song ???

edited by me

Here's a wild guess.  The hit song "Sugar, Sugar" was first introduced on an animated TV series called "The Archie Show", which was a cartoon version of "Archie" comic books.  It was recorded by a group of studio musicians.  They recorded the song for commercial release using the group name "The Archies".  The only 1940's connection that I can think of is that "Archie Comics" started in the early 1940's.  The publisher wanted to appeal to fans of the Andy Hardy movies of high school days in small town America.

It was the number 1 hit record of 1969.

Here's a wild guess.  The hit song "Sugar, Sugar" was first introduced on an animated TV series called "The Archie Show", which was a cartoon version of "Archie" comic books.  It was recorded by a group of studio musicians.  They recorded the song for commercial release using the group name "The Archies".  The only 1940's connection that I can think of is that "Archie Comics" started in the early 1940's.  The publisher wanted to appeal to fans of the Andy Hardy movies of high school days in small town America.

It was the number 1 hit record of 1969.

Correct on all counts. Sugar, Sugar was the #1 hit in 1969, the 1940's connection wa the Archie comic books when they were first introduced and the tv show was the cartoon show The Archie Show and yes studio musicians recorded the song and they called themselves The Archies. Good work Miles, your thread.