Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thanks Miles, I will never watch that episode again, way to scary for me LOL

I'm repeating my question here since it was posted on the previous page and this way you guys won't have to go back and forth.

next

This beautiful actress had a film career and also a tv career in classic mid 20th century tv shows. She had roles in 2 classic tv shows at the same time, one lasted longer than the other, both were comedies. The actress, the 2 tv shows ???

1 minute ago, MilesArcher said:

Could it be Hillary Brooke?  She was on "The Abbott And Costello Show" and "My Little Margie" during the same time period.  

Yes, it's Hilary Brooke, she was on The Abbott and Costello Show and she was Charles Farrell's girlfriend Roberta on My Little Margie. She hid her NY accent with a phony British accent in many of her movies. she was very beautiful, funny and intelligent. She also was in a few of the Sherlock Holmes movies. A lovely actress. Your thread Mr. Miles :)

Thanks, Lav.  Here is a similar situation.  There was another blonde actress who had a regular or recurring role on a long running sitcom and during that time period, she had a regular role on another sitcom.  The second sitcom was only on for a few years, but the first sitcom was long running.  So long, in fact that before it's run was over, she had a recurring role on yet another sitcom.  So that makes twice that she had roles on two sitcoms simultaneously.  Can you name the actress and all three of the TV series?  I'll give you a hint.  The first sitcom started in the fifties and ended in the sixties.   

37 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

Thanks, Lav.  Here is a similar situation.  There was another blonde actress who had a regular or recurring role on a long running sitcom and during that time period, she had a regular role on another sitcom.  The second sitcom was only on for a few years, but the first sitcom was long running.  So long, in fact that before it's run was over, she had a recurring role on yet another sitcom.  So that makes twice that she had roles on two sitcoms simultaneously.  Can you name the actress and all three of the TV series?  I'll give you a hint.  The first sitcom started in the fifties and ended in the sixties.   

Mary Jane Croft? she was on The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, she was the voice of Cleo the Dog on the People's Choice, she was on I Love Lucy and The Lucy Show ?????

• Like 1

You know, Lav, it's like you could read my mind.  Yes, Mary Jane Croft played Clara Randolph, neighbor to Ozzie and Harriet for many years.  During that time she also provided the voice for Cleo the basset hound on "The People's Choice" with Jackie Cooper.  She also found time to make several guest appearances on "I Love Lucy" as Lucy's friend, Betty Ramsey.  "The Adventures Of Ozzie And Harriet" ran from the mid-fifties until the mid-sixties.  In the early sixties, Mary Jane became a regular on "The Lucy Show" as Lucy's friend, Mary Jane Lewis.  She continued on "Here's Lucy" as Mary Jane although that show started after "Ozzie And Harriet" had ended their series.

Here's a typical episode of "Ozzie And Harriet" that features Mary Jane Croft.

https://archive.org/details/OzzieBox 

Nice work, Lavender.  I thought it would be tougher than it was.  It's your thread again.  

Thanks Miles, and yes after the 10 years you and I have been playing trivia together I can read your mind :D;)

next

This guy not only had a classic long running tv show, he was also a smart promoter and investor. One of his investments involved a very popular toy ( although adults used it too) and it's still sold today. Who was this smart guy, his tv show ( there was more than one)  and that popular toy ????

16 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

I recall Art Linkletter plugging the Hula Hoop.  I figured that he probably had a bit invested in it.

Image result for art linkletter hula hoop commercial 

There was "People Are Funny", "Art Linkletter's House Party", and "Kids Say The Darndest Things".

Art Linkletter is the one Miles. It seems that during the 50's and 60's he was always on tv. He lived a long life, went when he was 97 and had a very interesting life, however a lot of tragedy 3 out of his 5 kids all died young, very sad. Good work, your thread.

Let's see if we have any old timers who remember the sponsors of their favorite older shows.  Here are a group of sponsors products followed by a list of vintage TV shows that they sponsored.  Can you match the sponsor's product to the TV show?.

A.   Related image 

B.  Related image 

C.  Image result for post sugar crisp 

D.  Image result for kellogg's sugar pops vintage box 

E.  Image result for winston cigarettes vintage box 

F.  Image result for coca-cola vintage bottle adventures of kit carson 

G.  Image result for milk bone dog biscuits 1950's vintage box 

H.   

Image result for cheerios 1950's vintage box 

I.  Image result for lipton tea 1950's vintage box 

J.  Image result for pall mall cigarettes  1950's vintage box 

K.  Related image 

L.  Related image 

M.  Image result for sanka 1950's vintage photos 

N.  Related image 

O.  Image result for peter pan peanut butter 1950's vintage photos  

Here are the shows:

1.  The Andy Griffith Show

2.  Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts

3.  The Adventures Of Kit Carson

4.  The Adventures Of Rin Tin Tin

5.  Howdy Doody

6.  I Love Lucy

7.  I Married Joan

8.  I've Got A Secret

9.  Lassie

10.  The Lone Ranger

11.  M Squad

12.  The Roy Rogers Show

13.  Sky King

14.  The Adventures Of Wild Bill Hickock

15.  You Bet Your Life

Good luck!

2. For some reason, I associate Arthur Godfrey with Lipton tea

7. I Married Joan--GE

15. You Bet Your Life--De Soto (?)

(I'm pretty sure Sky King was a cereal..but I'm not sure which one it was..when I saw Sanka, I thought..The Goldbergs because in many episodes, she opened doing the promotion herself.  Thankfully, some of the old episodes we can still see also have the commercials--sometimes they're more entertaining)

Very good, Lavender.  We now have 12 of the 15.  We still need Roy Rogers, Kit Carson, and M Squad.  For those of you who need a reminder, Kit Carson was played by Bill Williams and M Squad was a police detective show that starred Lee Marvin.

Image result for bill williams as kit carson Image result for lee marvin  m squad 

There are also only three  sponsors left unchecked, so it should be getting easier.

Those are all correct, Lavender.  Back in the day, sometimes one sponsor was all that a show needed.  Now, the networks sell commercial time to anyone.  Back in the fifties, the stars of a show often did commercials for the sponsor, as well as appearing on the sponsor's product, such as Andy Devine on the cereal box. 

Image result for bill williams  kit carson 

Image result for roy rogers sugar crisp 

Image result for the lone ranger  cheerios 

Related image 

Image result for lucille ball philip morris cigarettes 

"The Adventures Of Superman" was at one time sponsored by Kellogg's.  George Reeves and some of the other stars did some commercials for the sponsor.

Noel Neill, who played Lois Lane, asked why she didn't get to do a commercial.  She was told that as a young single woman, it wouldn't look right if Lois were to have breakfast with a male co-worker.  Some folks might assume that they had been together all night. 

By my count, Princess got six, Lavender got six, and Shutoo got three.  Since Princess and Lavender don't post photos, the thread goes to Shutoo. 

51 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

By my count, Princess got six, Lavender got six, and Shutoo got three.  Since Princess and Lavender don't post photos, the thread goes to Shutoo.

Since retro trivia doesn't require pics, I think Princess and Lavenderblue should flip for the honor