Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DownGoesFrazier

Retro Trivia

Yes, we all know how anti-smoking you are, you're not the only one, but can we move this thread along. the question has been answered , why go on with it?Thanks

This one was 1 away from page 3. finance, please end this one and let Miles continue with his question, ps I went to the supermarket this morning, TRUE, DORAL and KENT and are also still sold besides L&M & Tareyton

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Mar 10, 2014 6:28 AM

I'll have one pack of each, please. You won't find Oasis, Old Gold, or King Sano, and maybe Viceroy....and you won't find HERBERT Tareyton.

Edited by: finance on Mar 10, 2014 9:34 AM

Finance, you asked for five. I gave you a longer list. On March 7th, I posted a link to this website:

http://www.vintageadbrowser.com/tobacco-ads-1950s/6

If you go to the top of the screen, you will see that there are 46 pages of ads just for the 1950's. Above those pages are links to every decade going back to the 1800's. Somewhere in there I think you will find at least five defunct brands, like Fatima and Spud.

Now, here is my new question again.

Here's one for all of the baby boomers here. The last segment of "The Mickey Mouse Club" was the Mousekartoon. The mouseketeers that introduced it sang a little ditty followed by a sort of incantation. Do you remember all of the words to both?

Please, no partial answers. If you remember part of it, sing it to yourself and you'll probably remember the whole thing.

Before the cartoon they stood before the cartoon vault and said

Time to twist our MousekeDial to the right and the left with a great big smile.

This is the way we get to see a Mouse Cartoon for you and me.

Meeska, Mooseka, Mouseketeer, Mouse cartoon time now is here.

This one is a lot easier to remember

Now it's time to say goodbye, to all our company

MIC- see you real soon

KEY- why because we like you

M-O-U-S-E

Thanks. I was a very little girl (pre-school) when the show was aired. My favorites on the show were when they would have episodes of Spin and Marty and Annette.

next

Throughout the 1950's and 1960's a game show that had famous celebrities playing a charade like game. Name the show?

Yes, Stump the Stars I use to LOVE that show., I even remember how the theme went I humming it now. I remember Beverly Garland was on it alot, but every week big name celebrities would show up. Your thread

It didn't last long, lavender; I saw it a couple of times In the homes of other kids, before my family had TV. From that description, I pulled up the memory of one panelist -- Morey Amsterdam. He's one of those people with more "Self" listings than "Acting" listings. I focused on the Year aspect of his -ography, and found it. To me, Morey was the only memorable thing about the show.

Open thread.

Yes, Leonard P. Geer, or just Lenny Geer, used that expression often as Ollie the ranch hand. Here is his picture.

sam04.jpg

You might see him in this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rkLL3reXYY

The campfire scenes were always entertaining.

Tim Considine and David Stollery had worked together in a movie called "Her Twelve Men" with Greer Garson. Considine was to be cast as Marty, but he wanted to play Spin, so he suggested to the producers that they try Stollery as Marty. Here's an interesting clip from years later as the two of them reminisce:

OK, Dave, It's your turn now.