Well, Shutoo beat me to it.

4. Probably Lucy and Desi - I Love Lucy- Desilu

6. Maybe Carol Burnett and Joe Hamilton ? he produced the Carol Burnett Show

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Well, Shutoo beat me to it.

4. Probably Lucy and Desi - I Love Lucy- Desilu

6. Maybe Carol Burnett and Joe Hamilton ? he produced the Carol Burnett Show

4 of course is correct. I had a different answer for 6 but yours is an excellent answer too.

Were you thinking of Elizabeth Montgomery and William Asher for 6? It was a toss up for me but I went for Carol and Joe. I think both fit the bill

Just now, lavenderblue19 said:

Were you thinking of Elizabeth Montgomery and William Asher for 6? It was a toss up for me bit I went for Carol and Joe. I think both fit the bill

Lav, you're terrific!

Elizabeth Montgomery is exactly who I was thinking of.

And we still need the first 2.

On 11/16/2019 at 8:55 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Mothers often advise their daughters that it's just as easy to fall in love with a rich man, as a poor man.

Successful movie actresses who were among those making the transition to TV also knew that it's just as easy to marry a man who is talented in show business, than not.

The following movie actresses who had hit series on classic TV we're successful where many other movie actresses had failed. Of course in addition to their own Talent, they were married to a man who had the ability to manage and present them in a winning manner.

When you identify these double- talented married teams, also list the classicTV series they were associated with.

1) This Oscar & Emmy award winning actress first formed an international production company with her husband. He executive produced their movies. Later their company went domestic with a TV series starring her and executive produced by him. They had children.

2) This actress had worked in movies and radio when she went into a TV series with her Oscar award-winning husband. Her husband executive produced the show and sang occasionally on the show. They had children who occasionally appeared on the show.

3) This actress made the transition from movies to television under the umbrella of a TV production company headed by her husband. She had a TV series where she appeared occasionally, while numerous other actors performed in episodes which were not related. Her husband appeared occasionally also. They had children.

4) This actress appeared in movies and on radio before working in a TV series with her husband, who also was the executive producer. He occasionally sang on the show. They had children.

5) This Oscar and Emmy award-winning actress made the transition from movies into television in a series guided by her executive producer husband. She occasionally appeared in the series, along with numerous other actors who appeared in episodes which were not related. They had children.

6) This actress came late to Classic Hollywood movies, but made up for it working in a variety of classic TV shows. Her own TV series was directed and produced by her husband. They had children.

Thanks Princess for the compliment! Getting dizzy going back and forth to read the question, it was posted on the previous page, so I'm bringing it to this page. Also, guess, get clues. so need clues for 1 and 2, Please and Thanks.

2 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Thanks Princess for the compliment! Getting dizzy going back and forth to read the question, it was posted on the previous page, so I'm bringing it to this page. Also, guess, get clues. so need clues for 1 and 2, Please and Thanks.

1 and 2 are classic American sitcoms known to everyone on this website.

Well, I've ruled out Mary Tyler Moore, Shirley Booth, Donna Reed, Eve Arden and Ida Lupino. All were married to producers and had sit com tv shows but none fit all the criteria you've listed. I guess someone else will have to figure out 1 and 2.

4 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Well, I've ruled out Mary Tyler Moore, Shirley Booth, Donna Reed, Eve Arden and Ida Lupino. All were married to producers and had sit com tv shows but none fit all the criteria you've listed. I guess someone else will have to figure out 1 and 2.

I can't give you the answer, but I think that you should review what you've got up there.

For number one, I would emphasize the fact that she won the Oscar and the Emmy.

For number two, I would emphasize the fact that her children occasionally appeared on the show.

Princess, Donna won an Oscar BUT never won an Emmy, she was nominated numerous times for the Donna Reed show but never won. Shirley Booth did win an Oscar and did win an Emmy BUT never had children. MTM, Eve Arden and Ida never won Oscars.

3 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Princess, Donna won an Oscar BUT never won an Emmy, she was nominated numerous times for the Donna Reed show but never won. Shirley Booth did win an Oscar and did win an Emmy BUT never had children. MTM, Eve Arden and Ida never won Oscars.

Then I think you're absolutely right and I'm wrong. I have to start putting on my glasses! You're right Donna is the answer for that one and you got it! Sorry about that.

Number two again, I would emphasize the husband sang occasionally on the show and the children appeared occasionally on the show.

And thanks for sticking in there.

We're just about ready to wrap this one up, but we still need an answer for number two.

*Hint for number two --

*This actress and her husband conquered 4 venues of show business as a team.

10 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

2 Gracie Allen and George Burns.

Shutoo got one.

And Lav, you got the other five so it's all yours. Good work on your part.

I enjoy these questions because they bring back so many marvelous memories. Your turn.....

thanks, I'll try to think of something to stump everyone 🤔, but until I do I'll leave the thread open.

• Thanks 1

Several of the original mouseketeers appeared together in a theatrical movie, along with an actor who played a superhero on TV.  Can you name the movie?

On 11/24/2019 at 9:14 AM, MilesArcher said:

Several of the original mouseketeers appeared together in a theatrical movie, along with an actor who played a superhero on TV.  Can you name the movie?

It was a western movie made by Disney in the 1950's.

It's been too long, so I guess I'll give it away.  It's "Westward Ho The Wagons" .  Fess Parker and George Reeves starred, along with mousketeers Karen Pendleton, Cubby O'Brien, Doreen Tracy, and Tommy Cole, as well as David Stollery, who played Marty in the "Spin And Marty" serials.  Karen Pendleton just passed away in October of this year.  She had been a paraplegic since a car accident in 1983.

The thread is open.

Next:

A beauty pageant catapulted this woman to a permanent niche on classic TV game, quiz and news/ variety programming.

After becoming a household name, she went into politics.

Hint#1: She will be remembered forever as " The Lady in Mink ".

When you identify this woman, please also list some of her TV credits.

21 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Next:

A beauty pageant catapulted this woman to a permanent niche on classic TV game, quiz and news/ variety programming.

After becoming a household name, she went into politics.

Hint#1: She will be remembered forever as " The Lady in Mink ".

When you identify this woman, please also list some of her TV credits.

Maybe Bess Myerson ?  What's My Line, I've Got a Secret,  Match Game, To Tell the Truth, hostess on The Mike Douglas Show ????????/

1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Maybe Bess Myerson ?  What's My Line, I've Got a Secret,  Match Game, To Tell the Truth, hostess on The Mike Douglas Show ????????/

I should have known an old New Yorker like you would get this immediately.

I first saw Bess on a TV game show called "The Big Payoff".  Bess was "The Lady in Mink" who modeled the big payoff, a beautiful mink coat.

Lav, that's as far back as I can remember. Now it's time for you to jog your memory. LOL

brw, I met Bess Myerson some years back in Fla. her daughter brought me to her room while she was recovering from a bad fall. My beloved dad was in the same place recuperating. I met her daughter, we began to talk and she took me to met Ms. Myerson. she was in her 80's and looked sooooo beautiful, she looked the same, she had changed very little and was definitely recognizable.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

brw, I met Bess Myerson some years back in Fla. her daughter brought me to her room while she was recovering from a bad fall. My beloved dad was in the same place recuperating. I met her daughter, we began to talk and she took me to met Ms. Myerson. she was in her 80's and looked sooooo beautiful, she looked the same, she had changed very little and was definitely recognizable.

Something just told me that you had met her at one time.

My father thought she was the most beautiful woman on television. We used to tease him about it. LOL