Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3 hours ago, Peebs said:

6.   Laura was saving to buy Rob  an "XKG JFK 400 Roadster with matching luggage" and Rob gets a Tarantula.  (I remembered the Tarantula because James Dean  died in a Spyder.)

7.  A dryer, a vacuum  a rotisserie, and a projector.  

8.  I remember parts of this one....The company goes on strike his first day.  He has to write something like the technical manual or catalog for something in manufacturing.   TV tubes?

17.  Buddy's brother Blacky was a pool shark but I don't know where he's from.  (Chicago? A guess.)   Buddy's uncle owned a shoe store, I think.

20.  Was it Camp Crowder, MO?  I can't remember where Laura's from.  Somewhere in the Midwest?    (Rob, I think, was Danville, IL Van Dyke's real hometown. ) 

6. yes..and the Tarantula was the car in the commercial that Richie was picked to be in

8. this one's toughj, so I'll give it to you..it was the Wrightwood Electronics Co, they made TV rectifier tubes

17.  His name is ****, but he wasn't living in the US

18. Camp Crowder is right...but Laura's hometown isn't in the midwest...it's kind of surprising...

edit:  isn't it odd that you could type his brother's name, and it's ***'d out when I typed it...??? selective censorship?

• Like 1

10.  Sally and Ric are on the search for homemade lasagna  (I looked this one up)

11.  Laura sets up  her quiet nerdy cousin with Sally.  He's a lab technician named Thomas Edison.  "Sally and the Lab Technician"

17. Buddy's brother Blacky was living in Brazil  (I looked this one up, too.)  It seems to matter how you spell Buddy's brother's name.  with a "y" is fine.  With an "ie" gets censored.  

18.  Laura's hometown...  Brooklyn?  That's where MTM was born. Just a wild guess, though, I'm stumped.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Peebs said:

11.  Laura sets up  her quiet nerdy cousin with Sally.  He's a lab technician named Thomas Edison.  "Sally and the Lab Technician"

you're right...but Laura never calls him a 'favorite'...it's another cousin...

11 hours ago, Peebs said:

18.  Laura's hometown...  Brooklyn?  That's where MTM was born. Just a wild guess, though, I'm stumped.

yup...a fellow dancer tells Rob that Laura's from Brooklyn (and this lady really sounds like she's from Brooklyn!)  Another little bit of trivia is that Laura says her last name is Mehan (sounds like it, anyway) but others call her Laura Meeker...and MTM's married name at that time was....Meeker!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Peebs said:

11.  Rats!  Well,  that was my best guess.  I'm stumped on this one.

Well, I'll wrap this up then:  Laura's cousin Donna Palmer was called 'a favorite', and Laura sets her up with their bachelor neighbor...she's a psychologist, although she also makes her own jewelry, illustrates cookbooks, and designs ponchos with removable sleeves.  Evidently, Laura had a lot of cousins...you mentioned one, and she mentions one that's a dentist in a 'Jerry' episode, and another that's a lawyer, when Buddy says he's divorcing Pickles...big family, I guess...

Peebs is the big winner, and the prize is....a lifetime supply of walnuts!  hope you have the closet space...Animated GIF

Thanks everyone for playing!

Your thread, Peebs!

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, shutoo said:

Well, I'll wrap this up then:  Laura's cousin Donna Palmer was called 'a favorite', and Laura sets her up with their bachelor neighbor...she's a psychologist, although she also makes her own jewelry, illustrates cookbooks, and designs ponchos with removable sleeves. 

OK,  yes, I remember that now!   Especially the poncho with the removable sleeves.  Thanks shutoo for that impressive list of questions.  That's going to be a hard act to follow!

Let's see how this goes...

Identify the TV show by their episode title

1.  Kitty Karry-All is Missing 

2.  The Ghost of A. Chantz

3.  Marooned

4.  Turkeys Away

5.  Miss Landers' Fiancé

6.  The LSD Story

7. The Case of the Moth-Eaten Mink

8.  The Howling Man

9.  Password

10.  Christmas and the Hard-Luck Kid 

11.  The Rusty Heller Story 

12.  Big Bomb at Frostbite Falls or The Exploding Metropolis

58 minutes ago, laffite said:

Gosh, you folks are amazing to be able to do this kind of thing. 👌

Maybe just too much TV as a kid, in my case.  Do you want to try to guess any of them?  I suppose it depends on what classic TV shows you watched but some have clues in them.  "Marooned" for example is the first episode of a show that seems to be in perpetual reruns.  That episode title sets up the rest of the series.  

13 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

1. The Brady Bunch

2. Dick Van Dyke Show

3. I think The Practice ?

4. WKRP Cincinnati

8. The Twilight Zone

10. The Mary Tyler Moore Show

Very good!   

Except #3 is not The Practice.  This show was on from 1964-67.  The episode "Marooned" was the first episode of the show and the characters are indeed marooned, after a three-hour tour.  

4 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Very good!   

Except #3 is not The Practice.  This show was on from 1964-67.  The episode "Marooned" was the first episode of the show and the characters are indeed, marooned, after a three-hour tour.  

LOL  Peebs, of course  3. is Gilligans Island

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

I was thinking Marion Ross because Happy Days grew out of American Graffiti but Brooklyn Bridge was not based on a movie.

Sorry, not her. These tv shows were 1950's for the first one and 1960's for the 2nd one. The films the tv shows were based on were also 1950's for the first one and 1960's for the 2nd film.

• Like 1

Here's what I've come up with.

Barbara Eden was one of the stars of a 1950's TV series called "How To Marry a Millionaire", which was based on a movie with Lauren Bacall, Betty Grable, and Marilyn Monroe.  In the sixties, Barbara appeared in a movie called "The Brass Bottle" about a genie in a bottle, but she didn't play the genie.  That part went to Burl Ives.  Of course, Barbara did play the genie in the TV series "I Dream Of Jeannie".

How to Marry a Millionaire (TV Series 1957–1959) - IMDb 

Watch I Dream Of Jeannie Online Free - Crackle 

Did you know that Barbara is now eighty-nine years old?

6 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Here's what I've come up with.

Barbara Eden was one of the stars of a 1950's TV series called "How To Marry a Millionaire", which was based on a movie with Lauren Bacall, Betty Grable, and Marilyn Monroe.  In the sixties, Barbara appeared in a movie called "The Brass Bottle" about a genie in a bottle, but she didn't play the genie.  That part went to Burl Ives.  Of course, Barbara did play the genie in the TV series "I Dream Of Jeannie".

How to Marry a Millionaire (TV Series 1957–1959) - IMDb 

Watch I Dream Of Jeannie Online Free - Crackle 

Did you know that Barbara is now eighty-nine years old?

Excellent Miles. Yes, Batbata Eden, she played Loco, in the tv series How To Marry A Millionaire ( the MM role in the film). In the film The Brass Bottle, Barbara plays Tony Randall's girlfriend ( Tony plays the role that Larry Hagman played in the series I Dream of Jeannie and yes Burl Ives plays the Genie). My next clue was about a 3rd movie that Barbara played the lead role in both the 1978 movie and the 1981 tv series, Harper Valley PTA  both based on the song. I saw Barbara on a tv show a few years back ( maybe 5 ) and she stilll fit into her Genie costume and looked great!!!!  It's too depressing to think of Barbara as 89 years old LOL, she will always be the beautiful, young Jeannie to baby boomers.

Thanks Miles for posting the photos, Great work and it's your turn ;) 

Thanks, Lavender.  The clues for this next one will sound very familiar to the last one with one exception.  An actress starred as a wife and mother in a sixties sitcom that was based on an earlier sixties movie of the same name.  Some years earlier, in the early fifties, this same actress played a teenager in a sitcom that was based on a movie from the late forties.  This TV show and movie had the same title, but the movie had been a musical and the TV show was a sitcom.  This is a tough one because the early fifties sitcom did not last long and many people may not have heard of it.  Can you name the actress and the two shows?  She had a lengthy career in TV shows and movies from the fifties until this century.