Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Thanks, Lavender.  The clues for this next one will sound very familiar to the last one with one exception.  An actress starred as a wife and mother in a sixties sitcom that was based on an earlier sixties movie of the same name.  Some years earlier, in the early fifties, this same actress played a teenager in a sitcom that was based on a movie from the late forties.  This TV show and movie had the same title, but the movie had been a musical and the TV show was a sitcom.  This is a tough one because the early fifties sitcom did not last long and many people may not have heard of it.  Can you name the actress and the two shows?  She had a lengthy career in TV shows and movies from the fifties until this century.

Could the actresss be Pat Crowley?  The movie would be Please Don't Eat the Daisies, Pat Crowley played the Doris Day role from the film on the tv series Please Don't Eat The Daisies. The  early 1950's tv  show would be A Date With Judy,  the tv show  based on the radio and 1940's movie A Date With Judy. Pat played the movie role that Jane Powell played, Judy Foster. The film  A Date with Judy has always been a favorite of mine and my mom's. Pat Crowley is still alive and has appeared in many tv shows into the 2000's ????

Very impressive, Lavender.  Yes, Pat Crowley is the actress.  The TV series "A Date With Judy" was on from 1951 to 1953, so I don't remember it.  I only came up with this fact when I was researching the previous question.   "Please Don't Eat The Daisies" was on from 1965 to 1967. 

TV Time - Please Don't Eat the Daisies (TVShow Time)

SATURDAY MORNINGS FOREVER: A DATE WITH JUDY 

Nice work, Lavender.  The next one is up to you.

Thanks Miles :) Like you I was too young to watch A Date With Judy on tv, but I do remember Pat Crowley and Please Don't Eat the Daisies. 

next

During the first season this actress starred in her tv series, her godmother who was a famous actress in films and her own tv show years before, recommended that she hire the same designer for her wardrobe  for the tv show  that she had used. Both actresses and both tv shows, extra bonus if you know the name of the designer ?????

Marlo Thomas (That Girl) and her godmother Loretta Young (The Loretta Young Show) and the designer was Werle'.  I always thought this was a mistake, considering an aspiring actress with temp jobs could've never afforded the threads she dressed in...every dress had a matching coat, and a closet full of 'evening' wear...really?  In that time period, a young actress wannabe would've been wearing less conventional dresses, and if she did need to 'dress up' it would've probably been a knock off of a knock off of Givenchy or Oleg Cassini, or the old staple Chanel suit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 6:59 PM, shutoo said:

Marlo Thomas (That Girl) and her godmother Loretta Young (The Loretta Young Show) and the designer was Werle'.  I always thought this was a mistake, considering an aspiring actress with temp jobs could've never afforded the threads she dressed in...every dress had a matching coat, and a closet full of 'evening' wear...really?  In that time period, a young actress wannabe would've been wearing less conventional dresses, and if she did need to 'dress up' it would've probably been a knock off of a knock off of Givenchy or Oleg Cassini, or the old staple Chanel suit.

Shutoo, your answer was correct. This thread was on page 3, Please either post a question or open the thread Thanks

Sorry...I don't have much...here's a few about The Odd Couple you can take a crack at:  Animated GIF

1. Where did Gloria tell Felix she wanted a divorce?

2. Who are Andre' La Plume, Sarah Morgan, Lena Molinaro and Willard Eisenhower?

3. When the guys get aboard Belkin airline, where do they think they're flying to?  Where do they actually end up?

4. Who are the regulars at the poker game?

5,. What was Felix and Gloria's special song?  What kind of dog did they have?

6. Where does Felix's brother live, and what does he do?

7. What was the word, on Password, that ended Felix's appearance on that show?

8. What daytime tv celebrity went to college with Oscar?

9. Who appears in the first commercial Felix gets to direct?

10.  What are the 2 secret ingredients in Felix's gravy that Bernaise Barbara is eager to learn?

11. What's the name of Felix's  band?

12.  In the tv version, both Felix and Oscar had something about their character changed from the film...what were the big differences?

• Like 1

2.  I got half of it by googling, the latter two Lena M. and Willard E. are when Gloria and Oscar go out on a blind date using those phony names.

I just remember liking the show so much because my sister was a slob and my Dad was a neat freak.  Also like the original movie (and ends differently from the series, if I'm correct).  Also checked out Jean Simmons' guest role and The Pigeon Sisters.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

2.  I got half of it by googling, the latter two Lena M. and Willard E. are when Gloria and Oscar go out on a blind date using those phony names.

well, close enough...using computer dating, Oscar is Andre' La Plume and Willard Eisenhower, and Myrna (Penny Marshall) is Lena Molinaro

• Like 1

12.  Oscar in the film has 2 children, in the show he has no kids.

Felix is a tv news writer in the film, he's a professional photographer in the tv show

Felix in the film is seperated, in the tv show he's already divorced.

In the film Felix's wife's name is Blanche, in the tv show her name is Gloria

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

12.  Oscar in the film has 2 children, in the show he has no kids.

Felix is a tv news writer in the film, he's a professional photographer in the tv show

Those were the two I was looking for!  Actually, in the movie Felix's wife is Frances, but I'd forgotten that (maybe they wanted to 'update' her name).

• Like 1
On 11/2/2020 at 4:35 PM, lavenderblue19 said:

3. They think they're going to Houston.

yes, but it turns out it's a parachute group...they have to jump over Houston...the plane goes on to San Diego.   I don't know why, but I always find this episode awfully funny.

5 hours ago, shutoo said:

yes, but it turns out it's a parachute group...they have to jump over Houston...the plane goes on to San Diego.   I don't know why, but I always find this episode awfully funny.

You find this episode funny because it was. It's one of the favorite episodes of the show. I didn't watch the Odd Couple every week, only every so often. If it was in re-run I'd be watching now. 

• Like 1
On 11/2/2020 at 4:49 PM, chaya bat woof woof said:

At the end of the movie, doesn't Felix stay with the Pigeon Sisters?

yes...12. is about their characters rather than plot (lavenderblue answered it above.)

I think 5 and 10 are the only two left...if no one gets them today, I'll  give the answers and close the thread