Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

On 11/9/2020 at 11:29 AM, shutoo said:

yes...12. is about their characters rather than plot (lavenderblue answered it above.)

I think 5 and 10 are the only two left...if no one gets them today, I'll  give the answers and close the thread

5. I think the song was Just One More Chance

10. A cup of beer and a teaspoon of dry mustard were the 2 ingredients in Felix's gravy that Bernaise Barbara wanted. Oscar told her the ingredients but she admitted that she tricked Oscar into giving it to her so she didn't use them and made a different recipe for the contest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

5. I think the song was Just One More Chance

10. A cup of beer and a teaspoon of dry mustard were the 2 ingredients in Felix's gravy that Bernaise Barbara wanted. Oscar told her the ingredients but she admitted that she tricked Oscar into giving it to her so she didn't use them and made a different recipe for the contest.

yes!  and just to clear up any loose ends of the question, the dog was a pomeranian. (sp?)

Anyway....lavenderblue got the most correct answers, and gets the thread... and just a little Covid public health spot :  follow Oscar's example and remember to wash your hands!                                                                            Find & Share on GIPHY

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

After her contract was up, the star of this classic tv show wanted to leave and do other things. The ratings were very high so they offered her part ownership of this  comedy tv show. She stayed and  she made millions from her salary and the show in syndication because of her part ownership.  Actress and the show ??

Link to post
Share on other sites

When one of the co-stars on the show left and the new actor in the series joined the cast, one of the regular support players who was not welcoming to the new member of the cast  said "I don't like change" and they said it to the new cast member in front of the whole cast!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 5:50 PM, lavenderblue19 said:

After her contract was up, the star of this classic tv show wanted to leave and do other things. The ratings were very high so they offered her part ownership of this  comedy tv show. She stayed and  she made millions from her salary and the show in syndication because of her part ownership.  Actress and the show ??

 I'm not sure about all this because I didn't watch the show.

But I always heard that Shirley Booth owned "Hazel" are some of it herself and that they had a lot of changes in the cast later on.

I admired her a lot, but I didn't really watch, so I'm not sure if that's the show you're talking about.

And the kid, who would probably be the one who would say something gauche like that would be Bobby Buntrock. ???

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Is it Bewitched?

Yes, knew that last clue would cinch it. Elizabeth wanted to leave Bewitched do  other things when her 5 year contract was up but because  the show was so high in the ratings the network  (ABC) gave her ownership in the show. That plus her salary and going into syndication made her millions.  Bewitched ran from 1964 to 1972. It was Agnes Moorehead that told Dick Sargent  in front of him and the whole cast that she didn't like change. Agnes had become very close friends with Dick York and resented Sargent taking over the role. Protests from the Bible Belt down South didn't want Bewitched on the air for fear of devil worship LOL.   Good work Peebs, it's your turn to post one :)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't Agnes Moorehead also guaranteed that she only had to appear in a certain number of episodes.  I also heard she was a devout Christian (and Dick Sargent being gay may have added to her dislike).  I preferred Dick York (and don't know real reason he left - knew he had an extreme back injury from years ago and I don't think he got any residuals).  Elizabeth M. was a supporter of gay rights.  I wanted to be her when I was young.  And, on a weird note (and something only someone weird like myself could come up with), when Mad Men first came on, Don Draper (ad man) and his first wife reminded me of Darren and Samantha in an alternate universe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Lavender!  Let's try this one:

This is about "The Family" sketches on The Carol Burnett Show.  Carol Burnett played Eunice Higgins, Harvey Korman played her husband Ed, and Vicki Lawrence played Mama. 

 Can you name the guest stars who played the rest of the family during it's run on The Carol Burnett Show?

1.  Philip Harper-- the oldest of Mama's sons who became a prize winning author and Hollywood screenwriter

2.  Larry Harper-- the middle son who was a freelance commercial illustrator.  He came home for a visit on Christmas

3. Jack Harper-- the youngest son.  The family visits him in the hospital

4.  Ellen Harper-- the older spoiled, snobbish daughter

5.  Extra credit:  Who played Bubba's teacher, Mrs. Collins, during a memorable parent teacher conference sketch?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a guess.  Could #2 be Alan Alda?  he played Carol's husband in "The Four Seasons". 

Could #3 be Ken Berry?  He was a frequent guest on Carol's show and he later was a regular on "Mama's Family" as Vinton.   He once had a summer replacement variety show that didn't make it through the summer. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

Just a guess.  Could #2 be Alan Alda?  he played Carol's husband in "The Four Seasons". 

Could #3 be Ken Berry?  He was a frequent guest on Carol's show and he later was a regular on "Mama's Family" as Vinton.   He once had a summer replacement variety show that didn't make it through the summer. 

Yep #2 is Alan Alda

Carol Burnett Show 1967 - 1978 Carol Burnett Alan Alda | Alan alda, Carol  burnett, Carole

 

#3 is not Ken Berry but that's a great guess.  This is a hard one.  I'll just give the answer:  Tommy Smothers 

90  Comedy ideas in 2020 | comedy, bones funny, comedians

 

Thank you to Lavender & Miles for responding!  Lavender got the most with 3 correct answers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the years we have been subjected to countless advertising slogans, jingles, and tag lines for all kinds of products.  We may have had some of these before on this thread and maybe not for some others.  Can you identify the name of the product that each is advertising?

1.  Just a silly millimeter longer!

2.  Better coffee a millionaire's money can't buy

3.  When you care enough to send the very best

4.  What a chunk'a chocolate!

5.  You've come a long way, Baby!

6.  Never had it, never will

7.  Because you're worth it!

8.  It's what's up front that counts

9.  Fill it to the rim

10.  At home, at work, or on the way

11.  Progress is our most important product

12.  A little dab'll do ya!

13.  Think small

14.  Leave the driving to us

15.  Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the responses so far. 

Princess, #1 is not Benson and Hedges, although it is a cigarette brand.

#14 is not Hertz.  It's actually for a  transportation company.

#15 is for both Almond Joy and Mounds

 

 

 

Thanks Princess and Peebs.  All other responses so far are correct.  There are still several more to solve.  Give them a try.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well so far we have Princess with five, Lavender with five, and Peebs with three.  Here are some hints for the other two.

#1-  Benson and Hedges pioneered the 100 millimeter cigarette.  In the world of "can you top this?", another company came up with a 101 millimeter cigarette.  The company's name sounds like a piece of furniture.

#10 - This company sponsored Eddie Fisher's TV show in the fifties.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

Well so far we have Princess with five, Lavender with five, and Peebs with three.  Here are some hints for the other two.

#1-  Benson and Hedges pioneered the 100 millimeter cigarette.  In the world of "can you top this?", another company came up with a 101 millimeter cigarette.  The company's name sounds like a piece of furniture.

#10 - This company sponsored Eddie Fisher's TV show in the fifties.

10) Coca-Cola

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...