Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Princess, you got all but one right, which is very good.   #10 is not Elinor Donahue.  Ellen Miller was a character on a show that was set on a farm.  She was played by an actress who had been a Broadway star in the 1940's.

• Thanks 1

4. Harold Baxter was Bobby Buntrock's role on Hazel...and he was one of the few child actors I didn't find annoying

7. Martin Lane was Patty's dad (Cathy's uncle) on The Patty Duke Show...of course, this was after he was Dobie's teacher

8.  Suzanne Fabry was the switchboard operator/recep on 77 Sunset Strip, Jacqueline Beer

10. Ellen Miller was the first mom on Lassie--Jan Clayton

15. Nugie was the wonderful Zasu Pitts as the sidekick on Oh Susanna (The Gale Storm Show)

17. Sam Bolt worked with Honey West, played by John Ericson

I'll do clean up

8.  Rin Tin Tin -  Sgt Biff O'Hara - Joe Sawyer

11. Mama (had to look this one up,  don't remember the show) - Nels  Hansen - Dick Van Patten  

13. Tombstone Territory - Harris Claiborne - Richard Eastham

16. Hennessey - Lt. Martha Haley - Abby Dalton

• Like 1

Very good, everyone.  Jan Clayton was billed as Jane Clayton when she appeared in some Hopalong Cassidy pictures in the late 1930's.  That's where she met her first husband, Russell 'Lucky" Hayden, one of Hoppy's saddle pals.  She was the first actress to play Julie Jordan in Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Carousel" on Broadway in 1945.

Everyone liked Maurice Gosfield as Pvt. Duane Doberman.  He was so popular that he even got his own comic book.

Maurice Gosfield, actor, comic (Phil Silvers Show)1913-64 | Doberman,  Sergeant, Silver age comics  

Thanks to everyone for playing.  Princess got the most so she gets the thread.  

• Thanks 1

Next:

Well, we're going retro with a "Sing Along with Mitch" type quiz.

How many of these TV themes can you sing along with?  

When you identify the show be sure to sing out the lyrics, so we can all hear you.

1) "You'll meet the highbrow and the hipster"

2) "Wild as the Wind in Oregon"

3)"A man of steel, the stories say"

4)"Will your heart stay free and light"

5)"No matter, he's hers and hers alone" 

6)"Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea"

7)"A joggin' along with a heart full of song"

*Extra)"Sometimes we quarrel but then, how we love making up again" 

*(Lyrics are not on the TV show, opening or closing. But are well known today because of the iconic nature of the show.

1 point real extra credit for this one. )

Eight)"And long may his story be told" 

9)"A hot dog makes her lose control" 

10"Khrushchev's due at Idlewild"  

11)"He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse" 

12)"What will be, will be" 

13)"Gee, our old LaSalle ran great"

14)"Goodbye gray sky, hello blue" 

15)"Give us any rule, we'll break it"

16)"I get allergic smelling hay"

1. 77 Sunset Strip

5. The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis

7. I Love Lucy (?)

9. The Patty Duke Show

10. Car 54 Where Are You?

15. Laverne and Shirley

4 hours ago, shutoo said:

1. 77 Sunset Strip

5. The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis

7. I Love Lucy (?)

9. The Patty Duke Show

10. Car 54 Where Are You?

15. Laverne and Shirley

Shutoo-- Five answers are correct, except #7 is wrong.

2. Maverick

3. Bat Masterson

6. Beverly Hillbillies

7. Sugarfoot

8. The Legend of Wyatt Earp

11. Mr. Ed

12. Doris Day Show ( that's Que Sera, Sera)

13. All In The family

16. Green Acres ( I always sing along to this one and it makes me Laugh)

*the extra credit one Sometimes we quarrel but how we love making up again was Desi Arnaz singing to Lucy on an episode of I Love Lucy

• Like 1
14 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

2. Maverick

3. Bat Masterson

6. Beverly Hillbillies

7. Sugarfoot

8. The Legend of Wyatt Earp

11. Mr. Ed

12. Doris Day Show ( that's Que Sera, Sera)

13. All In The family

16. Green Acres ( I always sing along to this one and it makes me Laugh)

*the extra credit one Sometimes we quarrel but how we love making up again was Desi Arnaz singing to Lucy on an episode of I Love Lucy

We had good participation on this one. And I hope it brought back some fun tunes to sing.

Thanks to Shutoo and Peebs for their contributions.

And the thread goes to my Baby Boomer Buddy for the score of 10 out of 17 possible.

Lav, it's all yours.....

Thanks

next

Game Shows in the classic time period. I'll describe the show, please give the title. Extra credit if you give us the name of the host of the show

1. Win prizes within a time limit by doing stunts

2. Students compete

3. The show would end with the host and winning contestant blowing a kiss to the audience there and at home.

4. Audience contestants came in costumes

5 .Couples would answer questions that were sometimes funny, sometimes embarrassing, usually about their relationship

6. Prizes were given when contestants guessed right about merchandise, you needed to a savvy shopper to win

7. Hardships told by woman contestants, usually the woman with the best sob story won

8. Celebrities played a version of Charades

9. A famous celebrity hosted a quiz show, his trade mark theme song was played and a rubber duck on a string would show up 

10. The host read about a contestants unusual occupation or something the contestant experienced and the celebrity panel would guess which one of the 3 contestants he was talking about. 

Tell us the name of the tv show and extra credit if you tell us the name of the host of the show ?????????????????

1) People Are Funny--Art Linkletter

2) The College Bowl --Allen Ludden

3) Family Feud with Richard Dawson

5) The Newlywed Game

6) The Price is Right--Bill Cullen & Bob Barker

7) Queen for a Day--Jack Bailey

10)To Tell the Truth --Bud Collyer

All correct except 1 and 3. Your answer to 1 is similiar, but on this show relating to the question,  something was on the stage to determine if the contestant won.

#3. the host and the contestant didn't  kiss the way Richard Dawson did on Family Feud.  The tv show that relates to the question, as I wrote, the host and the contestant blew a kiss to the the viewer at the end of the show.

Still open 1,3, 8

Originally the show was called Pantomine Quiz. until 1959. It returned to tv in 1962 as Stump the Stars and that's when I watched the show. Mike Stokey  produced the show and was the host,  Pat Harrington Jr. also hosted the show at one point. At one time or another all 4 networks carried the show. I still remember the theme song and sometimes humm it to myself. It was a really fun show and  many celebrities at the time showed up on the show to play. Vincent Price was a regular so was Beverly Garland, Stubby Kaye. Ross Martin, Richard Long, Hans Conreid, Vera Miles and many more. 

Good work Princess, Peebs and Shuttoo. thanks for playing, I had fun remembering these shows, hope you all did too. Princess, you answered 6, Peebs, 3 and Shuttoo played clean up. Princess, it's your turn to post one.

• Thanks 1

Next:

In the late 50s--early 60s westerns were everywhere.

Saddle up and see how many you can remember.

When you identify the show also name the principal performer(s) in the series.

1) This Wild West private detective receives his clients in a fancy San Francisco saloon where they have located him by acquiring one of his printed business cards.

2) This western's hero was an ex- Confederate officer, who worked undercover as a government agent. He spent his time gambling on a riverboat. And he brought in the bad guys with the help of a fancy gun and a Native American sidekick.

3) Here is another undercover government agent in the Wild West. He poses as a salesman for the "Peacemaker"revolver.

4) In this western the hero was an agent troubleshooter for a private  company and was known as the "left-handed gun".

5) In this western  a new sheriff in town teaches his young deputy the ropes, while romancing the blonde salon owner who also doubles as the schoolmarm.

6) A sheriff in a Kansas town deals with keeping the peace with the help of a local sidekick, while romancing the red headed saloon keeper and listening to the wisdom of the local doctor.

7) In this western another ex-Confederate roams the Wild West with his father's sawed- off double barrel shotgun and a revolver.

😎 Eight) This hour long western featured a hero who was the mayor of a town in  Oklahoma territory. The local blacksmith also served as the town's deputy.

9) And this Western features yet another ex- Confederate officer who is now a Texas Ranger,  and who also doubles as the sheriff of a Texas town.

10) This western is a fictionalized account of two real Wild West legends, Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid.

Happy Trails😄😄😄