Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

#3 is Colt .45 with Wade Preston

#4 is Tales Of Wells Fargo with Dale Robertson 

#9 is Trackdown with Robert Culp

#10 is The Tall Man with Barry Sullivan and Clu Gulager 

By the way, in Gunsmoke, James Arness was not a sheriff.  He was a U.S. marshal.

• Like 1
On 3/8/2021 at 12:38 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Next:

In the late 50s--early 60s westerns were everywhere.

Saddle up and see how many you can remember.

When you identify the show also name the principal performer(s) in the series.

1) This Wild West private detective receives his clients in a fancy San Francisco saloon where they have located him by acquiring one of his printed business cards.

2) This western's hero was an ex- Confederate officer, who worked undercover as a government agent. He spent his time gambling on a riverboat. And he brought in the bad guys with the help of a fancy gun and a Native American sidekick.

3) Here is another undercover government agent in the Wild West. He poses as a salesman for the "Peacemaker"revolver.

4) In this western the hero was an agent troubleshooter for a private  company and was known as the "left-handed gun".

5) In this western  a new sheriff in town teaches his young deputy the ropes, while romancing the blonde salon owner who also doubles as the schoolmarm.

6) A sheriff in a Kansas town deals with keeping the peace with the help of a local sidekick, while romancing the red headed saloon keeper and listening to the wisdom of the local doctor.

7) In this western another ex-Confederate roams the Wild West with his father's sawed- off double barrel shotgun and a revolver.

😎 Eight) This hour long western featured a hero who was the mayor of a town in  Oklahoma territory. The local blacksmith also served as the town's deputy.

9) And this Western features yet another ex- Confederate officer who is now a Texas Ranger,  and who also doubles as the sheriff of a Texas town.

10) This western is a fictionalized account of two real Wild West legends, Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid.

Happy Trails😄😄😄

repeating your clues, they are on the previous page, a pain to go back and forth to read them.

• Thanks 1

#5 is Lawman with John Russell as Marshal Dan Troop, Peter Brown as Deputy Johnny McKay, and Peggy Castle as Lilly Merrill.

The difference between Marshal and Sheriff is that Sheriff is a local lawman with jurisdictional boundaries of the town or the county.  It is usually an elected position.  U.S. Marshal is an appointed position with jurisdiction anywhere in the United States.  That is why Marshal Dillon on Gunsmoke can go many miles with Chester or Festus to hunt down fugitives.  

• Like 1
21 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

#5 is Lawman with John Russell as Marshal Dan Troop, Peter Brown as Deputy Johnny McKay, and Peggy Castle as Lilly Merrill.

The difference between Marshal and Sheriff is that Sheriff is a local lawman with jurisdictional boundaries of the town or the county.  It is usually an elected position.  U.S. Marshal is an appointed position with jurisdiction anywhere in the United States.  That is why Marshal Dillon on Gunsmoke can go many miles with Chester or Festus to hunt down fugitives.  

Well, that was on two different pages so it was kind of hard to keep up.

But we had good participation on this one from  Lav, Peebs and Miles.

And we're not surprised that Miles, our King of the Wild Wild West, won this quiz with  6/10 correct answers.

Miles, You won that shoot out, so you're up.....

Let's continue with a western theme.  Here are photos of the casts of some vintage western TV shows.  Can you identify the actors and actresses pictured, as well as the name of the show?   That last question referenced ten different westerns.    None of them will be answers to the first twenty photos following.  

1.     Dick Jones, Who Gave Voice to Disney's Pinocchio, Dies at 87 - The New York  Times

2.  Rin Tin Tin and the fate of the 20th century dog actor | School For The Dogs    

3.  Range Rider INDIAN WAR PARTY complete episode - YouTube 

4.   SATURDAY MORNINGS FOREVER: THE ROY ROGERS SHOW 

5.   Annie Oakley | Nostalgia Central 

6.   Gene Autry was my childhood idol. He is pictured with his sidekick Pat  Butrum. His theme song was "Back in the Saddle Aga… | Pat buttram, Tv  westerns, Movie stars 

7.    Pin by Daisy Dexter Dobbs on Vintage TV | Movie stars, Tv westerns, Old tv  shows 

8.    Death Valley Days" Little Washington (TV Episode 1953) - IMDb 

9.  BAT MASTERSON - COMPLETE TV SERIES - 108 EPISODES - 1958-61 - 27 DVDS! 

10.    Do You Remember... "Adventures of Kit Carson" 

11.  Expert Advice Hopalong Cassidy Books elektroelement.com.mk 

12.  THE RESTLESS GUN starring John Payne - Thomas Film Classics, your place for  classic and rare films on DVD. 

13.  Johnny Crawford - Wikidata 

14.     WESTERN TV SHOW RAWHIDE CLINT EASTWOOD, ERIC FLEMING & SHAB Glossy 8x10  Photo - $4.99 | PicClick

15.   The Awakening” (4:05) – Roberta Shore Leaves 'The Virginian' – The Virginian  Weblog 

16.  File:My friend flicka 1957.JPG - Wikimedia Commons 

17.    New Proof of 1955 Lone Ranger "Color" Origin Film Brings More Mysteries |  Lone ranger, Ranger, Old tv shows 

18.  Hugh O'Brian - Legend Of Wyatt Earp (1957) - YouTube 

19.  Laramie" The Runaway (TV Episode 1962) - IMDb 

20.  robert horton, ward bond, actors, classic, wagon train, television, series,  tv, retro, vintage, hollywood | Pikist 

Now, for bonus points, the men pictured below all starred in western shows for Warner Bros. in the late fifties and early sixties.  Can you name the actors and their shows?

21.  Westerns on television - Wikipedia 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

7.  The Cisco Kid with Duncan Renaldo and Lee Carrillo

17.  The Lone Ranger with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels

20.  Wagon Train with Ward Bond and Robert Horton.  

1. Range Rider and Buffalo Bill Jr. - Dickie Jones

2. Adventures of Rin Tin Tin -  James Brown and Lee Aaker

8.  Death Valley Days ( I think) - Stanley Andrews

12. The Restless Gun - John Payne

19. Laramie - Robert Fuller, John Smith, Spring Byington

**Miles, please credit Peebs with the Roy Rogers Show

Photo of Warner Bros. Western Stars - Right To Left

John Russell - Lawman, Wayde Preston- Colt 45, James Garner- Maverick,  Ty Hardin ( can't stand that b---ard) Bronco,  Jack Kelly- Maverick, Peter Brown - Lawman, Will Hutchins - Sugarfoot

Peebs, our posts crossed, so Ive removed the ones you posted but I think you're now posting ones I've already posted.Originally they were a minute apart but I edited my post and added the Warner Photos so the time lapse is greater.

11 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Peebs, our posts crossed, so Ive removed the ones you posted but I think you're now posting ones I've already posted.Originally they were a minute apart but I edited my post and added the Warner Photos so the time lapse is greater.

Hi Lav, I'm not adding anything that you also posted. 

I added #7. the Cisco Kidd replacing Roy Rogers.  Originally I had Roy Rogers, The Lone Ranger and Wagon Train posted.   

No big deal.  I'll cross out the ones we both answered. 🙂

7 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Hi Lav, I'm not adding anything that you also posted. 

I added #7. the Cisco Kidd replacing Roy Rogers.  Originally I had Roy Rogers, The Lone Ranger and Wagon Train posted.   

No big deal.  I'll cross out the ones we both answered. 🙂

NO, don't do that you beat me to it by a minute. Please don't remove your answers I've removed them :) OY! I deleted them awhile ago, but deletion didn't show up. I had edited the post and clicked on to the original post if you know what I mean. the site is not cooperating with me LOL. Repost your answers.

• Thanks 1

Wow, you folks are sailing through these!   I was going to post even more, but I got a bit tired and ended where I did.  Keeping score, I don't see anyone identifying  #6, #10, and #11 yet.  In order to alleviate confusion, #4 is Roy Rogers, Dale Evans, and Pat Brady, along with Pat's jeep, NELLYBELLE, in The Roy Rogers Show.   Dickie Jones, then billed as Dick Jones, was Buffalo Bill Jr. in #1.  That was the outfit that he always wore.  Dick Jones appears again with The Range Rider himself, Jack Mahoney, in #3.   He was later billed as Jock Mahoney. 

Here are some clues:

#6 starred one of the greatest movie singing cowboys of all time.  The fellow with the whiskers later was a regular on Green Acres.

#10  This fellow portrayed a legendary scout.  The star had a connection to The Perry Mason Show.

#11.  Another all time cowboy movie star.  He usually wore black and rode a white horse named Topper.  He portrayed the same character in countless movies before bringing the role to television.

5 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Both Peebs and I identified 4 correctly but Peebs post showed up first.

I understand.  Peebs gets the credit.

By the way, I meant to post this photo, but I forgot it.  Can you identify the actors and the show?

Pin on Old Time Radio 

The show was sponsored by Kellogg's Sugar Pops.  Sugar Pops Are Tops!

1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

I understand.  Peebs gets the credit.

By the way, I meant to post this photo, but I forgot it.  Can you identify the actors and the show?

Pin on Old Time Radio 

The show was sponsored by Kellogg's Sugar Pops.  Sugar Pops Are Tops!

"The Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok"

Bill Hickok is Guy Madison. 

His sidekick is Andy Devine as Jingles.

You are correct, Lavender.   I discovered that late last night and I intended to post about it this morning.    Thanks to Chaya, Peebs, Princess, and Lavender for playing.  As a group you got them all correct, and you know that there were lots of other westerns on TV in those years.  Maybe we'll get to some of them in the future.  This thread is all about reminiscing and I had fun just looking for the photos.  I hope you all had fun identifying them.  

Lavender got the most, so she gets the next turn.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1