Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

under weird proposed series pilots:

Producer Jay Ward & Sid Caesar were planning a (mid 60s)

half-hour sit-com about a midwestern dentist who inherits a European kingdom.

-proposed title??

:)

Thank you, mr6's

Ok. TV series..

Aired twice a week for its first two seasons and weekly for the third, this program was known for its upbeat theme music and camp moral lessons, which included championing the importance of using seat belts, doing homework and drinking milk among children.

That's right, Commissioner.

5ywxw8.jpg

Now it's your turn

A particular TV producer is best-known for brilliant '50s sitcom starring an actor who had triumphed on Broadway and been a solid supporting player in films. The same producer also produced a less successful early '60s sitcom set in NYC. The producer? The two sitcoms?

No research. Off the bat sounds like Phil Silvers Sgt Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) the other maybe Car 54 Where Are you? and both created and produced by Nat Hiken???? ( btw- thought Car 54 and Phil Sivers Show were among the 2 funniest to have shown up ever on tv imo)

No research. Off the bat sounds like Phil Silvers Sgt Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) the other maybe Car 54 Where Are you? and both created and produced by Nat Hiken???? ( btw- thought Car 54 and Phil Sivers Show were among the 2 funniest to have shown up ever on tv imo)

Correct. Your turn.

Long running tv show, showed up on tv on Sat and Sundays. Began in the late 1950's. One of the hosts (the show had a few) went on to another long running tv show. Name the tv show that showed up on the week-ends and that famous host?? 

Could it be the "G.E. College Bowl"?  It was hosted by Allen Ludden for several years.  He left to host the game show "Password", and Robert Earle took over hosting duties of the College Bowl.  Allen Ludden, who had at one time been a newscaster at WTIC radio in Hartford, would marry actress Betty White. 

Of course Miles. 100% correct on all counts. I remember watching this show faithfully, sure you did too. Next to Jeorpardy the only 2 game shows that I can say I always watched.. Alan Ludden by all accounts was a very kind and intelligent man. A very sad loss when he passed away. He and Betty made a lovely couple.

Thanks and your turn Miles :)

If you are of a certain age, you probably heard this little prayer almost every day.

"God is great.  God is good.  Let us thank him for our food.   Amen"

Can you name the TV show that this is from?

That's the show.  If you can remember "Romper Room", then you are no kid, Kid.  I, of course, am too young to remember that show.  I must have heard about it from my parents, or was it my grandparents?  The big question now, Kid, is were you a Do Bee or a Don't Bee?  I really don't know, but judging from what you've been doing lately, I would bet that you were a Busy Bee.  Don't you ever sleep?  If you're awake, you can ask the next question.  

LOL! Well, I was mezmerized by that darn Magic Mirror of hers, which made me forget almost everything - like in Men in Black.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we go..

This show first appeared in 1951 as a 12 minute sketch on a variety show and was immediately popular. The star of this sketch then took it on the road in 1952 for live performances.

CBS bought the variety show and renamed it after the star of the sketch, adding a new actress to the sketch to take over for the original female lead who left the show due to it's grueling schedule.

The hour-long format of the variety show proved too long, that's when

this sketch was spun off as it's own show.

Name the variety show - name it's spin-off show

The closing song in the "Sing Along With Mitch" TV show was always the same.  It was a popular instrumental piece that had words added long after it had been written.  Can you name the original instrumental piece and, to show that you really know your stuff, can you tell us the words?