3 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

1.  Stanley Livingston - My Three Sons. 

3.  Noreen Corcoran - Bachelor Father

6.  Tommy Rettig - Lassie

7.  Billy Mumy - Lost In Space

8. Jerry Mathers - Leave It To Beaver

9.  Ron Howard - The Andy Griffith Shpw

10. Patty McCormick - Peck's Bad Girl

Lav, all correct except #3. Here it says we're looking for a male actor. You may want to check your numbering again.

We still need#2.

This young actor also appeared in films with David Niven and Deborah Kerr.

The short lived sitcom that he co-starred in was produced by Desilu, as Desi had originally intended for it to star Vivian Vance.

The movie actress who eventually starred in the sitcom was also well known for co-starring in two legendary western classics of the 1940s.

13 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Yes, just numbered incorrectly. Wrote 3 instead of 5 obviously, since 3 was about an actor not an actrees, that's what you get at 7am LOL

5. Noreen Cororan - Bachelor Father

We had pretty good participation on this one.

Thanks to Peebs, Shutoo and Lav for playing.

And Lav gets the thread for a score of 7/10.

• Like 1

Some film actors and actresses also had succesful tv shows they starred in the classic time period. Name at least 3 actors or actresses ( listing both actors and actresses to make a total of 3 is ok) and their 3 tv shows (or more but not less than 3 tv shows) from 1950's thru 1970's they starred or co-starred in. Partial answers are acceptable for this question, the one who correctly names the most, wins the thread ???????

I can think of quite a few.  

Lucille Ball - I Love Lucy, The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy

Robert Young - Father Knows Best. Window On Main Street, Marcus Welby M. D.

Ann Sothern - Private Secretary, The Ann Sothern Show, My Mother The Car (voice only)

Ray Milland - The Ray Milland Show (also known as Meet Mr. McNulty), Markham

Henry Fonda - The Deputy, The Smith Family

James Stewart - The Jimmy Stewart Show, Hawkins

Robert Stack - The Untouchables, The Name Of The Game

Jackie Cooper - The People's Choice, Hennessey

Mickey Rooney - The Mickey Rooney Show, Mickey

Peter Lawford - Dear Phoebe, The Thin Man

Jean Arthur - The Jean Arthur Show

Betty Hutton - The Betty Hutton Show

Doris Day - The Doris Day Show

Ann Sheridan - Pistols 'N'  Petticoats

Abbott And Costello - The Abbott And Costello Show

Rock Hudson - McMillan And Wife

Bing Crosby - The Bing Crosby Show

Gene Kelly - Going My Way

Fred MacMurray - My Three Sons

Ida Lupino and Howard Duff - Mr. Adams And Eve

John Payne - The Restless Gun

Gene Autry - The Gene Autry Show

Roy Rogers - The Roy Rogers Show

William Boyd - Hopalong Cassidy

This list does not include minor film actors and actresses like Eve Arden, Gale Storm, Stuart Erwin, Buddy Ebsen, and Eddie Albert, who all starred in TV series.  It also does not include stars that had their own variety shows like Red Skelton, Jimmy Durante, Martha Raye, and Dean Martin, or stars that hosted anthology series like Ronald Reagan, Jane Wyman, Dick Powell, and June Allyson.  

Miles, thank you for such an extensive list. I did ask for 3 tv shows for each actor or actress. Your first 3, answers the question. Lucy, Robert Young and Ann Sothern each had 3 shows. Many movie actors and actress had 2 shows but 3 successful shows was special.

To add to your 3,  I would add  1)  David Janseen for Harry O,  The Fugitive and Richard Diamond. 2)  Bill Bixby for The Incredible Hulk, The Courtship of Eddie's Father and My Favorite Martian and 3)  Robert Wagner for It Takes A Thief,  Switch and Hart To Hart

Thank You for answering the question and your list. Good work and it's your thread, ;)

Over the years many entertainers were known for their theme songs.  Sometimes it was a song that they introduced in a show or movie.  Sometimes it was one that they had a hit with or it was written for them.  Sometimes the title just fit them.  Here is a list of well known entertainers.   Can you name their theme songs?  There may be some disagreement on some because they had many hits.  Let's see how many you can come up with.

1.  Bob Hope

2.  Jack Benny

3.  Danny Thomas

4.  Doris Day

5.  Judy Garland

6.  Bing Crosby

7.  Frank Sinatra

8.  Roy Rogers

9.  Gene Autry

10.  Steve Allen

11.  Glenn Miller

12.  Tommy Dorsey

13.  Groucho Marx

14.  Buddy Hackett

15.  Frances Langford

16.  Tony Bennett

17.  Dean Martin

18.  Milton Berle

19.  Ethel Merman

20.  George Burns and Gracie Allen

• Like 1

1. Bob Hope - Thanks for the Memories

2. Jack Benny - Love In Bloom

3. Danny Thomas - Danny Boy

4. Doris Day - Que Sera, Sera

5. Judy - maybe-  Somewhere Over the Rainbow?

7. Frank Sinatra - take your pick  - New York, New York or I did It My Way

13. Groucho Marx - Horray For Captain Spaulding

16. Tony Bennett - I Left My Heart In San Francisco

17. Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody

20 George Burns and Gracie - Love Nest

Very good so far, everyone.  I mentioned in my question that there could be some disagreements here.  Some artists changed theme songs over the years.  Most people, I think, would agree that Frank Sinatra's theme song became "My Way", although it was fairly late in his career.

While "Hooray For Hollywood" was featured in the 1937 movie "Hollywood Hotel" and was sung by Frances Langford with the entire Benny Goodman band, most of the solo work on that song was done by Johnny "Scat" Davis.  Frances Langford had introduced the song "I'm In The Mood For Love" in the 1935 movie "Every Night At Eight" and that became her signature song.    

Ethel Merman was indeed known for the song "I Got Rhythm" which she sang in her first Broadway show, "Girl Crazy" in 1930, but some years later she did the show "Annie Get Your Gun" where she had a big hit with "There's No Business Like Show Business" and that became her new theme song.  She even starred in a movie with that same title.

"Hooray For Captain Spaulding" was featured in the Marx Brothers 1930 movie "Animal Crackers" and it became Groucho's theme song that he used on his quiz show "You Bet Your Life".  Groucho was also closely associated with the song "Lydia The Tattooed Lady", which he sang in the 1939 movie "At The Circus". 

We still need theme songs for Buddy Hackett and Gene Autry.  Here's a hint for Buddy Hackett.  His theme song was the same as that of actor/bandleader Buddy Rogers.  Hmm, I wonder what they had in common.

When Gene Autry had his own radio show in the 1940's, he used a song that he had sung in the movie "Rovin' Tumbleweeds" as his theme song.  That became his theme song for the rest of his career, including his TV series in the 1950's.  The song was also the title of his autobiography.

Can you name the theme songs for Buddy and Gene?    

I'm surprised that no one has gotten Buddy Hackett's theme music.  When he came on stage or was introduced on a TV show, the band always played the tune that actor turned bandleader Buddy Rogers had used as his own theme song years before.  The song is "My Buddy" which is an old standard from the twenties that has been recorded by many singers over the years.   Here is a slow version by Doris Day that includes some photos of some well known screen teams.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this question.  It looks like  Lavender got the greatest number correct, so she gets to go next.

• Thanks 2

Here's a quick one, out of curiosity to see if anyone was paying attention to a question posted before this in another thread, who was this iconic actor/singer's first screen kiss. Actor and actress who shared that kiss and the film ???

1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

Gloria DeHaven gave Frank Sinatra his first screen kiss in the 1944 film "Step Lively".

Frank Sinatra kisses Gloria DeHaven | Gloria dehaven, Frank sinatra, Sinatra 

Gloria DeHaven dies at age 91 | Daily Mail Online 

Thank You Miles. Yes Gloria DeAHaven gave Frank his first screen kiss  in Step Lively.

Good work and sending you a kiss too. Your thread 💋

Thanks Lavender.  That kiss really made my day, especially since I was rained out of golf for the second week in a row.  Here's one for you.  💋

Now, when producer Paul Henning was casting for "The Beverly Hillbillies", he eventually cast Irene Ryan as Granny, but she had not been his first choice.  Initially he offered the role to another veteran actress who had been a radio actress for years and had also been a regular on a fifties TV sitcom, playing a friend of the show's stars.  She couldn't play Granny because she had already committed  to work on another show that was just starting.  When she saw Irene Ryan's audition, she told Henning "You've found your Granny".  Who was this veteran actress?    

10 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

Thanks Lavender.  That kiss really made my day, especially since I was rained out of golf for the second week in a row.  Here's one for you.  💋

Now, when producer Paul Henning was casting for "The Beverly Hillbillies", he eventually cast Irene Ryan as Granny, but she had not been his first choice.  Initially he offered the role to another veteran actress who had been a radio actress for years and had also been a regular on a fifties TV sitcom, playing a friend of the show's stars.  She couldn't play Granny because she had already committed  to work on another show that was just starting.  When she saw Irene Ryan's audition, she told Henning "You've found your Granny".  Who was this veteran actress?    

Bea Benadaret

You are correct, Princess.  Bea Benaderet was a very busy character actress in radio and in the 1950's, she played neighbor Blanche Morton on the "Burns And Allen" TV show.   She couldn't play Granny on "The Beverly Hillbillies" because she had already agreed to provide the voice of Betty Rubble on a new show called "The Flintstones".  However, she was a "Granny" many times before.  She provided the voice of "Granny" in many Tweety Bird cartoons in the forties and fifties.  She was in a few episodes of "The Beverly Hillbillies" as Cousin Pearl, the mother of Jethro.  Eventually she was cast as Kate Bradley in the spin-off series "Petticoat Junction".  

a c t r e s s b e a b e n a d e r e t - ZoneAlarm Results 

Nice work, Princess.  You get to go next.  

• Thanks 1