Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Never mind. I think I figured it out. The Millionaire was the tv show. The producer was Don Fedderson. Family Affair and My Three Sons are also hits he produced. His wife was Tido Fedderson. Her 1 film credit was The Ten Commandments. Their son was Mike Minor using his mom's maiden name of Minor. He was Steve on Petticoat Junction ????????????????

• Like 1
13 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Never mind. I think I figured it out. The Millionaire was the tv show. The producer was Don Fedderson. Family Affair and My Three Sons are also hits he produced. His wife was Tido Fedderson. Her 1 film credit was The Ten Commandments. Their son was Mike Minor using his mom's maiden name of Minor. He was Steve on Petticoat Junction ????????????????

You got it!  Sorry for the obscure question...I happened upon it when I was looking up something I was curious about regarding the show...here's Tido's 1958 TV Guide article:                                                                                                                                                       1958 TV Guide(TIDO FEDDERSON/ALAN DARY/JEROME COURTLAND/DAVID NIVEN/DEAN  MARTIN | eBay

another bit of useless trivia:  the 'millionaire' got his name from her home town of Tipton, Missouri

Your thread, Lavenderblue!

• Like 1

Thanks, shutoo

next

This popular comedy tv show in the classic time period changed it's cast ( not the star though) and location and story line during it's long run. Some of the cast members were familiar faces from other shows and some went on to the other shows that were hits. Tv show and the star??

The first thing that comes to mind is "The Joey Bishop Show".  Before he had a late night talk show on ABC, Joey Bishop had a sitcom.  In the first season he plays Joey Barnes who works for a Los Angeles public relations firm.  He lives with his widowed mother, played by Madge Blake, as well as a younger brother, Warren Berlinger, and younger sister, Marlo Thomas, whose father Danny was one of the show's producers.

For the second season the whole show was revamped.  Now, Joey Barnes is a New York TV talk show host.  He's married and his wife was played by Abby Dalton, who had previously been a regular on "Hennesey" with Jackie Cooper.  Joe Besser, a former member of "The Three Stooges" was Mr. Jillson, a goofy building superintendent.  Comedian Guy Marks played Joey's manager.  He left the show and was replaced by comedian Corbett Monica as Joey's head writer.   The show started out on NBC, but later was cancelled and it was picked up by CBS, which already had some shows produced by Danny Thomas, like "The Andy Griffith Show" and "The Dick Van Dyke Show".

Thanks, Lavender.  That was an easy one since that series has been shown on one of the retro channels recently.

Now, a veteran actor who had a recurring role on a long running western TV series, had played the Frankenstein monster in three movies.  Can you name the actor and the TV show?  Bonus points for naming the three movies where he put on the monster make-up.

2 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I'll hold off for another day, waiting for someone else to answer.

I've been holding off too waiting for someone else to answer.

I know there are other people on here who are able to participate. But people do get busy.

2 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I've been holding off too waiting for someone else to answer.

I know there are other people on here who are able to participate. But people do get busy.

It's interesting because I knew it was Sonja Henie in the husband and wife but because I did the one before I wanted someone else to answer same with this retro question. If no one else answers, you should take it Princess, I did the one before. 

• Thanks 1
On 6/11/2021 at 8:44 AM, MilesArcher said:

Thanks, Lavender.  That was an easy one since that series has been shown on one of the retro channels recently.

Now, a veteran actor who had a recurring role on a long running western TV series, had played the Frankenstein monster in three movies.  Can you name the actor and the TV show?  Bonus points for naming the three movies where he put on the monster make-up.

Glenn Strange put that Frankenstein make-up in Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein, Hoiuse of Dracula and House of Frankenstein. He had a recurring role in Gunsmoke

That's correct, Lavender.  Here's a little more trivia.  In "Abbott And Costello" Meet Frankenstein", Glenn Strange was supposed to throw Dracula's assistant, played by Lenore Aubert, through a plate glass window, but he had a bad back and couldn't perform the stunt.  Lon Chaney Jr, , who was playing The Wolfman in the film, volunteered to put on the monster make-up and throw the stunt woman through the window.  Strange and Chaney were old buddies and Chaney had also played the Frankenstein monster previously.   Here is the scene:

Glenn Strange was in literally hundreds of movies and TV shows.  In the three-part series opener for "The Lone Ranger" TV series, he played Butch Cavendish, the leader of the outlaw gang who ambushed the rangers in the canyon, leaving them all for dead.  Of course, one survived.

Strange Glenn - Memoires de guerre

And here he is as Sam the bartender on Gunsmoke .

Glenn Strange | Tv stars, Tv westerns, Actors

Nice work, Lavender.  The thread is yours.

This  drama tv show in the classic time period had an interesting and excellent cast. 4 out of the 5 main roles were played by actors who had family members who were famous in their own right. Another actor who had a famous relative  showed up on the show in a recurring role This was a highly  regarded  tv show.

TV show, name the 4 in the cast plus the one with the recurring role and their relatives and the relationships ????????????

I believe the show was "Family", which started in the mid-seventies.  Sada Thompson played the mother and James Broderick played the father.  He was the father of actor Matthew Broderick.  Meredith Baxter played the oldest daughter, Nancy.  She is the daughter of actress Whitney Blake.  Gary Frank played the son, Willie.  He was the son-in-law of Oscar winning film composer Lionel Newman.  Kristy McNichol  played the younger daughter, Buddy.  Her real life brother Jimmy McNichol was also a juvenile actor.   In a recurring role as Meredith Baxter's ex-husband was John Rubinstein, who was the son of world famous concert pianist Artur Rubinstein.  John was also a talented musician and composer.  He composed some of the theme music for the show.

45 Family Tv Show 1976-1980 ideas | family tv, kristy mcnichol, family tv  series 

• Like 1

I've got some more of those 'oh, what is their name..?.' clips for you to ID...actors that were in multiple classic tv shows...sometimes as regulars, sometimes just once...but they all have a lot of screen credits (most have over 100)...just their name...you don't have to name the show the clip is from, unless you want to

1. 9todS3.gif

2. FMqjm7.gif

3. 8UZCrL.gif

4. PUHil9.gif

5. Q0PslI.gif

6. -FTEil.gif

7. gM8HAR.gif

8. eEF2hP.gif

9. YZrLzi.gif

10. TVx1Nl.gif

11. cOeJyG.gif

12. HvhTgF.gif

13. RiORBV.gif

14. ptfo8X.gif

15. mV1JET.gif

1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I guess I'm out on this question. Don't know how Princess and Chaya got to see the photos but when I click on the sites, the photos will not show up

I'm not sure why...I hit the edit button and they all came back up...can you see them now?