Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

14 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

Now, #6 shows up.  That's Adam Williams, one of the bad guys in "North By Northwest".

Yah!  I always think of him as the dopey brother on the Twilight Zone episode about the camera...the pic is from Thriller

still not guessed:  3, 5, 9, 10, 12, 13

1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

#13 just showed up.  Is it Jesslyn Fax?  

Sure is..she was Mrs. Davis's sister on Our Miss Brooks, and my previous 'scrunching' observation was from the film Desk Set

Jesslyn Fax of course, I could hear her voice all day today but could not remember what she was in. She was the one who sat on the lounge chair and said hello to Raymond Burr and he was nasty to her. I haven't seen Our Miss Brooks in years, hasn't been shown here in re-run. Glad that one is solved, I was going nuts trying to remember.

3 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

i think we're going to need clues for the remaining 4. Thanks

okay:

3. In one of his most famous films, she plays a neighbor of Jack Lemmon...and she doesn't like him much;  she has a lot of tv credits, and was added as a regular in the first season of a late 60's comedy, playing the cook/housekeeper (named Juanita) of the star.

9. As I said before, sci fi fans seem to recognize her for a one time part on a very well known series...she had roles in everything from Ben Casey to The Monkees;  I mentioned her 'eerie' Twilight Zone role...she plays two people...well, sort of...i

10.  Again, a lot of tv credits...numerous stints on Perry Mason, I Dream of Jeannie; and he popped up a few times as a co-worker of a very tall, scary looking guy.  He was also a co-worker of Doris Day in an early 60's film

12.  I'm sure you've seen this lady.  With over 200 credits, she did one or two stints on dozens of shows...the one with a recurring role had her playing a somewhat 'proper' neighbor lady in a popular early 60s comedy named for the  blonde star.  I think I also mentioned she was in one of my favorite Mary Tyler Moore episodes...

7 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

3. Naomi Stevens

ooo, good! I thought she might be the 'stopper'!  The pic is from Kraft Suspense Theatre;  she was Lemmon's disapproving neighbor in The Apartment, and did the cooking on The Doris Day Show for most of season one.

17 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

10. Chet Stratton - he's another one I;ve seen lots of times, just took forever to remember, thanks for the clue

you're on a roll!  the pic is from Alfred Hitchcock Presents, but he was a co-worker of Herman Munster; and Doris Day's co-worker in Lover Come Back (the guy with the lilac kitchen floor..)

36 minutes ago, shutoo said:

you're on a roll!  the pic is from Alfred Hitchcock Presents, but he was a co-worker of Herman Munster; and Doris Day's co-worker in Lover Come Back (the guy with the lilac kitchen floor..)

Yes, that's how I figured it out, Leonard with the lilac kitchen  floor. 

• Haha 1

9. is Arlene Martel (it looked like her I just wasn't sure, the clue helped), I know her for her reoccurring role Tiger on Hogan's Heroes (and seeing her on The Monkees too)

• Like 1

shutto, I've tried for a couple of days to get 12. I know I've have seen her many times but just can't remember. If you mean the blonde stars name is in the title, I've thought about Ann Sothern, Glynis Johns, Inger Stevens , Dinah and  June Allyson didn't have sit coms. Is it one of these? Maybe time to give another helpful hint or wrap this one up . Thanks

• Like 1

shutto, I've tried for a couple of days to get 12. I know I've have seen her many times but just can't remember. If you mean the blonde stars name is in the title, I've thought about Ann Sothern, Betty Hutton, Glynis Johns, Inger Stevens , Dinah and  June Allyson didn't have sit coms. Is it one of these? Maybe time to give another helpful hint or wrap this one up . Thanks

shutto, I've tried for a couple of days to get 12. I know I've have seen her many times but just can't remember. If you mean the blonde stars name is in the title, I've thought about Ann Sothern, Glynis Johns, Inger Stevens , Dinah and  June Allyson didn't have sit coms. Is it one of these? Maybe time to give another helpful hint or wrap this one up . Thanks

You're assuming the blonde star is female...and when I said named for the star, could've been the lead character (like--Columbo is named for the star) that was confusing, I apologize

Irene Tedrow on Dennis the Menace?? She played a Congresswoman on MTM?

YES!  The pic is from The Real McCoys.

Despite all the image snafus, lavenderblue wins this round, and gets the next post.

I'll start working on finding some even tougher scenes..kidding!!🙄

• Thanks 1

Thanks Shutoo

next

This character actor was popular on the radio and then appeared on hit tv shows. Easily recognizable since he was frequently cast in very popular tv shows. He was offered a role in one of the most iconic tv shows in the classic time period but had to turn it down since he was already cast in another popular show. He did get to work many times with the star of the show he had to turn down. He replaced another actor in another popular tv show.

Actor, what tv show did he have to turn down and the role and the tv show he did instead, What tv show did he replace an actor in, who did he get to work with many times and name the tv shows the 2 were together in ????????????????????????

Gale Gordon was Lucille Ball's first choice for Fred Mertz.

He had appeared on her radio program "My Favorite Husband".

He had to turn "I Love Lucy" down because he was already working on Eve Arden's TV show, "Our Miss Brooks" in the role of Mr Conklin, the principal.

Even though Gordon was not a regular on "I Love Lucy",  he appeared twice as Ricky's boss, the owner of the Tropicana.

When the actor playing Mr Wilson died on TV's "Dennis the Menace", Gale Gordon stepped into the plot, playing Mr Wilson's brother.

Lucy eventually got Gordon to work with her on "The Lucy Show", where he played Mr Mooney.

He also appeared on two other of her TV sitcoms, "Here's Lucy" and "Life with Lucy".

13 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Thanks Shutoo

next

This character actor was popular on the radio and then appeared on hit tv shows. Easily recognizable since he was frequently cast in very popular tv shows. He was offered a role in one of the most iconic tv shows in the classic time period but had to turn it down since he was already cast in another popular show. He did get to work many times with the star of the show he had to turn down. He replaced another actor in another popular tv show.

Actor, what tv show did he have to turn down and the role and the tv show he did instead, What tv show did he replace an actor in, who did he get to work with many times and name the tv shows the 2 were together in ????????????????????????

• Like 1

Gale Gordon is the guy Princess. Baby Boomers saw a lot of him on tv. Funny guy. Wonder if Gale Gordon would have been as funny as William Frawley as Fred Mertz. I think I'm glad it turned out the way he did although Gale Gordon was an excellent character actor. Good work and quick Princess, your thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Next:

MGM did a lot of recycling of their movie hits for the big screen.

When television came along they did the same thing for the small screen.

See if you can match the MGM classic TV show and cast with the description of the original  movie.

1) Upscale married couple solve mysteries with the help of their pet.

2) Typical middle class girl gets engaged and wants to have a nice family wedding.

3) An adolescent girl gets involved with horse racing.

4) A  boy has a warm relationship with his well- trained dog. 

5) A young medical doctor practices his internship in a city hospital.

6) An English professor enjoys life in suburbia with his columnist wife and their four sons.

For those extra brownie points you can also list the original movie cast.