Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1. The Thin Man - Peter Lawford and Phyllis Kirk mas Nick and Nora Charles and Asta. Movie was William Powell and Myrna Loy

4. Lassie - Tommy Rettig and then Jon Provost and Lassie- movie- Roddy McDowell played the role - Lassie Come Home

5. Dr. Kildare- Richard Chamberlain and Raymond Massey - the movie Lew Ayres and Lionel Barrymore

I'll leave the rest

• Like 2

2.  Father  of  the  Bride- Leon  Ames , Ruth  Warrick  and  Myrna Fahey   the  movie  Spencer  Tracy, Joan  Bennett  and  Elizabeth  Taylor                                                                                                   6.  Please  Don't  Eat  the  Daises  Pat  Crowley  and  Mark  Miller   the  movie  Doris  Day  and  David  Niven                                                                              

#3  National Velvet  -Movie starred Elizabeth Taylor, Mickey Rooney, Ann Revere and Donald Crisp.  The TV series starred Lori Martin,  James McCallion, Ann Doran, and Arthur Space. 

• Like 1
On 7/7/2021 at 6:47 AM, lavenderblue19 said:

1. The Thin Man - Peter Lawford and Phyllis Kirk mas Nick and Nora Charles and Asta. Movie was William Powell and Myrna Loy

4. Lassie - Tommy Rettig and then Jon Provost and Lassie- movie- Roddy McDowell played the role - Lassie Come Home

5. Dr. Kildare- Richard Chamberlain and Raymond Massey - the movie Lew Ayres and Lionel Barrymore

I'll leave the rest

Thanks to everybody who played.

Glad we were able to wrap this up and I hope you had some fun. 

Lav, You're the Queen for a Day on this question because you got more right than anybody else.

Lav, It's your turn.

This actor was a radio performer, appeared on Broadway, in films and probably most known for his tv work. He had an almost 50 year career in entertainment. He was in Disney films and had a recurring role on a very popular and long running classic tv comedy and a "role" in another popular tv show besides all the guest apprearances in comedies, dramas, game shows. Actor and at least 2 tv shows he was known for and extra forthe Broadway show he was in and the Disney productions ?????????????

You know that I love these questions with extra credit.  I think that the answer is Hans Conried.  He had the recurring role as Uncle Tonoose on "The Danny Thomas Show" and he was a voice actor on "The Rocky And Bullwinkle Show" providing the voice of Snidely Whiplash in the Dudley Do-Right cartoons among others.  He was also a regular panelist on "Pantomime Quiz".   For Disney, he voiced Captain Hook and Mr. Darling in "Peter Pan".  He also did voice work in "Sleeping Beauty".  He appeared on Broadway in "Can-Can", as well as "70 Girls, 70" and "Irene".

Hans Conried 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MilesArcher said:

You know that I love these questions with extra credit.  I think that the answer is Hans Conried.  He had the recurring role as Uncle Tonoose on "The Danny Thomas Show" and he was a voice actor on "The Rocky And Bullwinkle Show" providing the voice of Snidely Whiplash in the Dudley Do-Right cartoons among others.  He was also a regular panelist on "Pantomime Quiz".   For Disney, he voiced Captain Hook and Mr. Darling in "Peter Pan".  He also did voice work in "Sleeping Beauty".  He appeared on Broadway in "Can-Can", as well as "70 Girls, 70" and "Irene".

Hans Conried 

Correct Miles. Hans Conried. Funny, very intelligent and talented man. You get the extra credit, since it's summer, a loaded with everything on it ice cream sundae is on it's way to you. Excellent work and it's your thread.

• Like 1

Thanks, Lavender.  I'm still waiting for that ice cream.

Now, this next person's clues sound almost like Hans Conried's.  This actor had close to a sixty year career in show biz, starting in the 1920's where he helped introduce some of Rodgers and Hart's early hits like "Mountain Greenery" and "Manhattan".  He actually appeared in a couple of silent films before becoming a very busy character actor in movies in the early 1930's.  Many of those films have been shown on TCM over the years.  Even though he had been a singer on Broadway, most of his movie work were non-singing, comedic roles with an occasional dramatic part.  He had a rather unique voice and became much in demand for voice work for Disney in movies like "Dumbo" and "Bambi".  In the 1940's he appeared in several Gene Autry westerns and in the fifties he had a recurring role on a popular TV sitcom.  In the sixties he was a regular cast member of another sitcom that only lasted one season.  However, he continued to do voices for Disney and in the sixties and seventies, he became associated with one Disney character that he will always be remembered for.  Can you name him, as well as one of his TV sitcoms and his most famous Disney character?

I was thinking Sterling Holloway, but I can't think of regular series..I  remember some singular roles..salesman who doesn't want to be pushy in Mayberry, fellow who played the organ at night in That Girl, tv repair guy in Twilight Zone, professor on Superman.  I would look it up, but for some reason IMDb isn't loading well for me today.

• Like 1

Yes, it's Sterling Holloway.  He was Waldo, a neighbor, in "The Life Of Riley".  He was also on "The Baileys Of Balboa" in the mid-60's.  He is best known as the voice of Winnie The Pooh.  In the forties, he was in five movies with Gene Autry, supplying comic relief.  In two of them his character's name was Droopy.   He played the frog in Paramount's star-studded production of "Alice In Wonderland" in 1933.  Later, he voiced the Chesire Cat in Disney's animated version in 1951.   1933 was a busy year for him with appearances in "Gold Diggers Of 1933", "Elmer The Great", "Wild Boys Of The Road", and many other films.  

Sterling Holloway - Wikipedia  

Good work, Shutoo.  You're up next.

• Like 1

This  Star  came  from a  musical  family,  his  dad  renowned  concert violinist  and  mother  an  opera  singer. He  served  in World  War Two  in Europe  as a  platoon  leader.  He  received  an  Bronx  Star  and  Purple  Heart  for his  service .  He  made  his  motion  picture  debut in  House of  Strangers  1949 . He  was with  Warner  Brothers  and  had   an recurring  role  in  the  tv  show  Maverick. This  star  was  very  successful  on  television  and  had  two  hit  tv  shows. One  of his  shows  was  an  Quinn  Martin  Production. This star  was  in   a  very  popular  thriller  movie  in  the  decade  of the  Sixties. The  star  daughter  has  a  hit tv show  on  her own  and  the  star  has  recurring  role  on  that  show.  Please  name  this  star  Thanks

That  is  the  correct  answer.  Another highlight  in  Efrem  Zimbalist  Jr  film  career  was  the  movie  Wait  Until  Dark  1967  with  Audrey Hepburn,  Alan  Arkin  and  Richard  Crenna.  Good  work,  the  thread  is  yours.  Thanks

Thanks

next

The star of this classic  long running comedy tv show's brother wrote more than half of the episodes for the show. He also wrote screenplays for films and other tv shows and produced. He was also a musician like his famous brother. The tv show that starred his brother, and who were these 2 talented brothers???  Extra for some of the films he wrote and co-wrote  screenplays for and other tv shows he wrote for ????????

I think it's Don Nelson, brother of Ozzie.  He wrote, or co-wrote, over 200 episodes of The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet,  and also has writing credits for The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Julia, Bridget Loves Bernie..   ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shutoo said:

I think it's Don Nelson, brother of Ozzie.  He wrote, or co-wrote, over 200 episodes of The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet,  and also has writing credits for The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Julia, Bridget Loves Bernie..   ?

Don Nelson, Ozzie's brother and The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet is the tv show. He also wrote Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo, Gus, No Deposit No Return all Disney films. Good work Shutoo, your thread

thanks lavenderblue.  I know how everyone just loves (🙄) my little clip quizzes, so... this one I call "start standing"..all of these fellows started as stand--up comics...all appeared on variety shows, and all had acting parts in film/and/or tv.  I really hope you can see them all this time!

1. Animated GIF

2. yf8f5N.gif

3. Animated GIF

4. l-dQdJ.gif

5. Animated GIF

6. 7oaBvn.gif

7. Animated GIF

8. Animated GIF

9. W7UmrL.gif

10. Animated GIF

• Like 1