Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

4 minutes ago, cinemaman said:

Star  Trek  Original  Series,  please  name  the  stars  who  played  Romulans  and  Klingons.                                                                                                                                                                                                       

1.  Balance  of  Terror:  Romulan  Commander?  Decius?   The  Centurion?     

2.  Errand  of  Mercy:   Kor?   Klingon  Lieutenant?   

3.  Friday's  Child:   Kras?                                                             

4. The  Trouble  With  Tribbles:  Koloth?   Korax?   

5.  A  Private  Little  War:  Krell?   

6.  The  Enterprise  Incident:  Romulan  Commander?  Tal?                                                                                       

7.  Day  of  the  Dove:   Kang?  Mara?   

8.  The Savage  Curtain:  Kahless?                                                                    

1.  Mark Lenard as Romulan Commander, Lawrence Montaigne as Decius, and John Warburton as The Centurion.

3.  Tige Andrews 

(Full disclosure, I looked these up.  While the faces were familiar, I needed help with the names.)

• Like 1

2.  John Coliers as Kor, Walt Davis(?) as Klingon Lieutenant

4.  William Campbell as Koloth, Michael Pataki as Korax

5.  Ned Romero as Krell

6.  Joanne Linville as Romulan Commander, Jack Donner as Tal

7.  Michael Ansara as Kang, Susan Howard as Mara

8.  Bob (Robert) Herron as Kahless

Like Peebs, this was mostly a test of my ability to use imdb.com.   It lists Walt Davis only as a "Klingon soldier," so I'm guessing he's somehow identifiable as a lieutenant (either via costume or dialogue).

• Like 1

Thanks  to  Peebs,  Fausterlitz   and   Chaya  Bat  Woof  Woof   Here  is  the  answer  sheet.   1.  Mark  Lenard (Here  Comes  the Brides)  Lawrence  Montaigne  (  The  Great  Escape)  John  Warburton  (  Saratoga  Trunk)    2.  John  Colicos  (  Anne  of  Thousand  Days)   Victor  Lundin  (  Robinson  Crusoe on Mars)   3.  Tige  Andrews  (  Mod  Squad)   4.  William  Campbell   (  The High   and  the Mighty)  Michael  Pataki  (  Easy  Rider)   5.  Ned  Romero  (  Dan  August)    6.  Joanne  Linville  (  Scorpio)   Jack  Donner  (  Imaginary  Heroes)  7.  Michael  Ansara   (  The  Commancheros)    Susan  Howard  (  Dallas)   8. Bob  Herron  (  Oklahoma  Crude).  I  hope  people  had  a good time  with  this  question. I'm  leaving this thread  open .  Thanks  Again

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, cinemaman said:

Thanks  to  Peebs,  Fausterlitz   and   Chaya  Bat  Woof  Woof   Here  is  the  answer  sheet.   1.  Mark  Lenard (Here  Comes  the Brides)  Lawrence  Montaigne  (  The  Great  Escape)  John  Warburton  (  Saratoga  Trunk)    2.  John  Colicos  (  Anne  of  Thousand  Days)   Victor  Lundin  (  Robinson  Crusoe on Mars)   3.  Tige  Andrews  (  Mod  Squad)   4.  William  Campbell   (  The High   and  the Mighty)  Michael  Pataki  (  Easy  Rider)   5.  Ned  Romero  (  Dan  August)    6.  Joanne  Linville  (  Scorpio)   Jack  Donner  (  Imaginary  Heroes)  7.  Michael  Ansara   (  The  Commancheros)    Susan  Howard  (  Dallas)   8. Bob  Herron  (  Oklahoma  Crude).  I  hope  people  had  a good time  with  this  question. I'm  leaving this thread  open .  Thanks  Again

Cinema, Could you please name a winner here?

And it's up to the winner to decide what the next step will be with this thread.

40 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Fausterlitz, would you like to post the next question/quiz?

My apologies, Peebs--I prepared a long, detailed question earlier today that got accidentally deleted.  Then I checked and saw that the same person I was planning to use (Joe Franklin) has already been used as a subject twice before in this thread.  So...am currently working on an entirely different quiz, but one that will take a lot of youtube watching + researching on my part first.

So if anyone else has something ready to go (e.g., yourself), please feel free.  Which I guess means: OPEN THREAD 🙂

• Like 1

No apologies needed! I quoted you just in case you didn't see cinemaman's last post.  I know I sometimes lose track of threads but that's probably just me.  (Apologies for being a bit of a noodge...)

Next:  

Here's a quick one.  Can you identify the TV show by the car?

1.  Ford Model A in "Father Knows Best" | Ford models, Father knows best, Ford

2.  Land vehicle, Vehicle, Car, Vintage car, Classic car, Motor vehicle, Antique car, Hot rod, Classic, Automotive wheel system,

3.  Buy this '78 Pontiac Firebird from 'The Rockford Files' and live the James  Garner dream

4..  Was Green Hornet's 'Beauty' the First of All Supercars? - The New York Times

5. Perhaps the world's most famous hot rod, Norm Grabowski's Kookie T... |  Hemmings

6. Favorite Movie/TV Car? - Page 6 | Tv cars, Cars movie, Lotus 7

Volvo P1800 car as driven by Roger Moore in the 'Saint' TV Series Stock  Photo - Alamy

Good job by Lavender so far!

Hints:

1.  Owned by teenager who is often working on his old car.  In one episode he complains to his mother that she always interested in his oldest sister's activities (dances, dresses, dates) but doesn't care when he's excited about his old car.  Later you see his mom under the car in greasy overalls helping her son.

4.  Owned by crime fighter.  Note the color of the headlights.

5.  2002 Great California Adventure - Photos  The show's name was an address.  Here is a picture of the actor driving his character's car.  

6.  Car is featured in the show's opening credits.  There is a clue in the picture above, the setting and big white balloon/ball in the background.

Great! Thanks to Chaya and Lavender, so far.

Just 1, 5, and 6 left. 

Lavender, I think, knows #1.  I'll  give two more clues for 5 & 6.  If no one bites,  I'll post the answers later today.

5.  Edd Burns drove this car on what show?

Kookie aka Edward Burns and hit Hot Rod from 77 Sunset Strip TV series. A  signed photo from a car show | Hot rods cars, Old race cars, Hot rods

6.  Here's a shot of Patrick McGoohan driving the car in the opening credits of what show:

🇬🇧📺 Classic British TV 📺🇬🇧 on Twitter | Lotus 7, Prison, Lotus car

• Like 1

Found this on page three, so I think I'll just finish this one off:

1.  Bud's car on Father Knows Best 

5.  Kookie's car on 77 Sunset Strip

7.  The Prisoner

Thanks to Chaya and Lavender for playing!  Lavender got three (and I suspect knew #1  knew the rest ;) ) and the thread.  

• Like 1

Thanks Peebs, I knew the rest, was hoping for more participation, I think some weren't around to play this week-end. I think it was a clever question. 

next

A very long running tv show in the classic time period had a character on the show that was played by 4 different actors during it's long run. Actors and TV show and the character they played ???

• Like 1

I don't know if this is the one you're thinking of, but on The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show, their neighbor Harry Morton (Blanche's husband) was played by 4 different actors:  Hal March, John Brown, Fred Clark and Larry Keating

3 hours ago, shutoo said:

I don't know if this is the one you're thinking of, but on The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show, their neighbor Harry Morton (Blanche's husband) was played by 4 different actors:  Hal March, John Brown, Fred Clark and Larry Keating

Burns and Allen is the tv show and the character is Harry Morton, George and Gracie's next door neighbor and Blanche's husband and those are the  actors I was thinking about Hal March, John Brown, Fred Clark and Larry Keating. Good work Shutoo, your thread :)

2 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Here's a quick one.

This skit done on a classic tv show is always on the funniest shows of all time lists.A famous movie was the inspiration. TV show, name of the skit ??

Gone with the Wind, The Carol Burnett Show, and Went with the Wind?

42 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Gone with the Wind, The Carol Burnett Show, and Went with the Wind?

Yes and after all these years whenever I think of Carol coming down the stairs with the green velvet drapes on the curtain rod on her shoulders I still laugh to myself. priceless skit. Knew this would go down fast. Good work Peebs, your thread.

• Like 1

Thanks, Lavender.   I see that Burnett's costume was donated to the Smithsonian.  

Next:

Who lived here?  Identify the Tv show by the character's home:

1.  File:Mary Tyler Moore House 2.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

2.  Here's the real cost for these 8 iconic TV homes

3.  Douglas Residence ("My Three Sons") | Tv show house, Show home, Hollywood  homes

4.  2nOVQ-1473787208-547-lists-batman_header.jpg

5.  Bob Newhart's Apt.AVI - YouTube

6.  Mork and Mindy (1979) — Set-Jetter

7.  The Original Addams Family House — Finding Lost Angeles

• Like 1

1. Mary Tyler Moore Show - it was Phylliss' house and Mary and Rhoda lived there.

5. It's either  The Jeffersons or Famiy Affair I think, I'll guess Family Affair ( lol I think it's The Jefferson's too) if I saw the entrance I'd know

7. The Addams Family

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1