Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

I'll take the question before it gets lost, found this on page 4!

next

These 2 actors were in 2 hit comedy tv series together in the '60's. Even though they were both hit shows neither had a long run on tv. Both actors in both shows wore special costumes for the 2 shows. Who were the 2 actors and the 2 tv shows ????

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I'll take the question before it gets lost, found this on page 4!

next

These 2 actors were in 2 hit comedy tv series together in the '60's. Even though they were both hit shows neither had a long run on tv. Both actors in both shows wore special costumes for the 2 shows. Who were the 2 actors and the 2 tv shows ????

Fred Gwynne and Al Lewis were teamed up in 2 comedy shows in the 60s--

They wore police uniforms in "Car 54, Where Are You?" 

And were costumed as Universal classic monsters in "The Munsters".

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Fred Gwynne and Al Lewis were teamed up in 2 comedy shows in the 60s--

They wore police uniforms in "Car 54, Where Are You?" 

And were costumed as Universal classic monsters in "The Munsters".

I knew this one with all the info would go down fast. Yes, Fred Gwynne and Al Lewis were both co-stars in Car 54 Where Are You? and The Munsters. Both were hits, unfortunately both were only on for 2 years. I loved Car 54 and watched it every week in it's original run on tv. Good work Princess, your thread.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Next:

This TV actor was very successful in several classic westerns and a popular dramatic series.

But he started his career playing in a sci-fi '50's schlock film.

Hint--Later in his career he was as famous for being behind the camera as in front of it.

When you identify this actor, list one of his classic TV shows and don't forget to identify the fun schlock film that gave him his start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Next:

This TV actor was very successful in several classic westerns and a popular dramatic series.

But he started his career playing in a sci-fi '50's schlock film.

Hint--Later in his career he was as famous for being behind the camera as in front of it.

When you identify this actor, list one of his classic TV shows and don't forget to identify the fun schlock film that gave him his start.

I'll take a shot with Michael Landon? Early in his career he starred in I was a Teenage Werewolf.  He had a co-starring role in the huge hit series Bonanza and later he wrote and directed and starred in  Little House On the Prairie and Highway to Heaven ??????

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lavenderblue19 said:

I'll take a shot with Michael Landon? Early in his career he starred in I was a Teenage Werewolf.  He had a co-starring role in the huge hit series Bonanza and later he wrote and directed and starred in  Little House On the Prairie and Highway to Heaven ??????

Yep, I knew you'd get that one. And I wanted to tell you I saw it in the movie theater a long long time ago.

Lav, you're on a roll, your turn.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

This lovely actresses career has lasted over 60 years. She's a stage, film and tv actress, although most would know her from her appearances on TV. She had many guest appearances and starred in some tv shows. One of her starring tv roles in the classic time period was short lived and the other began at the tail end of the '70's. Who is this actress and name the 2 tv series she's best known for and extra to name a couple of the films she had roles in ??????

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was it Cloris Leachman?

She played Phyllis Lindstrom on The Mary Tyler Moore Show (and its spinoff - Rhoda, plus a MTM Reunion).  Then she got her own spinoff (after Lars died).  Lisa Garretson (sp?) continued to play her daughter (Bess?).

However,  you didn't say this person won an Oscar - which Leach did (for her dramatic role in The Last Picture Show).

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

Was it Cloris Leachman?

She played Phyllis Lindstrom on The Mary Tyler Moore Show (and its spinoff - Rhoda, plus a MTM Reunion).  Then she got her own spinoff (after Lars died).  Lisa Garretson (sp?) continued to play her daughter (Bess?).

However,  you didn't say this person won an Oscar - which Leach did (for her dramatic role in The Last Picture Show).

Sorry, not Cloris Leachman. I wrote that the other show began at the tail end of the '70's. Neither Rhoda nor Phyllis  began at the end of the 1970's. This actress did not win an Oscar.

another clue since there was a guess

This actress began her career as a teenager.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like it could be Stefanie Powers.  She starred  in "The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.",  a spinoff of "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".  It only lasted one season.  Leo G. Carroll appeared in both shows.  Her big hit series was "Hart To Hart".  She played John Wayne's daughter in "McLintock".  She also appeared in "Experiment In Terror", "If A Man Answers", and "Palm Springs Weekend" in the sixties.   Of course, the horror movie was "Die! Die! My Darling!" with Tallulah Bankhead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MilesArcher said:

It sounds like it could be Stefanie Powers.  She starred  in "The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.",  a spinoff of "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".  It only lasted one season.  Leo G. Carroll appeared in both shows.  Her big hit series was "Hart To Hart".  She played John Wayne's daughter in "McLintock".  She also appeared in "Experiment In Terror", "If A Man Answers", and "Palm Springs Weekend" in the sixties.   Of course, the horror movie was "Die! Die! My Darling!" with Tallulah Bankhead. 

Yes, Stefanie Powers, her spinoff short lived series was The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. Leo G Carroll is the actor who appeared in both shows and her other hit series that began in 1979 was Hart To Hart. Yes the horror movie was Die, Die My Darling playing Tallulah's daughter- in-law. McLintock, Palm Springs Week-end, Experiment In Terror and If A Man Answers  ( time for TCM to show this one, it's hasn't been shown in years)were some of her other films.  Thanks Chaya for the guess. Good work Miles, your thread.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Re:  Stefanie Powers.  When she introduced Born Yesterday, she was not very kind to Judy Holliday (my Mom's friend).  However, Stephanie Powers was hooked up with William Holden at the end of his life, so maybe that is why she said it.  Maybe she forgot that Judy Holliday had a major supporting role in Adam's Rib.

I remember Rex Harrison's Son, Noel in The Girl From Uncle (think he had a hit single?).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Several years after the original "Mickey Mouse Club" had gone off the air, two of the original Mouseketeers became regulars on another TV show.  One was there for only a short time and the other was there for a lot longer.  The show featured singing, dancing, and a band.  Can you name the two performers and the show?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The  Lawrence  Welk  Show   had    Bobby  Burgess  and  Cubby  O'Brien  as  performers.   Bobby  Burgess  was  in  226  episodes  and  Cubby  O'Brien  8  episodes.  Cubby  O'Brien  also  played  drums  on  The  Carol  Burnett  Show. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is correct, Cinemaman.  Cubby O'Brien also played drums for The Carpenters when Karen Carpenter moved from playing the drums to being a solo singer in front of the band.  

An Interview with Bobby Burgess - LaughingPlace.com     

 

    image.jpeg.cd9dcebb2c9d98be1517c47cc9df1cae.jpeg 

 

Cinemaman, You're up next.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  Thanks  Miles  Film   Composer   Quiz :   please  name  the  film  composer  by  the  three  film  clues.  Thanks  1.  Oklahoma  1955  South  Pacific  1958  The  Sound  of  Music  1965   2.  Goldfinger 1964  Born  Free  1966  Midnight   Cowboy  1969   3.  High  Noon  1952  The  High  and  the  Mighty  1954   The  Alamo  1960  4.  Wuthering  Heights  1939  Captain  From  Castile  1947   How  the  West  Was  Won  1962  5.  Citizen  Kane  1941  Anna  and  the  King  of  Siam 1946  Vertigo  1958  6.  Roberta  1935  Gone  With  the Wind  1939  Casablanca  1942   7.  Anthony  Adverse  1936  The  Sea  Hawk  1940  King's  Row  1942  8.  Brigadoon  1954  My  Fair  Lady  1964  Camelot  1967   9.  A  Street  Car  Named  Desire  1951  Spartacus  1960  Cleopatra  1960  10.  Ivanhoe  1952  Ben  Hur  1959  El  Cid  1961  11.  The  Magnificent  Seven  1960  Walk  On  the  Wild  Side  1962  Thoroughly  Modern  Millie 1967   12.  The  Sand  Pebbles  1966  Planet  of  the  Apes  1968   Patton  1970  13.  A  Fistful  of  Dollars  1964  The  Good,  the  Bad  and the  Ugly  1966  Once  Upon  a  Time  in the West  1968  14.  The  Umbrellas  of  Cherbourg  1964  The  Young  Girls  of  Rochefort  1967  The  Thomas  Crown  Affair  1968  15.  Breakfast  at  Tiffany's  Days of  Wine  and  Roses  1962   Charade  1963

Link to post
Share on other sites

My  Thanks  to  Peebs  for getting  us  to  a  good  start,  Questions  4-15  have  not  been  answered  yet.  I  know  we  have  good  and  talented  people  to  answer the rest  of  the  questions.  Please  let  know  if  you  need  hints  to  answer  these  questions.  Thanks

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...