Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2 hours ago, cinemaman said:

4.  That  Girl   Ruth  Buzzi   as  Pete  Peterson   Sally  Kellerman   as  Sandy  Stafford    Jackie  Joseph  as  Margie/  Sharon

34 minutes ago, cinemaman said:

6.  Columbo   Richard  Basehart   as  Nicholas  Frame   Anne  Baxter  as  Nora  Chandler    William  Shatner  as  Ward  Fowler

Oh cinemaman....you didn't read the intro!   Lots of people were on these shows, but you didn't tell me what they had in common...(Columbo had a different guest every week...what makes these three characters different?)so these are still open..

and you don't need to give character names unless you really want to....

12 minutes ago, shutoo said:

Oh cinemaman....you didn't read the intro!   Lots of people were on these shows, but you didn't tell me what they had in common...(Columbo had a different guest every week...what makes these three characters different?)so these are still open..

and you don't need to give character names unless you really want to....

20 hours ago, cinemaman said:

I  made  an  mistake  in  my  prior  post,  please  ignore  4.  That  Girl   they  were  all  friends  of   Ann  Marie  Ruth  Buzzi   Sally Kellerman  and  Jackie  Joseph

yes, you're right...you wouldn't want to guess what made these friends different from her others?

#4. I do somewhat remember the episode with Sally Kellerman ( it's decades ago), Sally was Ann's friend who was also an actress Ann goes on for her in a play because Sally broke her leg,  Ruth Buzzi also Ann's friend also plays an actress and  Jackie Joseph is Ann's friend and she's an actress???? Ann, besides filling in for Sally,does fill in  for Jackie Joseph when Jackie has an acting job, so maybe it's also Ann fills in for her friends?

A suggestion, maybe quote your original question it's a pain to have to go back and forth since the question is on the previous page and list the ones that are still open, Thanks.

• Like 1
On 10/27/2021 at 3:31 PM, shutoo said:

This one's a little different...I'll list 3 actors who all did the same thing, or had the same character description on a classic tv series.  For instance, it could be they all portrayed ex-husbands of actress X on the whatever show.   You have to be exact in how they were all the same in different episodes...you can't just say they were on the show.   If I said Van Johnson, William Holden and Richard Widmark, the answer would be"  they all met Lucy in Hollywood on I Love Lucy.  Here goes: (hint:  all except 5 and 6 are sitcoms)

3.  Greg Mullavey, Michael Callan, Steve Franken

5. Ray Walston, Julie newmar, Sebastian Cabot

7.  Barbara Hershey, Bonnie Franklin, Richard Dreyfuss

9. Zsa Zsa Gabor, Hans Conried, Don Rickles

I've 'erased' the ones that have been answered...hope this helps

• Thanks 1

7.  Barbara Hershey and Bonnie Franklin were on a couple of early episodes of "Gidget" as Gidget's classmates. 

Richard Dreyfuss was on a later episode, also as a classmate.  He was "Derf the Drag", the nerdiest boy in school who Gidget invites to a school  dance. 

image.jpeg.1ebc6592a4035f5e1cbccf2660893da3.jpeg

Strangely, a few years later, Richard Dreyfuss , a previous Best Actor Oscar winner, presented Sally Field with the Best Actress Oscar for "Norma Rae".

The 52nd Annual Academy Awards"Sally Field, Richard Dreyfuss1980 © 1980  Gunther - Image 10877_0080 | Most iconic images of the 20th century | MPTV  Images

• Like 1

5. Ray Walston, Julie newmar, Sebastian Cabot

not a comedy...interestingly Walston played this character on the big screen as well...hmmmm..

9. . Zsa Zsa Gabor, Hans Conried, Don Rickles

comedy..you could also add Rory Calhoun and John McGiver...it's actually odd that this show had any guest stars...

edit..Peebs answered 9 just as I was hitting enter

5.  Ray Walston, Julie Newmar, Sebastian Cabot: 

Not sure about this one:  Newmar and Cabot each played the devil on The Twilight Zone.  Walston played Mr. Applegate in Damn Yankees but I don't think he was on  TZ.  

The Twilight Zone (1959)  The chilling laughter of 'Pip', as played by Sebastian Cabot, at the  conclusion of 'A Nice Place To Visit' | Twilight zone, Cool places to  visit, Twilight

Oh, I'm So Sorry! This will teach me to look at my notes (or cut and paste..) 

My notes on tablet were..

Burgess meredith
Julie newmar
Sebastian cabot...were devil on tzone

but I  used another computer to input, and relied on my memory...

you're right Peebs! I screwed up this one!

Peebs and Cinemaman tied with 3 each...you can flip a coin, arm wrestle, whatever for the honor of posting next 🙂

thanks everyone for playing!

• Thanks 2