Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thanks Chaya

next

This beautiful actress has had a career lasting almost 60 years. She's been in films, on the Broadway stage, and tv. She's been in some daytime  soap operas,a couple of famous films, one is a cult favorite, many guest appearances on tv shows and made for tv movies and a night time soap, These are only referencing her work in the classic time period although she's still a working actress.

Actress, her daytime soaps, her famous cult film and her night time soap ?????????

On 11/11/2021 at 4:29 AM, lavenderblue19 said:

The cult movie she co-starred in, starred the director of the film, it was the first film he directed.

Since I haven't watched soap operas in years, I didn't get it till this clue.

Clint Eastwood's first movie that he directed was "Play Misty for Me"  and He co-starred with soap opera actress Donna Mills.

Believe it or not, I actually remember one short run soap opera she was in: "Love is a Many Splendored Thing".

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Since I haven't watched soap operas in years, I didn't get it till this clue.

Clint Eastwood's first movie that he directed was "Play Misty for Me"  and He co-starred with soap opera actress Donna Mills.

Believe it or not, I actually remember one short run soap opera she was in: "Love is a Many Splendored Thing".

Yes, Donna Mills. started out on the soap The Secret Storm. I watched it after school. then she was in Love Is A Many Splendored Thing for 6 years. I never heard of that soap. Knots Landing was a show I loved and watched faithfully for 14 years., she was Abby Cunningham. Yes, Play Misty For Me was the film .I bought her makeup kit called The Eyes Have It. Great eye makeup. Beautiful actress can't believe she's 81. Saw her recently in a tv movie, she still looks fantastic. Good going Princess, your thread.

• Thanks 1

Classic TV series are famous for the unique ways they open the show to introduce the cast with the theme song. Let's see if you can match the classic series with these *openings: 

1) A triangle, serving as a dinner gong, calls the family into supper. 

2) A father enters his family home but trips on an ottoman. 

3) The cast is introduced by turning the pages of a book. 

4) The cast is riding down the street in an open truck as they are introduced. 

5) A cast member opens a door and comes out of an office.

He walks over to a carport where he meets another cast member in a car.

He gets into the car. As it drives away,  another cast member is left in the carport. 

6) Family comes down the stairs, as they are leaving the house in the morning, while the mother is handing each one of them their lunch. 

7) This is a rather long intro, but near the end two men are in a park doing a May pole dance with children. 

😎Viii Two young women are repeating a motto and doing a dance down a street. 

9) At the end of this opening, a woman takes off her cap(hat) and throws it up in the air. 

10) The stars are surfing on surfboards. 

11) An old-time map burns to reveal four men riding fast on horseback. 

12) In this animated opening, two stick cartoon-type characters, a woman and a man, come across a stage to introduce the show. (This is not a cartoon show.) 

13) The opening cast introductions are printed on wet cement. 

14) A man and a woman are sitting at a piano singing. The woman is playing. 

15) A man sitting in an old-time law enforcement office (jail) checks a rifle and then throws it to another man.

16) A man draws a six shooter (pointing it at the audience) and gives a brief explanation. Then he puts it back in the holster. (You don't see his face.)

17) Opening the door of a house, first the father comes out, next the mother, and then individually two siblings. Each is introduced and then they stand together.

*(Some of these series had long runs and may have had varied openings. These are their most memorable ones.)

1.  The  Real  McCoys      2.  The  Dick  Van  Dyke  Show   4.  The  Beverly  Hillbillies  6.  The  Donna  Reed  Show   7.  The  Odd  Couple   8.  Laverne  &  Shirley   9.  The  Mary  Tyler Moore  Show   11.  Bonanza   14.  All  in  the  Family   Thanks

Thanks  Princess  next:  Screen  Teams,  please  name  the  screen  team  by  their  one  picture  clue.  example  These  Three  1936  answer  Joel  McCrea  and  Miriam  Hopkins  1.  Woman  of  the  Year 1942   2.  Babes  In  Arms  1939  3.  To  Have and  Have  Not  1944  4.  Top  Hat  1935   5.  The  Quiet  Man  1952  6.  Dancing  Lady  1933  7.  Captain  Blood  1935  8.  Naughty  Marietta  1935   9. Ball  of  Fire  1941  10. Ninotchka  1939  11.  Gilda  1946  12.  The  Shop  Around  the  Corner  1940   13. The  Awful  Truth  1937   14.  The  Thin   Man  1934   15.  The  Petrified  Forest  1936

Let's see if we can wrap up this question.

5.  John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara

6.  Joan Crawford and Clark Gable

7.   Errol Flynn and Olivia DeHavilland

8.  Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy

9.  Barbara Stanwyck and Gary Cooper

10. Greta Garbo and Melvyn Douglas

Of course, there was another prominent screen team in "Dancing Lady".  They would be The Three Stooges.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1